Bunny Ear Transmogs Year-Round?

Oh I thought I was, but I obviously deleted it.

Compare Father Christmas to Greatfather Winter.

Father christmas is also not fully christian. It is also different versions of his role in different countries. He is the result of a merger by multiple cultures, though Santa Claus as a person comes from a christian figure. What he does however, is based on other cultural traditions that were not necessarily christian. In my home country we have “nissen/nisser” which is what we base our santa on. My bf however, is dutch, and they use Sinterklaas, which is also very different behaviour wise from the american one, or the scandinavian one. Sinterklaas however does relate to St. Nikolaus, which the norwegian ones doesn’t originally.

The christmas tree and presents is also not a christian thing, but was adopted by christianity as far as I know.

But yeah, I am no expert. All I know is that it’s often a mix, and not all pure religion.

Whilst I appreciate there may be other similar figures in other Cultures.

Father Christmas as we know and see him today is Coca Colas representation of St. Nicholas.

I’m not deny that it has taken inspiration from other cultures to help it to infiltrate more easily into them.

Well, perhaps not coca cola? (actually, I don’t know how long cola used a santa), but deffo the american version of St. Nicolaus yes. That I agree on.

well Santa was depicted in Green before. Coca Cola branded him Red.

That must be decades ago? I missed that. But yeah, the dutch one looks very different. Norwegian ones too.

1 Like

As old as Coca Cola I think. Well before my time.

But that shows how Americanism has spread so seamlessly into peoples lives across the world. It’s no secret how deeply US ties itself to Christanity, it puts “In God we trust” on all of it’s money.

I’m just pointing out that the message being portrayed, isn’t always the message on that’s so obviously on the surface.

Totally.
The Rabbits and Eggs are fertility symbols from pagan times. Most cultures have a Spring festive of rebirth / fertility around the vernal equinox as flowers and trees start to bloom.
We’ve even kept the pagan goddess’ name Eostre.

3 Likes

Let me be this fab all year round!

5 Likes

Got my bunny ears on. Very fetching :rabbit:

4 Likes

I loved Sinterklaas as a child. And it was great as a child because we had Sinterklaas in NL then went to England to see family and we’d have Santa Clause too.

Though these days Zwarte Piet is somewhat controversial but back when I was a child it was just the norm.

When we lived in DK it was Nisse

I love all the cultural differences.

2 Likes

The event itself is what makes it special, not what you wear.

The part of collecting eggs, being turned into a rabbit, collecting rewards is all special.

But what’s the point of collecting bunny ears reward when it’s not transmoggable. It’s like collecting rewards for flower crowns or lunar dresses and finding out it’s not transmogable, luckily they changed that.

Funny enough, I used the Lunar dresses as a Ramadan dress (just for fun). Look at how fabulous my Druid looks

1 Like

Look at that big cross on his hat. lol.

Oh and he’s dressed in Red.

So another religious influence.

And we even use the term in English as Yule or Yuletide.
Most cultures also have a mid-winter festival or feast. These season based festivals happen all around the world with different names but sometimes have similarities.
There is a Mid Summer Solstice, An Autumn Harvest Thanksgiving a Mid Winter feast and a Spring rebirth fertility festival.
These were probably celebrated 10,000 years ago also.

3 Likes

Love the colour

2 Likes

More of a Nature influence. These Spring time festivals happen in a lot of cultures when the flowers and trees start to bloom, rabbits (although more likely Hares) hop around the fields and farmers get ready to plant their crops.

2 Likes

I thought this was worth showing off too.

Your character looks like he’s ready to kill someone

4 Likes

And look cute as hell while doing it!

2 Likes

Whether you worship any invisible man in the sky, or Blackbird Sitting on your garden fence. It’s still a religious symbol. Although I should probably say Cultural Symbol instead.

It’s still Westerners forcing our culture on others.

The Bunny ears are rewarded in game to celebrate Easter (Noblegarden). We don’t want to be forcing that upon people outside of the celebration.