Blizzard : When are you making Demonology Lock competitive again?

Alot of us hates Affliction, and destro is semi decent.

Tons of us wants to see some Demonology changes, but ive seen 0 changes for the future.

I dont understand, dont you listen to your players ?

13 Likes

Bump! Demonology is hella fun to play even now, but it needs some tweaks to be perfect, Blizz give some love to this spec and i will main Warlock for the first time in my 15yr career :slight_smile:

2 Likes

not fun too play if something disrupts your rotation and you end up with 0 dmg because of it.

to make it competitive in a high movement environment, they have to change the play style yet again.
In situations where you don’t have to move, demo is actually not bad

2 Likes

The problem with demo in pvp is mainly there is no dmg at all out of tyrant. And it takes so much times to setup a big one to do dogshxt dmg, all avoidable/line able /cc able etc…

And good luck when mêlée cleave is on you all the time you can’t play the game even if you juke kicks + you are dying through everything easily and you have no mobility at all. Good luck to get a cc when you are constantly slow all games (except you play with a hpal or double casters).

And y the design ofc but everybody know about it since prepatch.

6 Likes

They’re gonna have to revamp us honestly a buff isn’t going to make demonology competitive in pvp unless they give us demon armour and with that combinding with soul link we’ll probably be even worse than destro

4 Likes

Every Demo Lock in arena;

Breaks sweat to summon a Tyrant with 6 to 9 Imps, finally summons it, opponent just LOSes it; you rage quit, gg.

6 Likes

Tbh wish they didnt

Demo locks being literally the only dps without an interrupt is just taking the piss in dungeons

Tried mechagon with 415 people … 2 demo locks & 1 balance druid, just didnt work

Don’t need to run tbh this days peoples can just kick the pet or aoe stun and it’s over.

Imo our only chance being viable would be a buff to sacrificed souls or giving us retarded dmg through pets because our dmg and pets are non existent right now.

Give Demo the choice to pick Demon Armor.

Change Conflict and Strife to give either Demon Armor or Call Fellhunter to Demo instead of Nether Ward.

Sorry people but when you will understand class balance is gone and they will never “balance” the game again.
is more easy for them to have broken classes to make you buy lvl boosts.just my 3 cents take bm hunter they dps on the move they are doing insane dps but nobody “fix” them in turret mode.Why they ask money for lvl 110 boost they need to be free nobody is doing manual work to creeate them on the server.

2 Likes

Because staying mute and not complaining isn’t going to help.
We are simply voicing our concerns and bringing attention to issues that have been going on for long enough.

I admit this thread didn’t start off as constructively as it could, e.g. by giving examples of what should be changed, but there are some valid arguments made by others.

2 Likes

Why everyone think

1. There is some class dev
  2. They care
    There is none. They dont care.
3 Likes

ah yes surviving for a second longer is somehow going to make this utter trash competitive
roger that

2 Likes

Blizzard needs to stop making pve rotations into PVP.

Nobody is playing Demo in pvp because you need to perform dozens of casts just so you can burst??

Remove shadowbolt cast , some expacks ago it was instant and had charges

Hand of guldan that SPENDS shards, needs to do damage, not 5k! WTF? Remove AOE dmg from it in pvp and increase damage for each shard that is uses.

Tyrant, instant cast with no imp consumption , just max damage as if it would consume the imps.

Give felguard spamstring or better a talent tree so we can talent it the way we want.

Better def cds and an escape move.

Make procs work of pets attacks, as of now , demo has the lowest chance to proc any passive procs that warlock has from gear and the neck.

Lets do that for all classes, Every class needs to cast PERFECTLY and then also need to cast their burst CD… sound fun right?

for like 10 seconds in PVP you do NO DMG at all with demo, who would want to play such class?? And if there is a melee on your face then you never do any damage at all.

Currently im trying all of the warlocks specs, and Destro is by FAAAAARRRR the easiest and strongest to play.

Destro has the best and easiest shard generation, best damage and burst, 2 schools of magic. No need to cast anything in order to burst. Instant infernal with a AOE stun that passively generates shards. Geee, why play demo or affly?

