Bursting fails!

I trust you were also at least mildly intoxicated. If you have to do it, do it right!!! :):sweat_smile:

12 minutes over the timer on a sots 8 without any wipe :sweat_smile:

When dh rushes in to arcane torrent shadow of zul adds fml :frowning:

1 Like

It was a guild/friends group, we did a +10 Atal’dazar all melee, we didn’t make the timer but we didn’t expect to either :grin:

I may have to try drinking if we repeat the experience.

1 Like

They could update there damn tool tip for the affix.

It still says 5%.

1 Like

That is why i started this topic 2 days ago…

I now start every dungeon with just saying to pay attention to bursting, it is buffed to 14%… Nobody knows this.

I dont think it has with class healer to do, it is all about bursting got buffed from 10 to 14 %. Combo bursting +quaking + reaping, it is just retard. The dev should try and play +10 which I did try in ML. It is just terrible and not enjoyable to play.

I hate to be that guy but its 40% more damage then previously, not 4%.

1 Like

So you’re saying that monks, druid and palas are the only acceptable healers in mythic+?:thinking:
The tooltip says 4% max hp per sec for 4 seconds. That is 16% of a players max hp per stack So logically speaking if you didn’t heal at all when bursting was applied and everyone were full health, you’d need ~5-6 stacks(most cases you stagger and get at least 1-2 extra ticks) to kill a player.
In season 1 you could take around 10 stacks of bursting with proper cooldown management but now you can’t even take 4 stacks without someone dying even if you manage your cooldowns(and heal the targets, duh). How come 4 stacks of bursting can deal 100% of a player’s max hp? I get 4 stacks of bursting, ticking for 4% of a player’s max hp per second for 4 seconds to 64% hp lost ± maybe 12-20% depending on bursting rereshes. 4^3=64 in my head. Add 20 to that 64 number and I get 84 which is still smaller than 100?:thinking:
The tooltip is wrong and Bursting is overtuned. If you want to push higher keys in time you will need to bring a BDK for AMS cheese(maybe BrM Zen Med works for 10+ stacks) and then immunity classes to simply immune the bursting stacks after you pull 20 mobs and nuke them all down at the same time.
Bring the player, not the class, am I right?:thinking:

The hotfix tweet states that Bursting deals 14% max hp per stack so 14/4= 3.5% hp per sec? So 4 stacks is 14% hp per sec * 4 seconds = 56% max hp and yet again we could add on 20% extra dmg due to stagger refreshes which puts us at 76% hp lost? 76>100? What exactly am I missing? Is the “30% increased difficulty” also applied to the affixes cuz then we’re fine. 76*1.3 = 98.8 which is basically dead players.:thinking:

1 Like

He didn’t say that at all.

1 Like

But he sure seems to be implying that.

“It’s not overtuned. You just need to know what to do. If you struggle to heal use more pots” after saying which healers he thinks are best at dealing with bursting. Basically “it’s supposed to be like this, you need to get better but if you don’t, get more pots or change to the healing classes I mentioned first.”

Have to play certain classes to beat game content.

This game is clearly designed well.

hoow did you… even… get… that… impression? :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Thats simply not true. It’s just some are better than others. Thats how its always been and how it always will be.

It is 14% not 4%, the tooltip needs fixing and they buffed it from 10% to 14%. Which is why you need to warn people in case they go in and aren’t aware of it.

died from 3 stacks…not even sure how at this point.

I did ask about it in dungeon forum and got my answer on how 5% x 3 can kill me only to find out it has been changed twice and the tool tip is still wrong, which only marginally explains how 3 stacks can take me from 80-90% health to 0.

Sadly it’s an affix that means single target dps only in some dungeons, waycrest manor for example with a plethora of none elite mobs that die to a mild breeze.

In my opinion only, the affix is fine except it shouldn’t come from none elite mobs. At least then you could manage some of the dungeons with too many really trashy mobs…maggots i’m looking at you here, or siege of boralus.

But my actual opinion is this…tooooo much f***ing trash in the dungeons anyway.

So it’s a total of 56% hp per stack?!?! Who dafuq thought that’d be a good idea??

No it is 14% spreaded over 4 ticks (3.5% per tick). But there is a refresh mechanism in. When you kill a mob when you have bursting stacks, these stacks get again 4 ticks, even when they already ticked 3 times.

Don’t refresh the stacks and don’t pop more than 4 enemies without personal defensives. It’s not that hard.

I do agree that it feels overtuned for low keys cause people are clueless and probably don’t even have nameplates enabled.

Started using my CDs late in the pull and it helps a lot with bursting. Sure, dpsers litter the floor after some pulls, but I can’t really do much more in pugs TBH.