Blizzard, we need server upgrades for P2

WoW classic servers:

Nostalrius:

Still cant get over the fact Nostalrius had way, WAY better servers than Blizzard
Please, now is the time to update them

54 Likes

It’s funny though cause I remember weeks before launch people in the forums even having something to complain about paying the subscription because ‘it’s a 15 yo game’.

These are called “Retailer Trolls”. Welcome to the internet.

Here’s what else Retailer Trolls have been saying:

==============================================================

1. WALL OF NO

Whatever happened to that fanatical Drone that constructed a post three pages long or so to let us know that Classic ain’t happenin’?

I don’t think I have seen a bigger clown since Forrest Gump tbh.

So Drone, you know what to do with your WALL OF NO post now or should I have to tell you?

2. VANILLA PIRATE SERVER PLAYERS ARE AN INSIGNIFICANT MINORITY NOT WORTH LISTENING TO.

-Extra salty for “PIRATE”. We all know how that turned out and who’s the “insignificant minority”, right Drone?

3. YOU ARE TOO YOUNG YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED VANILLA - YOU ARE TOO OLD, THE GAMING SCENE HAS CHANGED, IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO MOVE ON AND PASS ON.

-When somebody stated they preferred Vanilla over Retail Drones said that one is probably too young to have played Vanilla.

-When one replied that they were old enough and they remember very well how Vanilla was like they got told they are too old to play video games and that they should move on or pass on and leave gaming to the new generation.

4. ROSE TINTED GLASSES

• “You think you do, but you don’t”.

5. YOU NEVER PLAYED VANILLA (SO YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID)

-When the Drones encountered someone who had really played Vanilla and was old enough and therefore able to argue with authority, Drones fell back to the argument YOU ARE LYING AND YOU NEVER PLAYED VANILLA.

• Drones would ask for “proof”. When someone submitted a screenshot of their payment history proving they did play vanilla, Drones would dismiss the screenshot as fake or “photoshop”.

6. BLIZZARD CAN’T GET YOU VANILLA BECAUSE THEY HAVE LOST THE GAME CODE AND IT’S IRRIETRIEVABLE

-Famously, this was responded to by former Vanilla Team Lead Mark Kern who confirmed that BLizzaard did maintain copies and archives of their old code, so the Vanilla “code” should be somewhere in Blizzard HQ.

This riposte by Mark really infuriated the Drones which started a loooooong smear campaign against him that’s still ongoing on the internet, with the Drones trying to argue that Mark’s opinion is invalid because he was bad at his job.

7. OPERATING COST OF VANILLA SERVERS TOO HIGH; BLIZZARD CAN’T AFFORD IT

-These Drones in particular were really interested about the cash deposits and profits of Blizzard, in fact so much so that they argued that Blizzard, a billion dollar company, can’t afford to host a dozen servers.

-They argued this while at the same time amateurs were operatin’ PS running out of a log cabin in Siberia on cheap AMD hardware and were able to host 100k+ players per 24 hours.

8. YOU PLAY ON PS BECAUSE YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO PAY A SUB - YOU PIRATES WILL NEVER PAY A SUB THEREFORE YOUR REQUESTS ARE INVALID.

-I recall reading this delusional Drone argument from my $2k+ PC sitting in my traditional Romanesque villa somewhere in the Mediterranean in front of the “infinite blue” of the Aegean. At the gulf below, there were numerous cruise ships riding at anchor.

These ppl were so dumb that they seriously believed our community, made up mostly by Fenno-Scandinavian, Dutch and British 30 year old+ professionals
really could not afford to pay Blizzard 15 euros per month.

In my country, you can’t even buy one pack of cigarettes and one pack of chewing gum with 15 euros, but whatever.

9. YOU ARE DESPICABLE PIRATE SCUM (YARRR) SO YOU ARE NOT MORALLY WORTH LISTENING TO; BLIZZARD ONLY LISTENS TO UPSTANDING, MORAL PLAYERS (WE BE HOLIER THAN THOU).

-These Drones thought that because we were forced to play on a PS, after being chased off the Blizzard forums like Heretics of old as Vanilla fans with the WALL OF NO and constant bans (I personally was banned for over 5 years or more for advocating Vanilla servers back when Blizzard would have none of it), we were somehow despicable immoral people with no moral standards.

It does not matter that we had Priests in our community or volunteers who took care of wounded animals or people who ran animal shelter pens.

Nope, we were collectively bad immoral pirates, criminals of the worst order that did not deserve the attention of a Moral, Upstanding, Honourable company such as Blizzard.

If we lived in the universe of the Pirates Of The Caribbeam, I am sure the Drones would have us hanged by a squad of Lobsters speaking Cockney while the Royal
Marine Officer In Charge would speak King’s English.

10. THE PETITION

The petition was started by the Nostalrius admins and signed by hundreds of THOUSANDS of us. In it, we were asking for Vanilla servers run by Blizzard. We stated we would be happy to pay for the priviledge.

-In the World Of The Drones all hell broke loose. Drones were frothing at the mouth and they couldn’t believe that a bunch of despicable pirates had the impertinence and the audacity to dare address Holy Blizzard.

