BUG: Recraft recipe difficulty after patch 10.0.5

Update: The bug is not an isolated instance.

I can now confirm that this bug always occur when recrafting/upgrading an item that was crafted with Primal Infusion, then replacing the Primal Infusion with a Concentrated Primal Infusion. I also affect other replacements like missives, embellishments, and gears and safety reagents in engineering crafts. It seems that the game now includes the extra difficulties of both the Primal Infusion (which is being removed) and the Concentrated Primal Infusion. This results in extra 30 difficulty.

I made another bug report to add this detail in the bug reporting system.

End of Update

I was trying to recraft a dagger for a rogue today on my Blacksmith

As you see in the screenshot, the recipe difficulty is 420. The base recipe difficulty is 300.
Conc. Primal infusion adds 50
Rank 3 missive adds 15
Alchemical Pocket adds 25.

That’s a total of 390 and not 420. I encountered the exact same bug when I was trying to make a Flaring Cowl on my Leatherworker.

The extra 30 difficulty caused me to be unable to craft the dagger at the requested quality or be able to proc 418 item level with inspiration.

I crafted multiple 418 daggers before on my blacksmith. So not being able to craft them anymore is new. Blizzard can you please look at this and fix?

8 Likes

To further elaborate on this. I believe this occurs when recrafting an item crafted with Primal infusion and changing it to Conc. Primal infusion. It seems to add the difficulty of the old Primal infusion in the difficulty of the new crafted item.

2 Likes

I have the same issue and noticed it right after I wanted to craft Primal Infusion items in 10.0.5. Made my own topic on it too before I saw yours, let’s hope it gets fixed asap. :slightly_smiling_face:

You need to make an ingame bug report. We don’t have a bug report forum in EU, just the ingame report (Esc, Support, don’t click anything except the big button in the image, enter details. You don’t need to add screen-shots, just a simple description of exactly what is happening.) The more bug reports they get about the same thing, the more they’ll realise they need to do something.

I already did make an in game bug report before I created this thread.

Then I made another in game bug report about the bug report page itself because it is ridiculous. They tell me to mention all details and steps, mention character names and realms, while also avoid using abbreviations, but then limit my bug report to only 500 characters. So naturally I had to omit details and use abbreviations. Also why can’t I add screenshots?

3 Likes

They shouldn’t need screenshots if you give accurate info as to where, when and to which character it happened as they should be able to find it in the logs.
Something that’s been advised in the CS forum in the past if something really is too complicated for 500 characters is to link a post you’ve made about it in the forum in the bug report.
But, basically, the shorter and clearer the better, as they must have thousands of reports to deal with.

You see how contradictory is this? Give accurate info as to where, when, which, etc, then having to write that in 500 chars.

And why create a bug tracking system where you have to link to a forum or to any external service.

Yes, they must be receiving thousands of reports, but many should be duplicates of the same bug. The system doesn’t allow me to search bugs reported by other players and marking it with “I am affected with this bug too”.

Or they can have an bug report forum in EU too.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing earlier while recrafting a couple of my engineering profession items, before adding mats I had 375 skill, after adding them I was at 330 for some reason.

Update: The bug is not an isolated instance.

I can now confirm that this bug always occur when recrafting/upgrading an item that was crafted with Primal Infusion, then replacing the Primal Infusion with a Concentrated Primal Infusion. It seems that the game now includes the extra difficulties of both the Primal Infusion (which is being removed) and the Concentrated Primal Infusion. This results in extra 30 difficulty.

I made another bug report to add this detail in the bug reporting system.

1 Like

Yes, I have had this bug as well.

But when you actually craft the item it is Crafted as it should be crafted. It’s just a visual/UI bug. But you might need to reduce the quality of the order for it to allow you to craft. But the resulting item will come out as intended.

Yeah, I found that out. It adds a headache of having to explain the bug to the person I craft for that. The system is already not clearly understood my many players (and I don’t blame them, it took me a while to understand it myself). Having to explain the min quality reagent, proc chance, min guaranteed quality is sometimes a pain. Some players still get it wrong by requesting wrong quality or putting wrong mat ranks even after I explain to them. So having to explain the bug on top of that is annoying.

1 Like

I know right. Like its not already complicated enough for people to understand.

Hi, figured out a couple of things regarding this bug:
First, it’s not limited to impregnations, but all optionnal reagents which have difficulty.
Secondly, this is not a bug with the actual crafting system, just the previsualisation of the interface.
(I managed to hit a R5 which would have been impossible if this bug actually occured in the crafting process)
My guess is, the previsualisation of the difficulty of the recipe doesn’t remove the difficulty of reagents replaced.
but as it stands it provides a annoyance to private crafting orders, as the “fantom difficulty” can downgrade a garanted R4 to a R3, making minimal requirement set by clients lock the order from being completed.
As for in the meantime: I offer to suspicious clients a free recraft to clear the optionnal reagents

I’ve had to cancel 4 craftings orders today because of this deceptive interface, when I have no mats or only one of them it tells me in the recraft preview I’m good to go for R4 or R5 guaranteed for most equipement recipes but once I receive R3 mats in a crafting order I’m suddenly losing skill point instead of gaining compared to the preview in the interface.

I’m maxed in all nodes that give engineering skill points to all recipes, maxed in equipement recipes, blue profession equipement and still I can’t do some 395 recrafts or 425 recipes with R3 mats without using the inspiration proc, even with R2 mats which I used before 10.0.5 to recraft some of my own gear I had no issues, now I need a mix or r3 and r2 even for recrafts.

I’ve been unable to upgrade a mail chest and a ring to 418 because of this bug for over 5 days, not a single crafter I sent an order to was able to complete it because it still adds +30 difficulty from nowhere so they are unable to do even R5 with proc or R4 guaranteed.

It’s very fun to waste hours to find crafters just to realize none of them can upgrade my items.

Edit: Another jewelcrafter unable to recraft my ring, he couldn’t even guarantee R4 and he thought I used r1/2 mats to craft it before which I didn’t, there’s just 30 extra difficulty for no reason

1 Like

Can confirm this. The bug also occurs with embellishment and missive (even when removing embellishment), but it is (as far as I can tell) an UI bug - I was able to do a R5 recraft while the UI was showing R3 guaranteed with inspired R4.

Can also confirm, after being fed up of waiting to find someone to craft my mail chest in R5 I gave up and told someone to try to craft it R3 and see what happens, got R4 without proc so the UI was completely off.

Yes, I can confirm that it affects missive replacements and embellishment replacements as well. The difficulty of the removed item is factored in the UI only. The server crafts with the correct difficulty.

Bug still present after the reset.

I can confirm I have now also received this bug and wasnt sure what was happening so I have had to cancel the order!

Very frustrating!