Blizzard & Twitch Team Up To Censor Gamers

Thanks folks

Well yes, for now. Personally I see this as a test. If it’s successful they’ll surely use it for all of their games. Imo it’s not a very smart move, because it can actually backfire and cause some streamers just to stop playing blizzard games instead.

1 Like

Agree in a more general sense.

However within the context of this “moderation” thing I don’t think feedback is what they’re aiming to “censor”.
Just by looking at how these forums are moderated, I don’t think Blizzard is in the business of silencing everything negative always, they let even heated discussions/arguments take place here, don’t see how the Twitch thing is going to be much different.

Like I said earlier, I think you’ll likely just see less spam for the most part, some of the more edgy vitriol will prolly be gone too.

You dont seem to understand this test. This test is just for overwatch CONTENDERS streams not overwatch streams as whole. if its successful then it will be used for the overwatch LEAGUE streams. Also why would streamers stop streaming blizzard games if this was put for all blizz games? Would they be upset that their viewers could no longer be offensive?

1 Like

No, because they’ll lose a number of subs(money).

They would lose very few subs. the minority of their fan base which deserve to be banned and punished for using offensive language.

1 Like

I have no idea how many they’ll lose, but even if it’s only 1%, that’s 1% reduction from sub money(which is their biggest income). Speaking personally, if my employer decides to decrease my wage, then the first thing I’d do would be to look for another job.

they’d still lose the person anyway, because they’d be banned from twitch. so not matter what game they go to, its the same issue.

Also, this will probably take off in big way if it works with overwatch contenders. Because no company wants their Esport to be known for offensive and appalling language as It turns away sponsors.

Huh? Only blizzard demands bnet account to be linked to twitch, so it does matter.

That’s assuming that it’s only the toxic people who would refuse to go along with these Orwellian methods of policing people.

You mean… regular rules right? because you’d be arrested in real life for saying most of what those terrible people say.

2 Likes

yeah? and? The person who said it would still have their twitch account banned regardless of what game it is.

Linking your bnet account risks getting it banned too though.

Yeah. its another measure to stop this behaviour. But either way. If the person was banned from twitch or banned from bnet. theyd still be lost revenue.

2 Likes

Ok, seems we’re talking about different things. My pov is that a lot of the subs wouldn’t be willing to link their twitch and bnet accounts for whatever reason. For example I don’t want blizzard to know what streams I watch(yes, that kind of information is shared when you link the accounts).

So banning has nothing to do with it - if I’m required to link my bnet account to be able to use chat while watching Method’s stream their race for example, I simply won’t do it, so any streamer playing blizzard games will lose money in any case.

On the other hand, if that streamer plays some other game he won’t lose that subs, because there will be no requirement to link his bnet and twitch accounts.

1 Like

/doublefacepalm

the narrow and short sightedness of some people. it makes me just want to give up :frowning:

1 Like

Twitch chat without random hate isnt twitch chat… I mean whats fun about white knights 24/7.

1 Like

im glad. there are way to many people who atm make money on someone others IP and negative emotions.

they should go with banhammer on all of them .

and you know perfecly well whom im talking about

this is interesting actually and i would like to dig a bit deeper .

you are assuming that whole internet is based on people who are dead set against any form of control when its simply not true . - there are a lot - and i mean a lot of people who lead relatively simply boring lives and who dont care if someone uses their data .

yes you will get occasion outcry but reality is ? most of people dont give a sh…t if big brother is watching them - because maybe apart the kinds of po…n that they like they have literaly nothing to hide due to how boring and monotonus their lives are.

more - those people like this kind of control because for them control means safety - safety from thieves , criminals, toxic people, trolls etc.

you can see it very well IRL in China atm - they have started those citizien points systems like 4-5 years ago and people love it there and fully support it. you know why ? because boring people only rip benefits from it - they go to work , work return home and lead boring uneventfull life . so there is no downside for them .

most people are not leaders , they are not rebels / gamechangers etc - most people are sheeps who dont mind being controled. and they live very very happy lives usually.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware there are that many babies on the internet these days that need to grow a spine because of “muh feelings.”

Yikes.