Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

Sometimes I really wonder how blizzard expects to have proper population when they consistently fail at managing it.

It’s so frustrating and it’s not like it’s rocket science.

The rocket science is Elon Musk landing rockets on a floating boat in the middle of the ocean. And blizzard, a multi billion dollar company, can’t even handle bots, gold sellers and balanced population. :man_facepalming:

With their management they’ve only allowed bots to make more profit at the expense of actually helping servers like Celebras and Zandalar Tribe.

If you told me that blizzards population management was to help bots, I’d believe you.

5 Likes

we should make a guide or something - “company and its customers - a complete failure on the company side. how not to treat your customers.” at this point blizzard just amaze me how they fail at this whole realm consolidation thing. first causing the population to thin out by opening up free transfers off the realms instead of to the realms (looking at the eu rp realms) which led to players panic and left the realm. then half a year later realms are gonna be closed that don’t need to be closed (looking at the eu rp realms again where people are still playing and don’t want to leave because they are happy there), realms that need attention like ashbringer or patchwerk are left to (faction)die and all that because of the complete lack of communication on blizzard’s side. oh and not to mention the loss of our guild banks for which we paid 10.000 gold (iirc). blizzard just don’t care because they know that people will keep playing this game.

2 Likes

Not for long though. Playing in a server that gameplay is not fun anymore will eventually lead to play less hours at first and after some time cancel subscription. I 've seen that many times, as well as I had canceled subscription myself for years, till the new classic lounch.

1 Like

Any answer on literally any of the totally legitimate questions in this thread…

4 Likes

yes, i fear that will as well be the case for several of the banished people from celebras and zandalar tribe who are now or will be on a non-rp realm. but to be honest i think that won’t have a big impact.

2 Likes

They had a great game and they are destroying it with every step they make. And I am afraid that they only care about easy income, not quality… and that they pretend to care for their customers but actually they don’t… not at all.

2 Likes

They do seem to be extremely proud of their work on classic from what I can tell.

Is there something I’m missing?
I wonder if we live in an alternate reality?

Proud for what? Launching a game EXACTLY as it was years ago, when first launched? Without even finish the unfinished areas? Without the GMs that were a great part of the game back in the days, to save on their salaries?

2 Likes

How does this work, I wonder? I am sure somebody from Blizzard is reading this and telling people in charge there is people here asking questions. At some point in the hirarchy there has got to be somebody thinking: “Ah well, they don’t really need to know any of that, whatever.”

3 Likes

If they had only done this …

2 Likes

Did you really just delete my post? Or is this a bug of some sort?

3 Likes

you probaly had one word in it which is not allowed. i dont know which though :confused:

1 Like

Since the original one vanished, here is the approximative repost :

Time passes by and I care less about this game for every second.
Don’t get me wrong, the majority of players will always enjoy this game and I’m truly happy for them. It is a good game after all ! Also I am not the type to say « it’s either you give us what we want or I stop playing ». I believe people on RP servers don’t really have this mindset. The community is mature and only a few will bark, the rest will simply take actions (whatever that might be).

Right now the RPers can only see the downsides of the game and everyone is dragging the other’s mood down.

• Names that will be lost and replaced, your char’s lore with it.
  • Guild bank tabs that will vanish with the gold and without any form of compensation.
  • Friends that are trying to find where to go and will eventually all split in different servers.

I wish someone up there would at least have the decency to explain better and either kill or give us hope.
We understand that it is difficult position for them as any answer will most likely not satisfy our expectations. Also, who wants to throw himself in a tigers cage ?

All we can think about is how unfair this all is. I also feel unsmart for playing a mind game and not playing WoW. I mean that the whole situation might just be done on purpose. I don’t think anyone in Blizzard is a victime nor doing things without second thoughts. The transfer is made with the idea of you losing stuff in game. You will have to play more to compensate and rebuild your situation… and so you will sub again…

I don’t know how much one can take before imploding and rage quitting. I hope none of us will come to that.

8 Likes

Seems this is a bug. If your post is deleted for bad words, you’ll either have a warning or a couple of days’ ban. More of us have had posts disappearing in the last week or so, never before

Maybe SOMEONE does read our posts :smiley:

One of my posts was deleted briefly after the original announcement and before the announcement, that Hydraxian Waterlords would be kept “intact” (I HATE THIS WORDING! REALLY! Thanks to my RL Admin friends… :confounded:).
But I got a message from the system “was flagged, staff member deleted it”

I think sometimes it does disappear if the system thinks, you already wrote this post.

Weird.

Yes, this is what I mean. Normlly posts do not just disappear, we have a notification. But at least I and Rivenhorn now seems to have posts disappearing at random - without message - and this is a bug.
One of my´disapearing just said “I totally agree” The post I agrred with is still up :wink:

Kadhya had the same, when she tried to repost her post with the correct character

Apparently the system realized a person was trying to post one post several times and deleted it as “spam”

with “i agree” this might be the same.

But Rivenhorn?
Strange…

The others were not repetitive. Until Rivenhorn posted, I blamed my unstable internet connexion, because it happens everywhere for me, blogs and Social media in genenral. It just started happening much more frequently here recently.
I also habitually CTRL C almost all my posts before submitting because of this.

interesting, beside this one post (with a “this was not ok, but we do not tell you, what” :smiley: ), my posts do not disappear… i think… :thinking:

1 Like

1week and 3 days Blizzard.

Our community is slowly falling apart as they lose hope. The lack of communication is disturbing.

Can we expect any announcement whatsoever regarding Zandalar Tribe, the last RPPVP server?

4 Likes