Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 10

The FCT to Hydraxian is still not open.

1 Like

Thank you :heart:
hugs and salutes back

Gotta say, I kinda find the whole thing hilarious at this point. My PVP char they arbitrarily sent to the PVE realm instead of the requested PVP realm is now stuck on said PVE for an unknown period of time because he has a “cooldown due to recent transfer”

I opened up my ticket again, and asked Support about this, but they didn’t provide a suitable answer. They just stated that “Free transfers will be up again soon” with no definate date, and directed me back to this thread. lol

Thing is, I even tried a paid transfer, just to get him out of the PVE realm back to a PVP realm - any PVP realm at this point - and it refuses to work coz of this transfer cooldown period.

Again, despite asking no information was given on how my char will be flagged with this cooldown. Searching online I found 3rd party knowledge stating that for Retail this cooldown is 72hours, while for Classic, this cooldown is 3 months!

It also refuses to work because my char has Guild Leader of a now empty Guild since the move from the realm that got shut down. Funny that they can move your char with the Guild Leader status, but if you request it, it’s not possible…

…which also has me thinking, maybe this was why my char didn’t get moved in the first place - which would be a more valid reason that the one I was ultimately given:

…at that time Firemaw for Burning Crusade Classic was closed to incoming transfers and so it would not have been offered or possible to transfer to the realm at that time.

Only, it was on offer? Coz y’know, I filled in the system form, the same one I filled in for my Classic clone which was moved to the other ream.

So, basically, if what Support says here is to be believed, Firemaw was not accepting transfers at the time but the system still offered the player the request for the free transfer. Essentially, the system was offering up a transfer that wasn’t even available.

Well, whatever.

EDIT: Forgot my final point

Finally, what really makes me laugh is that after they closed all those servers, throwing half of us into the wrong kind of server, with the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch, most of the servers are now always full, and with long queue times.

I mean really. They knew that they were gonna drop the Wrath Pre-patch - they knew that a pre-patch would bump up the player count - they knew that reducing the number of servers would force queue times with fewer servers.

It’s like they are doing this stuff for the lolz at this point. I find it hard to believe that not one Dev thought that shutting down a bunch of server, and then releasing what is essentially new content would result in anything other than what has happened ==

Meanwhile, the Classic servers are still languishing with super low population (some of even dead - as in zero other players in search for who 1-60 worldwide - where none of the realms have been closed down, none have been forcibly merged. They are still the full compliment of empty realms.

Incidentally, this was why I moved both my Classic and Classic TBC char, believing if they were gonna shut the TBC versions down, they would do the same for the Classic realms, given they has a much lower total population (all servers) than the TBC servers did at the time (laughable moreso now)

It would have made more sense to condense the Classic servers, drop the Wrath pre-patch on TBC servers, monitor the influx of returinging players, and then consider closing a few servers if still viable.

It owuld also have made more sense to leave a handful of servers as Classic TBC just for the legacy of it. This argument that “nothing really changes from TBC to Wrath” is utter garbage. An absolute ton of stuff changed.

Aside from the obvious new content, spells, glyths, talent tree, professions, and so on - there’s also the impact this has on lower level chars as leveling. TBC changed low level char gameplay from Classic - specifically making it much easier, and Wrath has done the same.

One of the things which make me mad.
We do not have a low pop, even middle, german PVE realm anymore.
Even Lakeshire is now on high

I wouldn´t be surprised, if Cele would have been able to recover a bit during pre event/Wrath launch.
Thanks… i guess :unamused:

I do not agree here…
I hope they leave at least the german era RP realm alone.
Some of us moved back and have RP there, and i do not want to lose that. :sweat_smile:

But many realms are already connected, just not all yet.
And it seems they really intend to merge all together, which would leave the german RP community again left alone, because we´d end up on an english PVE realm. No, thanks, but no.
(beside the fact that on era Pyrewood even more names are taken then on Hydraxian Waterlords. if, they should just connect all…)

1 Like

I think for naming and other purposes it would be a really bad idea to consolidate the Era servers. I have a suggestion as to what to do instead:

Instead of deleting servers with all the naming drama and so on which we have just been through in TBCC. I suggest a merge and tabs solution:

Now in the Realm selection screen we have these tabs below: Seasonal, Russian, Classic Era.
I suggest these tabs: Seasonal, Russian, Classic Era PvP, Classic Era PvE, Classic Era RP.

