BWL Vaelastrasz the corrupt

So if you had a nightmare from vanilla over that boss, classic is here to wash away all your fears!!
as This boss will die under 20seconds…R.I.P vanilla2005 experience xD
and i can guess tons of dagger rogues/warriors & fire mages in the fastest speed kill.

and no…there isn’t any nerf to that boss in patch 1.12, apart from itemization and people are already fully epic and ready for it with the right setup and maximized consumables and some care to get world buffs.

2 Likes

World first clear
00:46

2 Likes

I doubt there will be much fire mages as he is immune to fire.

11 Likes

Vael is immune to fire so i doubt you will see many fire mages in the fastest kill. Dagger rogue is actualy the best rogue spec to kill vael fast because backstab costs more energy does more damage

my bad if he is Immune to fire, no idea why i thought he is not.

took top private srever guilds ~15s, should take no more than 30s for decent guilds

1 Like

We tried on self made private server last week.

The pusback on caster is really annoying.

Do you think as Mage it’s better to spam arcane explosion instead of spam frostbolt ?

Never tried before, just to ask some tips.

And yes, I know, 30 Warrior will do it in 49 seconds. I don’t care about that.

gfpp, fireward, flame deflector

3 Likes

Greater fire prot potion prepop and get the fire res buff from ubrs

1 Like

I was referring to 8/8 mate not 1 boss.

1 Like

It was nerfed eventualy, they named him the “guild killer” for a reason

Its a trivial boss. None will struggle against him

It’s about whether it’s fun, right?

1 Like

Its a very fun fight though, very satisfying. Until you get chosen to die and lose your world buffs without being able to do anything about it

1 Like

Except u actually dont need any kind of world buffs or onyxia or bhb or whatever buffs to clear BWL in the 1st week , almost every guild will clear BWL on their 1st run and they actually dont need to be that much flasked / buffed or anything but just 1 buff pot and the standart class buffs, this is well known 15 years old mechanics and a player base used to far more complex fights over the years , also the tottal gear score of a players is miles ahead what it was when bwl opened. Im not talking that there wasnt few ppl in almost full gear but they were not as many in total as now . This raid will be facerolled by almsot everyone and probably even the good pugs on the 1st week, u dont need to pretend its for hardcores and u need to farm world buffs or using flasks , sry bro but always triggered when someone is trying to make things to sound more hardcore and restricted as they really are . Up untill c’thun and ONLY few of naxx bosses everything is dogshie mechanics and u know it . Just nostalgia , the freshness and players personal skills and items 15 years ago made it seem hard.

5 Likes

That just goes to show how bad of a mechanic world buffs are, sadly.

2 Likes

pretty sure vael is the only boss in wow history with an unavoidable death mechanic

Nope, there were others outside Vanilla (Assembly of Iron, Teron Gorefiend, etc), but besides that, there are still circumstances were a death is unavoidable due to RNG or other factors - and then you just lose all your wbuffs with no chance of recovery. Which is extremely aggravating if you’re still progressing, rather than farming, an instance.

of course u dont need consumables or good gear for that matter but it’s a lot more fun if you can do more damage, be able to compete and provide meaningful DPS to the raid, it’s more efficient to just have a 41st player parked outside to replace the person that is randomly picked to die.