Can we already rid of rune of power?

Don’t like it, don’t use it?

Yeah, if I want to deal healer-level DPS and then be swapped for BM or Havoc who do the same thing 5x better. Sorry, Arcane is Blast or nothing nowadays, too much % dmg increases crammed into it, and this means 1 target chaincasting turret. Explosion just sucks even with RNGey Explosive Echo, Barrage has too low target cap, needs charges buildup and requires Pressure to be halfway useable… 1/3 of time. So that’s a no, not gonna bother. Too much jumping through hoops to get below average results.

Imagine doing lfr only and crying about your class. Just go and l2p

1 Like

Why don’t you tell us then how great is Arcane nowadays? Mr l2p is stuck at 11/12M, wonder why, is it possibly because of doing half or less DPS of cleave-able specs? Imagine getting carried so hard, people don’t mind you essentially doing 50% of what you should. Unless they bench you for AoE encounters, which in Nyalotha is pretty much 10 of 12, would explain a lot. Just go and git gud?

I don’t need to smell, touch, and taste a turd to determine that it is, in fact, a piece of crap. I feel sorry for you that you seem to do. Believe if you wish that you can polish a turd and get it gold-plated, just don’t look at damage meters in anything else than Patchwerk-type encounter, you might get an aneurysm. Also wondering when your cool, chilled friends decide that enough is enough, ST turret doesn’t do it on move/cleave encounter and you are kindly asked to go Fire or get lost.

1 Like

Why do you assume I stucked? We raid 5 hours a week, and we will clear N’zoth as well. It will take time, but you know what? Instead of whining, I actually do hard things in the game.

Nop, I’m not getting carried.

And nop, I’m not getting benched.

You seems pretty stupid but anyway still you need to l2p instead of whining. You know there are 2.4k+ arena players with arcane as well. Probably they’re getting carried too.

Don’t these rely on 24/7 kiting and gushing wound stack?

There is one particular streamer who does that, but most of them are stacking haste/versa %.

How do they do the damage? Missiles when enemy is stunned?

Arcane Pummeling x3 and the talent that gives 1 extra missiles. Also nether tempest, arcane orb, mostly instants.

1 Like

Huh… interesting! Any time I queued into arcane-rdruid (highest was maybe 2300 mmr so I never played against a really good one) it felt like they had no pressure going at all and were just trying to dampen/make us quit the game because of all the kiting.

Also Arcane can do a ton of dmg in dungeons. Problem is lack of utilty, having ranged in melee and being expected to be fire.

1 Like

This man saying L2P when hes 449 ilvl and hasn’t cleared any content outside of LFR :rofl:

2 Likes

I did not read every post on this thread since it kind of went off rails, but i understand the arguments put forward against RoP mechanic as it is.

I feel the principle behind such an ability is the risk-reward management. If you manage to stand still for a bit, you get to do big numbers. However, it is true that the game has evolved in a way where mobility and dodging stuff on the ground has become core gameplay. It makes RoP unfun and sometimes frustrating, when you have to move out and you see BM hunter running around and rolling its head on his keyboard, doing even more dps than you.

But I think a solution for this issue already exists in the game. It would suggest to replace the rune-placing mechanic by the Font of power mechanic. You could channel and gather power for a few seconds and get a buff similar to RoP. Then you can move around and do stuff.

4 Likes

I think what people don’t realise about rune of power has a much bigger area of effect than it seems.

The radius is 8 yards. To put it in perspective ring of frost is 6.5 yards. Maybe the should change the animation to make it more obvious, you actually have loads of room to dodge most mechanics.

I remeber that this was already the case in the past.
I don’t know why they changed it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They absolutely should. As things stand right now, you more or less need a weakaura to track whether you’re still in the range of the rune or not.

3 Likes

fire mage is butchered. Master blaster free stacking mastery, 100% crit talents destroyed a good gameplay of fire. Fire used to be a crit spec, now its a versa mastery garbage. Legion one with wrists was sweet.

1 Like

It was only a collection of borrowed power that was mashed together into this op spec. Come max level shadowlands, pyroclasm is likely to be the meta playstyle again.

That being said you can still play a crit pyroclasm build now if you want. Sure it would still be decent ST, switch in BM for cleave.

Most fun iteration of fire I’ve ever played.

1 Like

Incanters should be just flat 10% more spellpower stat. Would be way more appealing. Feeling like half the Mage Talents in each specs need complete redesign. There is so many dead Talents nobody picks ever.

Stuff like lvl 90 Tier Conflagration… It ticks less than 1K points per second. Come on…

2 Likes