In this way all PvP can co-exist and still be merged into one, same for PvE and RP, but we avoid the naming, moving, level-losing etc hyper-mess of the consolidation.

ZT, HW and Celebras should should not be merged, but be placed in the RP tab.

Also this allows for people to have more then 10 characters in PvE or PvP which would be the case if all servers were simply consolidated.

1 Like

I just still cant get over how you can boost a character but not xfer a old one. Its the exact same number of characters on the realm if I do either…

Blizzard with lazy programming once again…

True!
the 10 characters might prevent them from just merging and killing everything!
HAAA!!!

:partying_face:

As long as they don´t announce, that we can create more then 10 chars on era realms, the realms are probably safe (except maybe being connected)

/whew

2 Likes

I still have 3 characters that haven’t been transferred.

How is everyone else doing?

Still missing a bunch of characters.
I do not expect them to arrive at all. :sweat_smile:

I wonder if they still count to the max amount of chars on my account :thinking:

About 3 also.

It’s like a little present when a char I forgot about ends up on my list. Shame one of my bank chars is also in the nether :stuck_out_tongue:

Just curious: Is anybody still missing toons?

Also, this needs a /push to not get lost.

1 Like

ashbringer ??? any1 cares ??

1 Like

I’ve been playing wow since 2004 and never transferred any character during that time. The information the transfers provided gave no mention of mail being deleted. I had items in the Auction House that had expired and there was no opportunity or at least a few days warning to retrieve these or even items mailed to other characters. All my mail was destroyed on every single character. Hundreds of items I had painstakingly acquired all gone in an instant.
I joined a realm at the start of Classic that was one of the most popular servers at the time and over time. Through no fault of my own I was forced to become a refugee losing almost everything other than what I could carry in my bags or bank.

Absolutely the most heartbreaking and worst experience I have ever had. Please do not do this ever again!

2 Likes

I lost a bunch of level 1-15 toons (I think 9+ in total because I was capped on char creation and now I can create 9, thats after creating a few new chars since prepatch).

Only 4 chars showed up on Mograine, all level 1 chars.

1 Like

still missing some celebrations…

1 Like

Why is Patchwerk EU not a merged Server??? I returned to classic for Wotlk just to find my characters on a server that is abandoned, where less than 20 people are online and not 1 active guild remained on the server.
Blizzard, please dont force returning players to pay for character transfers, cause you are not able to play any kind of group content on this server anymore.

Merge Patchwerk EU pls, or offer free transfer away from it! Its is a wasteland…

Please push my post even if you are not hurt by it, cause it actually wont be pushed much, since like I said the server is dead and not many people will post about it.

1 Like

There is absolutely no reasoning to inform me that I had 2 months notice when you have not provided the full details and all risks of items lost during your migration. Where does this description or provided link to further information regarding transfers state or mention any reference to ALL of your mail items on ALL characters will be AUTOMATICALLY deleted?

If someone from Blizzard could please point that out to me that would be appreciated. Otherwise please RESTORE all of my mail items that you have destroyed during the migration that was forced and denied the ability make appropriate arrangements of my mail items and storage.

Thank you!!

I am still missing at least one character ans I too had mail sestroyed, so

you’re not alone.

2 Likes

Still missing 3 characters.

Blizzard deny they ever existed in ticket responses.

Just mindboggling.

I’m missing I think over 9 characters, I’ve lost track of them all. My Warrior on Ten Storms is gone though, it was only lvl15 or something but still. It’s certainly strange why more than half of my characters that got merged are lost in the void somewhere.

Before the merge I was actually character capped on my account, I’m not even close anymore.

1 Like