Boost spammers flooding trade chat

I don’t mind a simple line in trade, but when it’s a block of text they can feck right off.

The issue falls down to like 5-10 people (bots) all spamming the same service consecutively 24/7. And often these “services” are chancers piggybacking on pugs unaware they’re being used by the RL profiting off them.

I have never seen anyone saying something like “selling zin’anthid for 35g each” even before I blocked the word. They all use WTS. In my experience only the boosters use “selling” as in “selling nzoth heroic” etc.

Sad story.

Incorrect. There is just a lot of people advertising for the big communities and they are obviously going to make level 1 or allied races to sell the runs. Trade chat is disabled on accounts without subscription.

I’m more inclined to shake my head at the people who spend 400k gold just to get a title and a mount…

Someone wants to fleece the stupid and desperate. more power to them.

I report them for language or spam everytime. But why should I.

They really are the scourge of this game . Up there with bots and hackers. need shot

I left the trade channel and happy about the decision.

Sometimes, you may miss good deals. However, in my opinion leaving trade channel is away better than having that stupid spam 24x7.

Many boosting services have more than one booster promoting their services. It is not unusual to see more than one person promoting the same boosting community especially on busy servers.

Boosting communities will sell on all sorts of realms that they are not actually based on so in order to advertise they will often do that on low level characters.

Personally I can’t imagine anything more boring that spamming trade and general at regular intervals with the same info over and over waiting for people to respond so they can sell spots. Whether it’s spamming a macro or some addon that will do it for you. It’s got to be fairly dull.

The battle against the boosters can be only won when the community works together. I think we should start a badboy topic with on-going keywords so they will have never a chance ruining the chats ever again.

It wasn’t that bad when I started to play in the Pre-Legion patch but nowadays you can’t read anything on Draenor-EU, it’s just dreadful.

Boosters are usually middlemen for Chinese farmers and get their faire share of the revenue (gold) when they promote someone successfully. This is why so many are doing it these days.

Seems to me there has to be made some kind of change today? I’ve seen 2 boosts in the timeframe where I’d have seen 30 or something. Also I can keep talking in trade chat without hitting the max chat limit. Weird but awesome?

Oh, you’re the one. I was the one who listed for you guys my filterlist just before. No, there is still a chat limit.

haha oh hey dude. Alright haven’t hit the chat limit myself, but it’s awesome whatever’s changed :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to leave Draenor asap when the next transfer sale becomes available :stuck_out_tongue: … moving with my remaining Horde-charas to AD. The server has absolutely no community.

Can’t really argue against that aye

This is not my experience, although there are undoubtebly those auto reply go to this website adverts out there.

The bulk of ads on Draenor are for legitimate gold boosting organisations, the boost sellers have to apply to the organisations to be accepted to advertise and ofc they get some cut in return for any bookings they make.

I didn’t know it was possible to use badboy for blocking specific words. I mean I know and use the badboy addon and it has helped me for when people post the same message in a row several times, but I didn’t know you could also make it block messages with specific words in it. So i’m gonna do that now.

And again, my issue isn’t that they are selling boosts, that’s fine with me. My issue however is that the same 5 groups/guilds/communities or whatever keep spamming trade chat with several different alts all the time. I block one of them, and up pops another one. I mean sometimes I could SWEAR i’m blocking the same person 2 or 4 times. It’s so obnoxious. I’d be happy if blizzard made a specific trade channel just for boosts or something, so “normal” trade chat can actually be used for trade.

1 Like

Well false alarm. I guess all the boosters weren’t up yet when I was on earlier

Very 2006.

The Blizz token really shut most, if not all, of this down.

Seems that a clicker is salty.

Angry becouse you fail even +2 while other people boost 10 or 15 and can buy sub time with gold?

It technically is an abusive loophole which cannot be moderated and does allow them trashing the trade chat. Because of that the whole “community” behind this is gone… expect for the RP-servers.

Can be, but for me is that people are just jealous of players better than them.