Bring the nerfhammer to MT again(a history lesson)

Then you’re just trading GCDs with it and it hits like a truck without the buff because their base damage is higher. They nerfed the buff for some stupid reason instead of addressing the base damage.

This. It is a dps race. Kill it faster than it can kill you.

Quick take, bfa flasks (greater ones) give 50% more stats than current ones. Boralus blood sausage gives 12 stats where a current feast is 7. Potion of unbridled fury is also broken strong and if you have a lot you can prepot one outside the instance and get 20 sec out of it. Cyclotronic blast (mech trink) also broken stong.

1 Like

Eventually it will die if you keep it locked long enough ^.^

You can’t keep it locked.

Can you provide gameplay footage of yourself doing the challenge?

No, because I’m not going in there again until they fix the base damage. If they never fix it, I’ll never go in there.

You can go in and experience it for yourself if you want to.

A huge proportion of the playerbase got to take part and succeed when the players could essentially outgear it. I do worry that this just wont be possible with this new incarnation.

They can’t recreate the conditions we had back then, everything is different. Scaling will never do the same job. There is no way for the average player to get to do this like they could back then because there is no outgearing it in higher gear.

1 Like

The problem is that there is a wide range of player capabilities from Boomers with slowing fingers and waning eyesight running a 12 year old laptop to Gen Z amped up on energy drinks with 1 year old gaming rig. Not to mention OP classes in Mythic raid gear against lesser performing classes in Korthia rank 4 gear (about as high as some casuals will get).
How do you balance difficulty that the top performing group finds a reasonable challenge without it being impossible for those further down the pecking order?

You either set it to highly difficult but allow it to be outgeared so the casuals can do it eventually. Some might achieve it later the same expansion some might need to wait to the following expansion.
Or you set the difficulty low and leave the better (for want of another word) players feeling dissatisfied.

Also this is going to be an ongoing event for years but the rewards are a one off thing, so in five years how many folk will still be running it as content? Either you’ve got the capabilities (skill, gear, rig) to do it and you’ll do it in a few TW events or it’s beyond you and you give up in a few TW events.

Or you give up right away and dont do it as me.

1 Like

My stubborness prevents me to give up :sweat_smile: I had the idea to do it with all the healer classes, but i can not even do it with my main spec :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, right there with you. I never even tried it once, not even in Legion. I don’t even know how you get into it, presumably speak with someone on Broken Shore but meh…

Had they kept it in the game and I could go run it with my Warfront gear in BFA then maybe.

EDIT: Can you call it giving up if you’ve never even tried it??

I mean, it’s not impossible that when it rotates back in April/May next year, it will have been adjusted down. Give the top 10% the satisfaction of beating it on hard mode and wearing the mogs for a few months, then let the other 90% have a shot.

But Blizzard haven’t dropped any hints of this, and with it as it stands, there’s no reason to believe it will be easier in 9.2. Gear gets scaled down, so there’s no sense that we can power creep our way to an easier time.

To my mind, the MT needs one of two things:

1. Permanence and template gear. It never changes, but it’s there forever. Practise for months if you need to.
  2. Some way to power creep between its appearances. Scale the tower up to endgame instead of players down to it, and allow current gear and borrowed power to be used. If it’s hard for us at ilvl 246, maybe it won’t be at 266 in 9.2.
1 Like

I think I said, quite literally in the line after the one you quoted, that the mage tower is too difficult. And the answer to that question is you don’t, it’s fine to have things in this game that are hard and some people ultimately won’t be able to achieve.

However, the mage tower built up a legacy in its final few months during legion as something that most people can accomplish if driven and with a little practice. Living up to that legacy is more important, and right now it doesn’t.

I want hard (For me) solo content in the game, but it shouldn’t have been the mage tower.

Imgur
Was I right?

That first quote is about holy priest, not guardian - more specifically, the mages in the priest challenge. Haven’t been inside the priest challenge since I took screenshots to show just how absurd their damage is. I beat the guardian one.

I’m no huge fan of Onori but he said that about the holy priest challenge, don’t twist peoples words to make a point.

Uhm

Whos rushing you to do magetower? if you cant make it this time it will still be back in the future …?

Combat against Timewalking - Thwarting the Twins (Unknown (Stage 5) (0/2 Bosses Defeated)) ended after 3 minutes and 18.25 seconds. You have 62 total wipe(s) on this difficulty.

The madness continues, until…

My sub finishes in 2 weeks, then I’m gone forever if they haven’t made any MEANINGFUL changes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.