Can we get new servers?

People wont even move with FCM to a new server to get away from the queues on busy realms. I have to agree that the uptake would be tiny. However I think it’s highly unlikely Blizzard are going to offer any more servers.

I particularly love your No 7 :slight_smile:

You see my highest Alliance here level 18 Pally, Hordeside I have a level 21 Tauren Hunter, I play both alternating and experience the same “killed, overrun” world both-wheres.
The AH question is not a biggie for me, only a cause of wonderment.

So yes. New servers please, now, many!

What concern is all of this to you?

In what ways specifically does any of this have anything to do with the character(s) you are leveling?

What part of the economy is destroyed and how does that impact you?

How does any of this destroy the possibility of people beeing competitive?

1 Like

Why should Blizzard open any new servers just because you feel like economy of the current servers is ruined … ??? To get even more hated by these (and other) players later on once these new servers are dead? So many people here are so shortsighted :smiley: Some of the current server are low pop …

2 Likes

New PvE servers would be lovely. All the ones that are Medium (none - not even Dragonfang stays low at all times btw) are PvP realms. And “low” means at least 10 times the online player base than Retail.
I checked the /who on Hydraxian Waterlords and selected Retail servers because it was the ones marked low yesterday at 14.13 pm. HW at 1683+ Ally side (two level brackets at 50+) versus Retail 100 - 155 online also Ally side only - and more than halv of those level 120.

1 Like

I would roll on a new server also without layering or transfers, fresh start for authentic vanilla launch

1 Like

Couldn’t be sure if it was your highest or not!
When my Paladin was 18, it was pretty overrun aswell, but that was 2nd day of launch… :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a huge issue in higher lvl zones though, WPL was quite overrun, on the farms cause of mages though.

First bug is that you can be mana drained in cat/bear form
Second and third bug most like have the same cause. When powershifting you loose the leader of the pack buff. The same happens with predatory strikes. As cat dps you and also your group loose alot of dps due to these bugs.
They were already reported but please report them as well, it puts them more into the spotlite.

1 Like

Level 34 warlock ready to gank the lowbies like all dam allys do on me when they level :skull: how dare they boo hoo u protect ur eggs or something

TBF, they would if the FCM was sensible, Punyelf.

What we got was absolute trash.

People were mostly complaining about being split from their friends. Making a new realm and letting ppl xfer there didn’t help with that.

Had they made free xfer from any realm to any realm (except realms frequently full) at the same time they made the latest FCM (sept 5th? or smth?), they’d have been able to salvage a lot. People would’ve made sure they were on the same servers and there’d be a lot less queue issues.

Instead we got a solution to an issue that didn’t exist, leaving the issue that did exist without a solution. (FCM from Gehennas to Earthshaker = solution to non-existent issue. FCM from Gehennas to any realm that at the time of the latest FCMs wasn’t in some insane queue half the time = solution to the actual issue. It’d let players go to a realm they wanted to, as well as letting people on the busiest realms get away from them without having others jump back on them to fill them up again.)

Had they done it this way, there’d have been VERY few complaints, and the complainers would’ve been easily shooed away with a “if you want to play with your friends, xfer to the same realm as them, or a new realm where you all go.”

1 Like
  1. This is just bs. I am roughly the same level as u on a full/high server and haven’t got any problems with quest mobs. Sure ocassionally u find more people doing
    The same quest. Nothing different then vanilla. But guess u didnt play that right?

2. Another bs story. Let me tell u: first weeks/months vanilla it was practically the same. Alot of low lvl mats and not
    Much people to buy them = low prices. I can see having lots of black lotus or decilsaur can be a problem, but atm it is not.

3. Not big and dangerous… yeah, good arguments

Blizzard won’t open a new realm, especially whilst we have 3 low-medium realms already.

There will almost certainly be new servers at Phase 2 if Classic remains overpopulated.

But all 3 low-medium are PvP. What about some PvE servers? The’re all high only medium at 2-4 or 10-11 am when most ppl sleep ore work.

1. Yes I played VAnilla, not for long, as I began playing in October 2006. Last week I did “Stolen Silver” on my Hordie. It was a Quest, I looked forward to doing again. Killing those dangeous 'saurs one by one, hoping not to die. Finally getting to the end of their place, getting the silver and HS out, as I did so not want to have to fight my way through all th respawns (that’s how I remembered it from Vanilla … and from the last stress test).
    No way Jose! So many ppl there, that I could just walk in, grab the silver, kill one single respawn - all I managed to tag of the massive respawn - and walk out again. And this is how I experience Classic. That is - for me - not the way Vanilla was.
  2. Shoot the AH, I just wondered about lots of items below vendor price. I only use AH to buy vanity items :wink:
  3. Yes it actually is a good argument, because that is how it felt first time around, and again in Demo and Stress tests, and what I fully expected to experience again in live Classic.
    But each to his own. You play as you like. If you want to hurry to 60, run spell cleawe dungeons, sell / buy Devilsaur leather ect. I won’t tell you not to.
    But you can’t dictate how I have to play and how I have to feel about this overly populated world.
1 Like

So let me get this straight, moving from a server with queues to a new server without queues wouldn’t have solved the issue but moving from the same server to an already populated server likely causing queues in that server would have solved the issue?

I seriously do not follow your logic on this one.

If you had said that the FCM should have been open to anyone on that server, not just those currently stuck in a queue, I would agree with you as that would make it easier for people to migrate as a group. Just letting players go where they want willy nilly wouldn’t have solved the issue just moved it to a different server.

You don’t seem to understand. Start the xfers during prime time. People can actively see what servers have what kind of population. They know what they’re getting into, and pick accordingly. You’re gonna see almost nobody pick a server about to hit queue hell. It’s plain logic.

If people were trying to decide where to group up and there were 6 servers with 3k+ queues during primetime, do you think they’d choose to go there? No. They’d go to the ones listed as medium/high but without queues.

At which point you are just moving the queue problem to the medium/high pop but no queues realms. All you are doing here is shifting the problem around and not solving it.

1. Because you played end 2006, by then people were long gone past leveling
    In barrens. I actually was there from
    The beginning and it was exactly that.

2. Call it what u want, again everything was exactly the same in vanilla.

3. Duuuuude. I started with: “ im about the same lvl as u”. How the f do u think im doing any of that?

It is funny, how STREAMERS told u, they are going on that specific realm, and if u dont want have streams on that realm, please roll another realm. Since ALL streamers decited to do that. They are on 1 same realm, so u can choose non-streaming realm and live happy life, and now u are crying