• Then it started: Drones would sign our petition only to vandalize it. Other Drones would claim to have signed numerous times and argue that the company that run the website did not have a system in place to prevent persons from signing multiple times.

-Finally, the Drones came up with the argument that we had hired Russian Bot Farm Owners from Dark Web to inflate the number of signatures. This happened when our petition had exceeded 200,000 signatures.

UNQUOTE

23 Likes

Yeah i’m not sure whats up with it, but it needs to be better.

Edit: because its generally fine, it just goes all weird the more people in wpvp

I wish they would upgrade servers: nostalrius humongous battles were the most fun I ever had

4 Likes

It is not the servers, it is the technology Blizzard are using that doesn’t allow massive 200-200 PvP.

3 Likes

what kind of magical tricks did nostalrius team pull off then ?

2 Likes

At least won’t get ganged 1 vs 30 :d
There is a limit how many can gang ya at same time:p

I made a thread about this but suggested BGs release (Only wsg) with p2 or very shortly after (Like DM). It has been shown the servers simply cannot handle even small raids (By countless streamer raids - and even smaller raids). Having more people than in these videos in the same place will result in not only just a lag fested PvP experience but nobody being able to level at all (Not because of PvP, but the insane lag).
Furthermore, the state of the lag will likely see extra guards killed unintentionally and end up just causing more and more problems.

1 Like

people will not be farming honor in big grps, so the servers being bad shouldn’t affect wpvp much at all, at least not the pvp that introducing bgs would kill. However wboss will be bad, but wsg won’t fix that

Jees the amount of cata-benched cells is over 9k in you kekw

I’m not sure you fully read what I was saying.

People will be in smaller groups but they’ll most likely all be in the same place. Our server lags when 2x Molten Core groups meet at Thorium, nevermind 8-9x more people at whatever area people decide to mostly PvP at. The amount of people the server can hold in the same place before it becomes unplayable, as shown in the videos, will create unstable and lag fested servers and ultimately become unplayable.

Putting BGs up will greatly reduce the amount of people in the open world.

people will spread out as much as possible between zones so honor is more distributed. A hillsbrad type situation will never be a thing

1 Like

Doubtful. People will go where the PvP is at. It’s optimistic to believe people will just not go to mass PvP zones and just sit afk somewhere else hoping for honor while the rest of the server PvPs.

1 Like

Love to see blizzard’s behind the scenes is MAKING people give up on classic cause of how absolutely horrendous the Quality of their services have become and they still aren’t willing to admit to it even after the whole classic community made them eat their own words for breakfast as well as making every single dipper still working there realize they’re working on a game that the majority of players would rather forsake in favor of a 14 year old game made by people they didn’t like at the company that now work somewhere else because blizzard isn’t very good at all at retaining any form of talent

1 Like

The lag in huge fights is literally a joke.

It’s funny how a couple of dudes hosting a private server in their moms basement did a better job at handling this than a company like Blizzard who has been in the industry for about three decades now.

I’m pretty sure they are aware of the issue, but it’s not been addressed at all, because it’s probably not an easy to fix hardware issue as in upgrading servers.
More likely it is a fundamental coding issue.

9 Likes

wasn’t it a bunch of russian dudes to and the server was powered by a hamster?

2 Likes

I don’t think its about ‘upgrading the servers’.

I think its about comparing the uncomparable.

Like for instance comparing 1 beefed up solitairy pirate server with the traffic that Blizzards multiple games network has to deal with?

Besides, World of Warcraft never was about those massive pirate server style PvP battles.

more likely its about running the game on legion client rather than an optimised client

1 Like

good to know blizzard was sueing private servers out of jealousy of their professional competence and the lack of blizzards own competence. I mean it’s understandable that a US corporation has to do these things when they’re literally being schooled by a ragtag group of nobodies running a old consumer grade server to actually beat the quality of service a company with several billion dollars stored in off-shore tax havens apparently can’t match.

and having played on pservers and dealt with their devs on their atrocious bugtrackers seeing blizzard deliver a service that’s genuinely below that standard.

Words fail to describe at how pathetic this makes a company with several billion dollars worth of resources, more money stashed away in tax havens than several European countries produce in GDP put together, and yet somehow they manage to fail at getting a 15 (!!!) year old game to run at anywhere near remotely presentable levels of QoS. Stack on top of that the huge amount of bugs on the bugreport forums that are going unadressed even when phase 2 is only 2 weeks away at most communication on this was again better on pservers again blizzard here is failing to meet the quality of service set by people with far less resources, way less staff, and also no a lot of them were in it for the money from doing character auctions or flat out be involved in gold selling and yet they still manage to produce a better quality of service :thinking:

And this is ignoring the fact that phase 1.5 we’re in currently is just a massive open beta because they couldn’t even catch most of the gamebreaking bugs that had to be hotfixed later on, maybe if the beta wasn’t mostly for advertising and actual testing then we wouldn’t have the scenario where blizzard sat on their rear doing nothing while people exploited their way to 60 using bugs they discovered on the beta because of the exact reason that they only got a select # of testers in and even as the beta was emptying out they still refused to get in new testers so now we’re left with this utter trashfire of a service

8 Likes