Blizzard & Twitch Team Up To Censor Gamers

twitch is not that bad by itself, I don’t mind donating some money to an entertaining streamer or subscribing, but the whole account linking very quickly turned most of its users into a product. Just look at twitch prime scheme - they share a lot of your private information with amazon.

2 Likes

It’s a free service - you were always the product.

1 Like

That was not my point, my argument was that the people who disagree with this new policy is not necessarily toxic Twitch trolls, but rather people who do it out of principle.

You’re absolutely right though that most people won’t care, and it’s unfortunate if you ask me. I had someone tell me just yesterday that she doesn’t care about being filmed in her home, as she has nothing to hide.

2 Likes

Yes, but when multiple accounts are linked to it, there’s a lot more personal information shared between them, so it’s a lot worse.

Well… im not watching any Blizzard title on twitch. Not gonna support that 3rd Reich behavior.

3 Likes

Yeah ofc Blizzard and 3rd Reich are so very similar …/sarcasm off

Did you not know that blizzard are evil incarnate? :rofl:

2 Likes

Failed the history exam at school?

2 Likes

I know more about history then you and you are trying to hard.

1 Like

i doubt that… i really doubt that. Nice try tho

Ofc you dont else you wouldnt even try to compare the two .

1 Like

So Blizz and Twitch try to clamp down on some toxic behaviour and people are going cray cray?

1 Like

I am very curious, what are you so afraid of not being able to say with the new moderation system. Everytime I ask anything regarding this sort of stuff, all I get is “free speeeeeeeeech” which doesn’t really say anything.

Enlighten me. What topics of discussion will be barred in Twitch chat should this system be implemented?

You say something on twitch, Blizz doesnt like it and bans your account…
What words must not be used? Thats a secret! But if you use em you get banned! Hell yeah…

Your argument is like of those people that say “I dont care if the government spies on me i have nothing to hide”. But those who dont have an opinion dont need free speech because they have nothing to say anyway. And since the Diablo Immortal debakel they even forumban critics.

3 Likes

But which topics in particular do you think Blizzard would clamp down on with their secret banlist? Do you think we’ll lose all access to giving meaningful negative feedback, or even non-constructive stuff? Or do you think we can’t ever say anything negative about, say, a specific player in the chat? Or team?

It’s not, I’m not sure how you derived that from my words.

1 Like

Have you seen the idiotic Patreon behavior? They banned people based on their opinions stated off the platform. Guess what, that’s exactly what’ll happen in the future - you’d get your bnet account banned because you didn’t like Battlefront V’s protagonist.

IDK anything about the Patreon thing, so can’t say that I have. That being said…

Blizzard has demonstrably not done that with their own platform, i.e. the forums, I mean this thread has been allowed to continue…

Way I see the whole idea about freedom of speech within the context of Twitch, as a platform it’s never been about meaningful feedback or expression of ideas, not in big streams at least, so we’re really not losing anything with harsher moderation if/when this is applied to OWC.

I also don’t believe that Blizzard would delete accounts lightly based on Twitch chat behaviour, think you’d have to be pretty abhorrent if they were to do that.

And even then you have the choice, don’t link the account and participate, let the people decide how good of an idea this is. Surely if the linking is too oppressive, people will opt out and leave the system to die, and the problem will solve itself with that.

There are also easy workarounds on this whole idea, throwaway bnet account, someone hosting the stream for the purposes of giving a more lenient chatroom etc.

Also, you’ve got a bit of a point, in theory at least, in an earlier post of yours about the personal information getting around more and more, but that’s part of a wider phenomenon and this one instance is unlikely going to be big in the grand scheme of things, so I see it as only loosely relevant to the discussion.

A bit of a scatterbrained post I know, but I’m tired and just vomiting this here before sleep.

6 Likes

hilarious, I said people who support this are nothing different than the ones who supported . and my comment was removed :joy:

really ironic that free speech is being oppressed, and people support it.

we all know how it ended last time, they burned books, closed newspapers etc. because in their subjective opinion “others were enemies and had wrong ideas”. wonder how this one will end :joy:

feels like living in harry potter world, gotta refer to baddies as now. lmao sad

3 Likes