Can we get FREE migration from Draenor please

pretty much.

maybe, if the F stood for forced?

blizz KNOWS how many accounts there are, they know if they have been played recently or not, and they know what each server can handle.

and remember, we only need to talk about players, not toons, as you can have 50 alts on a server, but you can only play one at a time. if the offline data of offline characters actually effects a servers stability, then, just wtf!

SO, knowing all this information, blizzard could migrate us THEMSELVES and FREE so that we get balanced servers.

THEN, you lock the servers that are full to stop new players going on them. existing players can make new toons however.

Then you make AH, trading, and guilds region wide.

Problem solved.

?

HA! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So you asked for FCM Punyelf, I assume you are going to use it? Or are you going to stay and just hope that all the dumb people leave while you stay on the full server?

If you’re going to give us the usual excuse of “oh my friends…” just don’t answer.

1 Like

transfer first before you sleep please :wave:

I remember how some classic players approached free realm transfers of overloaded realms:

A lot of them only wanted it to happen so the ‘casuals’ would transfer off. And the uptake for the free transfer wasn’t high either from what I read then.

given shes in a Raiding guild… and They havent given free Guild transfers, I’d imagine she realistically cant up and leave. its a Weighing up of values realistically.

Is uptoo 1 week of Disturbance in gameplay Worth why your sat on your server.

this change doesnt realistically help all that much, without guild transfers… and no freedom to the realms u move to it effectively means, if you’re tied to a raiding guild u intend to stay with… ur not getting off that realm

i have several friends that have stated “they’d move if they werent signed up on a Raiding guild”.

could u imagine the impact if raiders started dropping out of the server 1 week from Raid launch?.. so many guilds would die.

its not dumb to stay or leave. Espically when u can transfer to places like stormscale, which are high pop realms, its a simple case of which is the better fix for the Player.

if ur not in a guild, realistically only use a PuG enviroment and more… then moving servers is a good thing for you.

if ur in a guild or have specific ties to the realm and more, then moving server is a bad thing for you.

It can never be forced, they don’t want people to stop playing, they want to give those that want to move the option to do so for free.

Forced moves would harm the player base not help.

FCM is up, it’s great. If enough people who have been asking for this, take it up then it will alleviate the problems on the busy realms.

If you wish to take advantage of the offer then go for it, at no point have I stated that I wish to move off the realm I am on.

What a strange thing to presume.

at this point, if its not forced then the problem will never be fixed :frowning:

people wont stop playing if they moved a whole server to be with another one, ie move all players on one server to another.

we come back to what do servers actually mean anymore.

create a region wide AH, surnames (to be your original server), cross server trade and cross server guilds, then what does it matter about servers at that point.

people will be able to play with their friends, make new ones, be part of a booming economy, complete any in game task they want and not lose their name. its a win win.

letting people choose where they go will just worsen the problems, both for overcrowding/lag/queues on high/full pop servers, and being empty on low pop. we know this cause we can see where people have gone when offered FCM for the last 12~ years.

FCM is just an illusion to make it look like they are offering a fix while they do nothing. the whole server merge thing that was meant to have solved low pop servers seems to have stalled now. will it be completed?

Yet FCM has been successful in the past without ever destroying anyone’s game play.

ofc he wont transfer off

just like 99,9 % of people who whined for free transfers hoping naive people will take them while they will be able to log off

it didnt work - you still have almost 1000 people que at 14 showing those threads were nothing but pointless whining

3 Likes

But didn’t they offer that yesterday? Or was that the US servers only?

until full realm wide AH and raid progression arrive people will NOT WANT to transfer.
after all, why transfer to a low population server that likely has a one sided faction with an auction house so dead it will cost you over 500 gold for something that would cost you 10gold on Dreanor?
the AH plays a large hand in why people transfer, myself included moved TO dreanor because my old realm Emerald Dream was A: 80% alliance and B: AH was horrific.
i’d rather sit in a queue for 30minutes or more than have an awful ingame experience.
maybe if blizzard got off their posteriors and realise that the AH plays a large role in people realm stacking then maybe people might actually use those low population realms if the AH was actually joined with ALL realms.

TL:DR = make the AH connect with every single realm to make low population servers actually worth using.

We have realm wide AHs, I think you mean region wide. And Blizzard won’t do it.

i specified FULL realm wide as in the full region, without it, stacking on one realm is more or less king of realm selection.

I changed to Outland from Draenor and it is very much alive

isn’t outland largely alliance…?

Kinda sucks when you have been on Draenor from the start…

Blizzard should look for a solution IMO.

In a raiding guild with all my friends and my hubby so we won’t be moving our guild has accomplished a lot, But alas I think most others are in the same boat because Draenor is pooping itself right now.