Body 1 and body 2

I would argue that all of the above would still exist. People will still be born feeling that they are not in the right body even if they don’t know that another body type exists.

4 Likes

This argument is made from the position of knowing that the opposite gender exists.

In the scenario I gave, whatever it is that person is feeling would be completely normal, there are men that have feminine tendencies and there are women that have masculine tendencies, this doesn’t make them any less of a man or woman.

2 Likes

No, it’s not. It is made from the point of knowing that something doesn’t fit.

You don’t need to know that there is another gender out there to not feel right in your own gender. To not feel like you fit the ‘normal’ that society has decreed for you.

3 Likes

This idea that men that have feminine tendencies and women that have masculine tendencies, make them less of a man or woman is ridiculous to me.

Women that have masculine tendencies, I’m sure that they feel like they don’t fit in but this doesn’t change the fact that they are female.

2 Likes

No one is saying that men who have feminine tendencies are less men nor that women who have male tendencies are any less women.

Like a lot of things there is a spectrum at play here. Some are like the above but there are also those who feel so strongly that they are in the wrong body and want to change that fact, which thanks to modern surgical techniques and medicines, is more and more possible to do.

What one is born no longer defines what one is.

4 Likes

So those that are 45% sure, we’re not going to take them seriously; only those that are 65% or higher should be taken seriously?

Is this the argument that you’re making?

It’s not my argument to make. Where/if the line is drawn is best left up to those who know or are affected by the issue. Not a mere Joe Blogs on a videogame forum.

The point stands that gender dysmorphia would exist even if there was no visible ‘other’ gender, as people would still feel like they didn’t belong in the body that they’re born with nor with the constraints imposed on the behaviours of people inhabiting those bodies as deemed correct by society.

3 Likes

The reason you are trying to divorce yourself from what YOU just said is that it will lead us further down this rabbit hole, where things stop making sense.

So instead, you revert back to your generic talking point, because the second logic or reason is applied to it; it falls apart.

I am not trying to divorce myself from anything. I have never stated where the line should be drawn just that there is a scale in these matters as there is in all things. I am not sure what doesn’t make sense to you though.

You have yet to apply any logic or reason to it, just shift the goalposts every time you reply.

2 Likes

You didn’t?: I have the receipts.

In percentages, how would you define STRONGLY?: to me 65% and above.

Someone, that says but doesn’t strongly believe, shouldn’t be taken seriously, right?: or are you saying that they should?

I don’t define strongly, I simply state that some people strongly feel that they are in the wrong body and that surgical and medical procedures are now available for them to do something about it.

There are known people throughout history who didn’t allow the body they were born into to define what they were as people. This isn’t something new but thanks to changes in public perception is something that is a lot easier for those people nowadays.

These are your words not mine.

However back to the original point of yours that I addressed. Gender dysmorphia would still exist even in the absence of another known gender. So all four of your original ailments in your ‘thought experiment’ would still exist in that scenario.

With that last point I am now out as I have things to do and I have finished my cup of tea. Enjoy your Sunday whatever you have planned for it.

2 Likes

You seem to be so accepting of those that feel STRONGLY having these procedures done to them.

But with those that are 45% sure, you immediately want to remove yourself from being in favor of or against it.

So that is your line.

Now if you would be so kind as to give me a percentage as to what you think strongly is?

As I said, apply logic or reason and it all falls apart.

Stick to those generic talking points.

Sorry Mods, I’ll behave :bowing_man:

You keep mentioning these words but when are you planning on bringing any logic or reason to the argument?

You’re currently obsessed by the line so I assume that you now admit that gender dysmorphia is an actual things, so at least we have that.

Where do you think this imaginary line needs to be drawn?

2 Likes

What decides whats Masculine and Feminine in 2022?

1 Like

This isn’t a democracy. Blizzard provides a product and service. You’re free to buy the product and pay for the service. If you don’t like it, you can of course voice your opinion, but that doesn’t mean Blizzard will change it.

6 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Unethical as hell but it kind of proves it’s a thing.

I see no issue with naming them body 1 and body 2 :man_shrugging: Why would there be issue? It’s still descriptive.

3 Likes

I don’t like every woke culture change in the game, but bodytype change is one of the minor changes in the game and personally I am OK with that. In Classic, they are named body type 1 and body type 2 (#NoChange) but in retail the tooltip still says Male and Female and the icons are, well, male and female symbols.

If they are going to add body types in Dragon isles (or flight?), I hope that is an indication they will add more body types. Perhaps also different voice options too.

2 Likes

You mean I have a ‘not so unique ability’ to see through your attempts to discredit an actual recognised condition.

I will never understand those who have an issue with trans/non binary people or the huge spectrum that comes with gender dysphoria. Much like the change in the game to two icons, it makes no difference to me that other people identify as a different gender or no gender at al.

10 Likes