Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

We’re doing ok in ZT, we have this lovely little community from everyone that’s left.
we all still raid when we can, trade with each other instead of the AH its really fun.

But another issue that has just come up, everyone’s names are taken over on HW this is just not going to be a fun experience

2 Likes

I mean, we are doing 2x ZA per week, 1x Kara and generally 1x ZG and/or Gruul in between when we feel like it.

Not to mention the Isle of Quel’Danas! This is a real server effort and we are close to unlock the badge vendor. It hurts to see this all go away… Everyone put so much energy in it.

And as you said, many already checked HW for names and they are mostly taken (mines included). So I don’t know where to go now… half of my chars will be nameless there.

5 Likes

While I’m happy that HW is staying up, I think this is bloody unfair for the people of Celebras and Zantdalari Tribe

Keep all three RP servers!

8 Likes

Is it possible to keep names according to played hours per char?
I don’t want to lose Rivenhorn over someone’s alt which is never played…

(no offense to my brothers intended)

4 Likes

I just looked, there is indeed a Rivenhorn on HW.

this!
most of the players from celebras probably won’t transfer to hydraxian waterlords because of the (already mentioned) language barriers as wells as the players from zandalar tribe won’t because of the different playstyle!

keep all three rp servers alive!

5 Likes

Hi Kaivax, thank you for listening again to the (RP) community
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

While I feel a bit better to play with our english speaking friends (thanks to Gatorin and Vallinator), i know a bunch of people who don`t and would not tranfer to an english realm.

I know, “language barrier” sounds dumb in 2022.

But please keep in mind, that the German Reunification was around 1990. That`s not THAT long ago.

A lot of my family members who are older then me NEVER learned english at school.
They learned french.
Even when i was a child, my cousins around my age first learned french, later english (Saarland… small area next to France).

Some of my german RP friends i have met, were born in Russia controlled parts of germany - and learned russian, not english.

Some later learned english, because they wanted to be able to read or listen to movies in english, but many did not and never needed english in their lives.

To roleplay needs a higher level of language skills ( i do not have :see_no_evil:)
I do not expect many german speaking RP players to move to Hydraxian Waterlords, due to this language barrier and the fear to be completely lost, not able to communicate with the other players and so on :-/

Edit: i exactly feel the same on Firemaw. I try to avoid all interactions with other players, because i probably wouldn`t understand there slang and abbreviations. :laughing:
I am only there because of a friend… and i learned english at school

5 Likes

Blizzard already mentioned, that it will work like a common char transfer. The char already on the target realm keeps the name. :-/

Can we have a date for this please?
Your initial post was already 2 weeks ago. What does “coming weeks” mean? Shorter than a month? Can we expect this tohappen within the next two weeks then?

1 Like

But RP servers are not common!
I understand that this might be silly for some, but most of us care about our names. It is not something we are ok with changing.

The same way you can farm reputation in game for rewards, RPers farm reputation on a social level. We are trying to be “known” for our good/bad behaviours, the help we provide, the trades with others, the enemies we make along the way (yes, you can be friend with someone but have 2 chars enemies!) . Loosing your name means that no one will remember you or find you in world chats anymore.
Changing name is the same as starting a new char… Everything you built will be gone. Your social rep will go back to 0.

8 Likes

I am from Celebras - the german RP Realm to be retried.
I know the importance of names. :neutral_face:

You are right, this is an issue. The only solution I can come up with currently would be, to start a plot (there are still 2 months left, it will be possible to move to HW) which results in some chars having to change their names, to go “undercover”

Though it is a bad workaround…

2 Likes

While I am happy that we will have an RP server in Wrath, I can’t help but feel that Blizzard is really lazy in this regard. It is unfair to the people who are forced to migrate (emphasis on forced; this was not our choice and as such they should have considered an alternative policy), but since this has been their policy all along its perhaps too late to change it.

Names are important, and losing one’s name hurts. They could have tried to make it fairer by allowing the character with most played hours to keep the name. This is the solution the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic utilized, and it worked very well.

The name of one’s main character may be the name of someone else’s forgotten alt. Should that alt really take priority, simply because it happened to exist on the destination server? What if the tables has been turned? None of us wants to lose their server, after all. And I think the reason Hydraxian is saved rather than Zandalar is because it’s likely easier for RP-pvpers to settle on a pve server than the other way around.

So we drew the short straw. Perhaps we can start a dialogue between players and try to save the names we can?

3 Likes

People of Ashbringer would also like some kind of resolution here :slight_smile:
From once a top PvP server with 55-45 ratio, we went to 99-1 and, and have around 10% of our original population. World PvP is literally dead, PvE likewise, taking sometimes hours to form a group. I’d be really glad if instead of greed from realm transfers, messing up perfectly healthy realms, you’d put a stop to these in time, or at least fix it afterwards. Yesterday we’ve spent around an hour trying to form a group for SL normal, and couldn’t even form it. I’m paying the same amount of money for my subscription as people of Firemaw or other hugely populated realms, I’m not entirely sure why should I and we get a worse game experience than them?

6 Likes

it`s the same for the Celebras players.
Some never wanted to play on an PVE realm, but there was only an RP-PVE realm.

Now we still have not our desired style (PVP), have to change names, AND to use a language some people never learned.

:confused:

3 Likes

Woohoo! Let the RP realm live again!

1 Like

Ashbringer also needs help. We have no horde, alliance pugs are scares, we are still not in phase 3 of the Isle conquest. Why wait til it becomes dead? Very few will join sunch an unbalanced server in WotLK either. We used to be the most balanced realms 8 months ago with 6k active now it’s 1k with no horde. Blizzard, don’t let Mograine’s sword perish!

7 Likes

Just another question:

Would it be possible, to flag an account that these chars should NOT be moved?
I definetly do not want under any circumstances my Celebras characters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: to be moved to any other realm. But I can`t bring myself to delete them…

I cancelled my sub anyway now, and won`t need them anymore… :see_no_evil:

You could theorethically Germaficate the Name to Flusshorn as Blizzard intended that even the people from DACHL would come there. Or you use your Surname. Something that happened on Celebras too. Though if given name AND Surname are taken then it is getting problematic.
But yeah that we lose our names is a problem I know too.
Playing on Hydraxian Waterlords would not be so bitter if Celion and Seldaron would be free too. But in my naivity I did not safe them there thinking Blizzard would not open Pandora’s Box and go delating servers and so someone else could have this name.

2 Likes

Definitely the correct decision. Thanks for listening to feedback and keeping a RP realm around for Europe.

1 Like

To add to this, would this restriction include paid character transfer? I would prefer to have all my characters on one server regardless of faction. It would also seem a little unfair if some players can get both factions on the same PvP server via free transfer when others can’t if the free transfer isn’t available for a particular server. Thanks :slight_smile: