Boost runs is destroying the game

If you can’t support your opinion with some objective data how did you form it?

1 Like

Like the majority of his posts, he pulled it out of his butt.

The problem you have OP, is that you can’t dictate the way that people play. If somebody wants to level 2-3 alts, chances are that they’re going to get tired of the same quest route and will seek a faster way; either paying a random mage to boost them or asking a friend.

1 Like

Well, they’re finally understanding why Blizzard made some of their more polarising decisions. Even things like Dungeon Finder weren’t added for bad reasons, it’s just that Blizzard kinda overdid it with when it comes to streamlining and casualising the game (eg Dungeon Finder could’ve just been matchmaking, no teleport; LFG could’ve been just matchmaking, not a difficulty; questing didn’t have to be A, B, C in every zone, they could’ve mixed things up more like BC did)

There’s no objectivity to it. I don’t like boosts because I feel like it degrades the content I enjoy. There are no facts or figures to that. One day you’ll grow up and accept that not everything is a statistic. It’s a game, and we find some parts fun and some parts not fun. Boosts are a part I find not fun. Sorry you’re wrong by disagreeing.

It doesn’t affect you. And you’ve never explained what content you enjoy and how boost affect it.

Here is a solution, don’t get boosts. Problem solved. You never established you were right about anything or even the thing you are arguing. You couldn’t be bothered to explain you opinion at all. There is no way anyone can try to understand your point of view if you can’t explain it and snark is not a convincing argument.

No one asked for statistics or hyperbole. What was the point in your post? Are you trying to convince someone your ideas have enough merit to affect change or are you just complaining because you don’t like opinions that aren’t yours?

1 Like

I’m not here to convince anybody of anything. Why do you think I haven’t tried. I think boosts are stupid and the people who take them are stupid. You’re fine to disagree, but don’t pretend like you have any more of a compelling “argument” than I do.

4 Likes

So then what was the purpose of your post? Complaining?

So you were just complaining about how others play the game. My solution to your problem was not to get boosted or worry about how others play the game.

Expressing my thoughts. I don’t “worry about how others play the game”. I just think the way they play it is dumb. Like the kiddies who used cheats to play Pokemon. I don’t care: but they’re still idiots.

1 Like

go away, OP.

There is no such thing, snowflake. It is your opinion only and as usual in the grand scheme: opinions do not matter and aren’t worth dogsht.

You may form them, you may hold them. But you should never expect other people to agree with you. People form opinions using actual knowledge, facts, logic. Analysis of availabe information and critical thinking. Because actual facts matter. Because you can’t go against the reality. You may try, but you’ll always lose. Using feelings and emotions to form opinions is childish at best.

Lol I’m the snowflake but you’re getting angry because somebody disagreed with you on the internet? I said multiple times. I don’t care if people agree. I’m not trying to convince anyone. If you’re so offended by me having an opinion you disagree with that you’re willing to send an angry response, maybe reconsider who the snowflake is.

4 Likes

You’re projecting. Those are some basic facts.

If this were true, you wouldn’t even reply to me.

I don’t care. You should enjoy the game the way you want. But with your friends, who share your views on enjoyable gameplay. And not try to force other people to change the way they’re playing.

It isn’t about how you’re playing or what you enjoy or even your opinions. It is about you trying to tell other people what is right and wrong. Nope, won’t fly. Reality won’t bend just because we want it to.

King of missing the point aren’t you. I’m on a forum agreeing with my main post. I’m not here to reason with people (least of all people who don’t come here to be convinced in the first place, like you) because I really don’t need to. It’s as simple as that. Upsetting idiots like you just makes it more fun - because it takes 0 effort from me :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Its clear now that players dont want the leveling journey so blizzard should just implement a instant boost at this point. Players are already paying gold to skip the leveling.

Locked servers is whats killing low level experience atm, the reason low level areas/dungeons are barren, I think Boosting does play a part in the lack of groups but its not the sole reason.

2 Likes

Instant boosts are honestly the worst idea. The game suffers enough from people getting to 60 and barely having any idea how to play - and now in retail 50% of the players I come across don’t know how to repair their armour, don’t know how to move abilities from the action bar, and don’t know what half of their skills do. Tougher levelling is without a doubt better for the game, and an unfortunate side effect of that is that it takes longer for experienced players to level alts. However, I’d rather have to spend 5-6 days /played to level a new character than deal with the situation we’re seeing in retail now.

2 Likes

Well im with you there. BUT the problem is if the boosting keeps going on the playerbase is sending a strong massage that they dont want to do the leveling. They are just looking for all the ways they can to shorten it. Blizzard is gonna se this and there is a Good chance they Will want to make money on it. I Think atleast we can expect instant 58 in the shop for tbc if this goes on. Im leveling alts now with just quest and im fine with it.

If my choices are between boosting and letting people buy levels for irl money, I’ll take boosting. At least players who boost presumably already have a significant source of gold, so aren’t completely new to the game. If “buy a boost” becomes a thing (and I really hope it doesn’t), I’d at least expect a requirement to be to have a certain number of maximum level characters anyway.

1 Like

I’m a geared mage main and I made 10k+ gold from selling boosts so far.

And I geniunely think and admit that boosting is completely broken, unfair and hazardous for classic wow.

And what is more disgusting now is that the class I play because I love it has become a boosting class that every Andy, Johny, Paul, Vladimir and all their grandmothers play as an alt.

It’s disgusting and they should change mob pathing and exp amounts in dungeons to fix this problem.

9 Likes

I keep repeating this at every chance. Blizzard must fix the game’s pathing. Right now it is a shameful mess.

Half of the mobs in the game can be bugged/abused by using terrain.

It is embarrassing, but most importantly is not a faithful recreation of how things were in the original game.

Everybody who played the game back then knows that there was no way to reset mobs and drop combat inside dungeons, for example.