Can I kill lowbies without being harassed?

Simply put, it’s childish, low effort and does reflect you in a very badly way. Stop doing this, it’s absolutely immature to kill with a High End chara a leveling one. Just imagine someone would do this to you, permanently, would you then enjoy leveling alts or making a new character? No? Then you have your answer.

2 Likes

Mr.mature-gamer teaching the others howto play the game less childish (while lvling yet another alt).

+1 grown up point to you :clap::clap:

2 Likes

I don’t use WM during leveling, so I completely avoid the risk of being killed by the enemy faction. Switch it on at your own risk and possibly pay the price for doing so.

I don’t go out of my way to kill lowbies, but the manner in which you put this just makes me want to mercilessly hunt down every lowbie on the continent, in the hopes that one of them is you. :smirk:

2 Likes

It’s WPvP, anything goes. What doesn’t is abuse from players via chat. You are defending chat abuse, a bannable offence?

1 Like

If you do it to my lowby, I will absolutely harass you.
Not in game chat though. I will log my high level, find you, kill you, and camp your body/graveyard until you log out.
You reap what you sow.

5 Likes

It’s not because you can do something that you must absolutely do it.
And the person you are answering to is totally right in that aspect, that’s what separate immature from mature people.
Real PvP player don’t go around one shoting enemies that don’t have a chance in hell to fight back, but are looking for a challenge.

Exactly. These players aren’t much but bullies. Everyone can do something like that, but social-wise it is an absolute negative trait which can be linked to letting some steam out due RL or complexes.

If someone really wants to do it, then do it. But empathy-wise it’s an absolute lowblow, likely will ruin someone else’s fun or even stop leveling that character. Most of the players use the WM for the EXP-Bonus. The game is already enough grindy, no need to be an immature player as well.

That is the correct answer.

If anyone wants to give my WPvP Ethics Challenge a try, I’m interested to see how ethicists perform.

1 Like

Just got angry whispers for several minutes, I was very reasonable, and eventually turned into a friendly duel on their alt. Which I lost! That’s ok, because I don’t tie win or loss to ego. They apologized afterwards for their behaviour in the whispers. I had nothing to apologize for ofc :slight_smile:

Want to see what anonymous players think about this? See my player rules survey!

1 Like

In our (guildies) last call to arms, we kept recieving a /w from a certain player wishing us cancer and death i ln real life. We just needed 2 more kills so we /w him back asking him that he need to get back to his corpse asap so we farm him and finish the quest.

2 Likes

If it’s a lower lvl, then it’s probably like Wispr said - pve server peoples or kidos.

When it’s 120s - almost every time it just someone who can’t in-game and wants to have at least a verbal revenge, lol.

You can greet them with a message like “Good day to you! Yeah, I ganked you, you have a big butthurt and want to tell me about it. But pls, don’t be boring, be at least original and creative with what you’re saying…”.

Works best with Bnet invites, anyway - in 9 out of 10 times - they stutter and it becomes even more fun. After I started asking ppl to express their butthurt more creatively - they started doing it, hahaha

Some really not smart ones are doing it in general chat from their alts (on Assaults / CtAs, RP realms, easier, yeah…) - that’s just asking everyone around to make fun of them.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t really understand it either, I once had someone complain to me that they couldn’t capture the pvp towers in hellfire peninsula because I was killing them all the time. Imagine that, doing a pvp objective and complaining about pvp!

4 Likes

You can kill lowbies, but it doesn’t mean you should.

I don’t kill lowbies, it feels dishonourable to me.

However… The way I see it; it’s fair game, you’ve got WM on so you’re taking that risk. You’re allowed to be upset about it, because it is annoying being killed by someone you can’t possibly retaliate to, but at the end of the day WarMode is a choice and if you want those gains you have to risk getting killed.

I made an exception earlier today when a Horde spat on me for no reason whilst I was minding my own business talking to a neutral quest NPC.

3 Likes

So you are doing something that upsets him and he decides to waste his time to relog and whisper you some abuse that you know you can just /ignore and that is an issue?
Imo you are harrasing him by killing him with 0 chance to fight back because you went out of your way to do content that doesnt even benefit having war mode on while he is doing it for the benefit and im sure if you were same level atleast there would be some equal ground but otherwise not really.

So honestly i wouldn’t waste my time on someone like you to relog but i also see why he’d do it if he generally gets annoyed that the only pvp he gets out of warmode is some max level pressing 1 ability and killing him.

1 Like

People claiming harassment, when it isn’t, then whispering harassment to an innocent player doing what the game is designed for - report em for chat abuse. No sympathy for the harassment whisperers.

1 Like

It’s always kinda funny, how ppl enable WPvP - something that is not a BG and can’t be fair simply because it is not instanced with a queue, and then expect free rewards without PvP or even only fair fights of the same levels.

So, someone who doesn’t have any physical training, no martial arts, no weapon training, etc, who even only thinks to start going to the gym - a low level player called Trainee - decides that it is a great idea to go for a physical training into a War Zone War Mode ON.

Trainee arive there, and they expect to be attacked only if there are others like them - and if there are tanks/helicopters/special trained soldiers/etc high level players - they shouldn’t be killing poor Trainee, who is only there for their cross-fit, even if they are on the Enemy side in a War conflict.

Well, should have went to the gym War Mode OFF.

Your character head was bashed in because you enabled game mode where that can and will happen - it’s not a harassment - it is consequences of your decision to enable unfair and non-scripted PvP mode in the open world. That is why it is optional, with extra rewards for extra risk.

If you one of those players who gets offended by PvP - it would be much more healthy for you not to do it.

Otherwise - install Kill on Sight addon, and keep an eye for revenge :smiley:

But anyway - keep you dignity and decency - “Bnet & whisper tears” is not a way to go about.

1 Like

Arena pro whisperers are usually the most vile in WPvP. You don’t even need to camp em. One kill when you are in a group = evil whispers. Their ‘pvp god’ brains can’t handle it. I don’t care if I am unskilled compared to them, it’s just very rewarding to receive these rants from their god brains. I love talking to big egos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhh, I love them, hahahaha

Especially that one Fury warrior who was telling me how bad I am, and how he checked me and I don’t do Arena, how he has 2K rating and that mean I can’t play… immense butthurt.

All after I kited him for about 5-7 mins, laughing, before killing him. He ganked 112 Alliance hunter whos nickname I liked - so I had to avenge him to the fullest extent! and I was also waiting for them to res and maybe shoot a bit at their ganker, but they didn’t.

I still remember it because in the end of the rant - that warrior asked me for a rematch but without slows and blinks, because it’s not fair and I should face-tank him like other classes… I went and checked him after that - he really had 2K something rating in 2s and 3s. But that was so hopelessly hilarious.

After I said that he should watch Pilav and learn something - he said he reported me and then put me on ignore. I had a very good laugh :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, fun times :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean i never said it was harassment, i said who ever is killing lowbies shouldn’t cry like a child because someone gets annoyed and vents their frustration which if anything wastes their own time.

Anyhow in the current zones ganking i even if its a 120 ganking 110 i dont see it that bad but honestly if people go out of their way to gank level 60/70s etc then well that just tells me all i need to know about them, same as people who are willing to gank leveling chars but ignore max level chars.

Either way this whole scenario isn’t really something that can be adressed as it comes to the will of the person doing it so meh what you gonna do :smiley:

1 Like