Look at the warlock from 60 to 120, what did we gain?

Mobility? no
Defenses? no
more CC? no, lol in fact we got less than in classic

for 60 more levels, lock got NOTHING

While other classes, got stuns,heals, mobility.

Mages got healing, rogues got healing, warriors got healing.

Warlock simply does not fit current wow play style at all, ever class is mobile and fast to play, current warlock feels similar or even worse than what it was in classic

Fix the damn class already, being a sitting duck with poop damage and no defensive moves or mobility is getting OLD and BORING.

2 Likes

I agree with you! Warlock’s playstyle is imo outdated. In a game that modernised a little, where every other class is fast paced and the gameplay is dynamic, warlock feels slow and old school. Which wouldn’t be too much of a problem if, at least, they had strong damage output. But they don’t even have that to compensate.
I wonder if blizz even realise how POWERFULL mobility and utitlities are in their own game. Feels like they keep “balancing” over damage on dummy while immobile classes should updamage those who have mobility and/or utility in terms of group content.
REwork and modernisation needed yesterday!!!

1 Like

the good old days when being immobile paid off hard once you got a lot of demonic fury and finally got to enter meta to do lots of damage and jump around spamming touch of chaos and chaos waves :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: garbage trash piece of **** game

5 Likes

In my opinion, demonology needs to go back to the days of cata/mop.

I can appreciate that not every class needs to be super mobile. But just look at our kit today vs our kit in past expansions.

We’ve lost instant hand of gul’dan, we’ve lost shadowflame (also a melee range instant 70% slow), we’ve lost fel flame, we’ve lost instant incinerate (through backlash), lost all the mobility and survivability that meta form granted us.

Demonology needs some of this back. It needs to step away from putting all the damage into tyrant and start giving the spec competitive damage outside of cooldowns.

I’m not asking for the class to be overtuned 100% of the time. But don’t make our dps spike by 500% during tyrant. How is that fair?

Even if I get a 12 imp tyrant out and it slams people for 150k a tick, that doesn’t feel good for me or them. It’s a stupid playstyle that’s way overtuned. If I win that game, you can bet your life savings they won’t let that happen again. It’s so easy to counter too, cc that tyrant boi and ggs.

The current demonology azerite traits don’t even allow us to branch out and try different playstyles. They lock you into the tyrant playstyle, because the rest of them are sh*t!

I’ve tried playing with the pleasure through pain talent choice but it completely removes our cc, our mortal strike and there’s nearly 0 azerite traits that can accompany it!

I want the class to change:

Soul Strike & Doom need to be baseline.
Have an ability that costs 5 soul shards. It would be great if this was an interrupt & empowered the next pet ability. Maybe the next soul strike, or the next felhounds or something… Maybe summon 5 imps… just something other than the current status quo.

Bring shadow flame back with the 70% melee range slow. We need it, the dot damage is nice too.

2 Likes

tyrant doesnt default to consuming imps, thats a talent choice people are making

If demonology has to stay as puppeteer class, then it need drastic spec design changes and serious rework of C++ code that was used to fuel demonology abilities.

First, demonology need…no demands more control over his/her demons. Right now, we - demonology warlocks - is the most pet focused spec in the game, have least effective tools to control our demons.
Just look at these two clips

1. Is how our demons respond on our commands, and what takes to force them to change their target.
  1. Is how easily Death knight control all his/her ghouls.

DKs have better controls over their minions while they are not so focused on the pet side of their gameplay.

There is another thing. Look at this monk spell.

We are interested in the last part of a spell description…

While active, casting Storm, Earth, and Fire again will cause the spirits to fixate on your target.

So monks have the best tool to control their minions, while our Tyrant, Dreadstalkers, Wild Imps, Vilefiends, Demons from Grimoire of Service, and demons from Nether portal and inner demons talents do not have such mechanic.

Blizzard what the fel is going on?
Is this that hard, to put 3 lines of code, into these spells?

4 Likes

Blizzard clearly stated that they do not want us to play Demo.

Proof : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4u6gn1r4U