Can the competitive PVE scene survive no WBs in fresh?

What do you guys think?
To me it seemed like the world buffs during e.g. Naxx speedruns were what made the whole thing more exciting, because you had something to lose. We already knew they were gonna clear it all, and quickly but it came down a lot to who would be able to play as perfectly as possible and preserve those buffs for the whole run. Once you died you were gimped. It sucked, but it was way more exciting, imo.

3 Likes

It absolutely will. There’s definitely a love for WBs among the super hardcore Classic fans, but a lot of people don’t belong into that category. Judging from experiences on pservers and during Classic, a lot of people didn’t like raiding with WBs, so I would argue that not having WBs, combined with the summoning stones and debuffs no longer being capped will revitalize raiding.

No WBs mean no mandatory world tour before each raid, not having to live in the fear of the dispell meta, not having to move to PvE realms just so you can raid without losing your mind, not generating toxicity if you lose your WBs due to the tank’s taunt being resisted, and the fact that raids in general will offer a more organic experience for everyone, as the raids weren’t designed with WBs in mind.

1 Like

there is going to be no competetive scene on fresh kekw
and it wouldn’t be even if there were world buffs

1 Like

You underestimate the desire to get world #1, e-genital size at stake.

I hope the new competitive scene will to be actually clear the content with the increased difficulty and no WB’s

it still wont be hard man, it might take a couple of weeks, but what do you do for the remaining months? first 4 phases will have only mc/bwl/ony, you think anyone decent will have to ‘focus’ on clearing for that long? doubt it

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be so difficult that it will take the average guild months to clear, but it will no doubt be more difficult than we saw in 2019. I remember quite a few guilds being stuck for a few weeks in MC, BWL and even longer in AQ40. So i’m excited to see how things will turn out with these changes

yea for the casual i wholly agree but thats why i was asking about the competitive scene :slight_smile: they certainly wont need weeks and once its clear, no WB makes the runs about 1/10 as exciting imo

1 Like

We don’t know how tough they will tune the encounters, so it’s all speculation as of right now

It won’t be more difficult, and it wouldn’t be even if they doubled the bosses’ damage and health along with the world buffs removal, there’s really nothing to be excited about. If anything, it’s only gonna get more boring without the world buffs.

You’re being delusional if you don’t think encreasing boss damage and health isn’t going to make it more difficult. Of course it’s going to make it harder, that’s a no brainer.

1 Like

No it won’t, it doesn’t matter how long it takes to kill a training dummy, it’s still a dummy placeholder for a boss. And no, boomkins and rets are still gonna be meme specs, even more so without world buffs.

I mean yes it is. If you’re changing the damage and increasing the health people will have to deal with mechanics, which will in fact make it harder.

Having world buffs didn’t even make it hard at all and average guilds could clear Naxx because of it. “Meme specs” will be more viable due to no debuff limit. Still not the best classes, but they will for sure do more dmg this time around.

This isn’t rocket science. Tuning the bosses will of course make it more difficult and refering the bosses as “dummy placeholders” is a joke. They will even bring back old mechanics that got removed.

2 Likes

it will be more difficult as its a longer fight requiring more mana etc etc and more likely to have mechanics that actually do something. but its still the same bosses with the same mechanics and those aren’t hard. getting out of rain of fire, dispelling lucifrons curse, not shooting into a spell shield, these arent tough to deal with

Molten Core isn’t really going to be the true test in terms of mechanics. But it will be exciting to see what mechanics they’ll be restoring. I hope they won’t announce em and just let people go in and see for themselves.

Dude like really? And you’re calling me delusional? No, meme specs are not gonna be viable. There’s a reason they are MEME specs. With or without world buffs, and the debuff slots thing doesn’t really matter at all. But I don’t really care, you are free to have all the fun you want on the upcoming fresh with the other 1000 people you’ll find playing it.

You’re again being delusional.

1. Shadow priest might be viable now with these changes. I’m in doubt with the other classes like Boomkin and ret.
  2. Just because the game doesn’t fit how you want it, the game isn’t doomed to be dead from launch. There’s more people that’s happy about no world buffs. The people being unhappy usually are more vocal.
2 Likes

the fresh IS doomed to be dead, because it’s blizzard who’s launching it after all.
You ever wondered why before classic people would play on each and every fresh private server and be happy about killing the same bosses over and over again, but suddenly when blizzard launches one - all the long time vanilla players hate it and are unwilling to play on it? That’s because it’s gonna be the same thing with bots, goldsellers, store mounts and overstated drop rates aimed at elating dad gamers. somehow even less blizz-like than private servers kekw

1 Like

yea they really do seem to want to cater to the dad gamers. idk, maybe theyre the majority of players now and thats why. its sad though, both for those who like to go hard and for the game in general

1 Like

We are talking about the competitive scene, not about dad gamers who moan because they don’t like to farm WB.
OFC there will be clears, but will there be a real competitive day 1 race? idk

2 Likes