Brokentooth worth it?

Hello,

Just wondering if Brokentooth is worth camping for from a strictly PVE point of view?

I know the 1.0 speed is great for PvP against casters, but I don’t plan on PvPing.

I am looking at picking up King Bangalash once I hit 43 instead.

Any advice here please? TIA :slight_smile:

Brokentooth is the BIS pet for hunters, its like thunderfury for tanks and ateish for casters but if you cant get it no worries, grab you a pig, its good for pvp.

Well you’d probably be higher dps than a hunter without it, if all else is equal. It’s low survivability in raids though.

Is maybe worth it. Not for those that spend hundreds of hours looking but for those that spend around 10-15 for sure

You want a pet with slow attack speed. Cat is best for personal DPS but wolf (with how) is likely far more beneficial in group activities. The advantage a slow speed has is the initial hit doing double damage.

That’s interesting, I’ve not heard of that before.

This question is mainly aimed at levelling etc as I will switch up once raiding for the benefit of the group.

Wait, does the first pet attack in each combat deal double damage? I’ve never played hunter before.

Slow pets have a speed of 2.0s, twice that of broken tooth. The damage formula is AP/14*Speed, and all pet abilities have static damage and they can’t get any bonus attacks, so this has no effect on damage other than the first initial hit at 0s is doublef or the slow one. In a long fight this would not matter much at all but raids are mostly short periods of trash followed by short breaks running to next pack and so on. Boss fights at this point are likely going to be less than a minute per boss, 10-15s for a decent guild.

2 Likes

That’s not true. The only reason wolves are chosen over cats at all is because of Furious Howl and not every hunter will need that.

1 Like

This player thinks it is. :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

I think I may take walks into his area when I can and see if I can pick him up, but I’m not gonna camp for hours :smiley:

Thats what I would do, it’s survivability in dungeons isnt too bad and it will be useful for casters in PvE.

Raids though, most bosses will kill it.

Broken tooth has no dps advantage in pve. Do not camp it unless you intend to use it in pvp.

1 Like

Stop lying to yourself because you dont want to camp it

1 Like

broken tooth is a nice bonus but it will not make or break you.

In regards to raids then what is best to use if I’m not the one required for Furious Howl?
As I assume I should be thinking of what to level up when getting close to 60.

Faster attack speed is no dps advantage. It will do the same dps as any other cat(less even due to the lower dmg from initial swing), the advantage broken tooth has is the spell push back. The pets you want for dps are: Furious howl wolf for any sort of 5 man stuff, any cat including broken tooth, or the wind serpent rare from feralas.

1 Like

2.0 speed crit is still an extra 50% damage.
1.4 speed crit is still 50% extra damage

300% is more than 250%

Edit: and yes, the wind serpent is ideal because it shouldnt die in a raid

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.