Bunny Ear Transmogs Year-Round?

i’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy the events, i enjoy them too but ignoring its ties to religion is just interesting, there’s nothing wrong with celebrating a religious holiday either. all i say is the event happens because of easter and it’s a religious holiday why do we ignore that fact :smiley:

1 Like

And I’m going to stop my contribution to this particular train of thought here as at this point I am only repeating myself. Anyone interested in more responses from me can simply read what I have said before. I don’t want to spend my time talking in circles.

1 Like

:100:

The transmog freedom in FF is lovely. I don’t understand the transmog restrictions in wow, among other restrictions.

But that’s another topic for another day.

4 Likes

The Easter bunny and Easter eggs originated as pagan symbols of spring and rebirth . Over the centuries, these ancient symbols became associated with the Christian holiday of Easter such that the two traditions have merged together to become what some celebrate today.

a quick google search gave me this answer so yeah, today bunnies in this particular event represent this and there’s nothing wrong with it

As I said before. If FF14 is better at Transmog. Then let it become the best at Transmog.

But let WoW be the best as what it does.

The wonderful thing about having different games, is that they are all different and they have their strengths in different places.

I am aware of this and find nothing wrong with it. I just dislike the idea that people place ownership on things that are not actually owned. No one owns rabbit ears.

I’d like players to be able to enjoy any of their mog pieces at any time of the year and this is not too much to ask.

4 Likes

and the Lunar Festival is still the Chinese New year, right?
I can use all the festive suits and the flower crowns from it.

2 Likes

Yes, but Chinese New Year is a secular holiday. Meaning it’s not attached to a religion. Just like the Georgian New Year (outside of name).

this thing is owned tho the whole bunny concept is owned by the holiday today. bunny ear costume doesn’t represent christianity and that’s obvious but it’s still coming from easter event.
i’d also love to have multiple spring themed holidays being celebrated at the same time , it would end these type of arguements .
i still think they should give recolors of event items as permanent tmog options.

the first thing that google says when I look the Chinese new year is:
“It is a largely secular holiday but includes cultural rituals that derive from Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism, as well as from ancient myths and folk traditions”

Something tells me that it is only a “problem” when something is derived from European culture and beliefs.

Edit: I am going to bed, catch on you in the morning

2 Likes

you’re talking about multiple cultres here not just one belief.

1 Like

A huge amount of people associate bunny ears with a magazine aimed at men significantly more than Easter.

And well that magazine is not religious at all. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from it.

1 Like

Well we are the Evil in the modern world.

But even so, Easter isn’t a secular holiday that includes cultural rituals. It’s a Christian Holiday through and through.

Whilst Chinese new year is celebrated across the world as a secular event. Ofcourse it has some origins. But everything part of society stems from a religious origin, even if if doesn’t seem like it in the modern world.

So you’re advocating we wear Fruit Bowls on our heads then? Is that what you want?

Good night, but please don’t I can’t be wasting another day keyboard raging on these forums :wink:

edit that’s not a shot at being rude btw :slight_smile:

also that magazine is far from being relevant in 2023

1 Like

I’m not sure why this had to turn into a religious debate.

They’re just bunny ears and more mogs is always good.

1 Like

No, but the Bunny Ears come from Nobble Garden, which takes it’s inspiration from a religious celebration.

What you have posted gets its inspiration from an Adult Magazine. And should be replaced by a fruit bowl.

You really are the anti fun police :rofl:

That’s not from an adult magazine but it is a common bunny girl outfit. Nothing to do with Easter

4 Likes

I didn’t say it was “from” I said it was Inspired by an Adult Magazine. The common Bunny girl outfit comes from the Adult Magazine.

See how far Americanism has infiltrated our culture, to normalise adult imagery to make it a “common” desire to dress as a Bunny Girl. The icon of an adult magazine.

But then I suppose hanging up Stockings at Christmas is because St Nicholas used to leave money in his comfort ladies stockings after he had received their services.

Still, the NobleGarden Bunny Years are a from an Easter Event.

Putting bunny ears else wear in the game with no attachment to Easter wouldn’t be a problem.

However, I still don’t think we need that kind of tac in this game.