Bunny Ear Transmogs Year-Round?

Because they’re only bunny ears?

I’d prefer it if more things were holiday specific myself (e.g. could only use Love Rocket and Headless Horseman’s mount during those holidays), but then I can still remember when the shops where I lived were closed on Easter Sunday so maybe I’m behind the times and we should just have 24/7/365 everything all the time because why not?

So you lul them into a false sense of security. Oh look this Tauren must be friendly he’s got cute bunny ears.

3 Likes

No it ain’t. Nobody is gonna look at me in the street with my ridiculous looking bunny ears flopping on my head and go “this person is probably Christian”

Then might as well delete noble garden and winter viel from the game :person_shrugging:

Again, I’m not Christian. I’m Muslim. I’m not gonna wear the bunny ears to celebrate Easter.

Nor does me collecting fictional chocolate eggs makes me celebrate Easter.

Nor does me worshiping Elune in-game for Roleplay makes me a part of the night elf religion

I have a huge headache…… and I’m fasting. So this will be my last reply

5 Likes

That depends if you got your bunny ears from an Easter event or not.

There’s no need for some much drama. That’s not what I’m saying at all.

Celebrating an festive holiday is fine, provided it’s celebrated within the correct period of time. The correct period of time is not all year around.

That’s fine, as long as you realise that the reason why those activities have been put into the game is part of a celebration of Easter.

I go out and enjoy Diwali, but that doesn’t mean I commit to those beliefs. I’m just enjoying their celebrations and supporting their right to celebrate their culture.

I’m an Atheist and I don’t see any issue with the various cultural flavours in the game. I think it’s great. Warcraft is not religious. They just make it their own.

Like I love the Middle Eastern feel of the whole Blood Elf Aesthetic. I just wish Silvermoon would get a decent upgrade. The Night Elf buildings give me a whole Far East vibe with the the roof of their buildings work. Revendreth had major vampire vibes.

7 Likes

Your horns look glorious with the bunny ears!

I’ve been having fun changing hair colour to match the ears and seeing which hairstyles work best. I adore the bunny ears. I wish I could have them all the time.

5 Likes
6 Likes

The game is an amalgamation of different cultural, religious and mythical influences.

I don’t think this is an issue at all.

2 Likes

True they also have some Classical Greek ancient ruins as well.

I remember I didn’t catch this at first, until Brigante mentioned it in a old thread.

Then I was like ohhhh now I see it.

Apart from that, I’m also a big fan of pandaria as I love East Asian culture and cherry blossom trees.

Same same. When I played FF14 I used to play the bunny boys (Viera) and I loved how the bunny ears changed colors based on your hair color.

It was my main until I took a break from the game.

2 Likes

It’s the western interpretation of those Cultures. This is what all the drama was about when Zappy Boy was written as illiterate last year in the book.

Happy Easter Puny.

But that’s the “influence” part of it. Of course it’s going to be interpreted a certain way to fit the fantasy setting of the game.

1 Like

I had a cat girl. Puny Whiskerkin :cat:

3 Likes

Sure, but now the rest of the world is catching up (and even taking over) with out technology, and the game is becoming more and more available world wide.

Would it not be better to start drawing from the actually cultures themselves, through employing and working with people from those cultures. Or should be just keep pushing the western interpretation of those culture?

Oh my, my eyes are hurting, what is that monstrosity?

5 Likes

Easter bunny chocolate :).

You are clearly a religious person. I just can’t relate. I don’t do religion but I will always support people’s right to their own religious beliefs. Equally I don’t have to agree to them ofc.

However back to the bunny ears mog, we shouldn’t have any restrictions on transmog. They’ve removed a lot of them so far and I hope they continue.

7 Likes

Playboy would have a word with you :wink:

3 Likes

I would look great on the cover of playboy, is there a opposite version? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes