Can we please have our characters' identity/agency back?

Yeah but Crazy Cat Lady is Auriaya. There is no male equivalent to Auriaya.

edit: never mind, terrible brain. :smiley:

I’ve heard, never checked, that Tagalog (or some other language from that region) has more than one gender. I’ve heard it as a reason as to why there are, apparently, so many trans people in Thailand. But again, never fact checked.

Problem isn’t having more than the classic pronouns, the problem is making everyone gender neutral without asking them. So just go with male/female as the default, because it’s true 99.9% of the cases. And if you really want to waste (imo) money, go add other options.

I like that one more. But that’s probably because I greatly prefer dogs over cats, so I’m biased.

But the overal idea is the same:
Person who lives alone with one or more pets as the ‘main focus of their social life’.
To make it more gender-based (since antihero isn’t that), one could maybe change it into: Grumpy Dog-Owning Guy.

I think ‘in general’ cats are more of a woman’s pet and dogs are more of a man’s pet.
IN GENERAL! Don’t get upset people! :kissing_heart:

Living alone with pets as their main focus in life isn’t super common for guys I think.
Men are generally more interested in objects so an equivalent to crazy cat lady is probably something like crazy car/gun/hi-fi guy

1 Like

Guess I’m not a man.

3 Likes

As a reminder, male and female no longer exist. Only ‘Body Type 1’ and ‘Body Type 2’.

:dracthyr_crylaugh:

3 Likes

Those are the only qualifying characteristics of a man, yes.
Guns, grillin’, thunderfuries and cars.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s more sophisticated than that really, but at a fundamental level you’re also not wrong. It is all linear algebra.

I’ve just checked it and you are indeed correct! Tagalog only features one 3rd person pronoun for he, she, and it, and it’s siya.

The same applies to Chinese as I mentioned, where it’s always tā, but as soon as you write it becomes 他/她/它 and there’s even some special ones like referring to an honoured dead in 3rd person, which is 祂.

In any case, for our languages, it really feels quite dehumalizing to never be referred to with your pronouns, and I understand that this is the same argument that many genderqueer people were making, but this one sticks a lot harder because it’s so apparently visible - XY vs XX causes a ton of physical differences - which means that it has stuck through the ages in most languages and it’s not likely to be going anywhere. Japanese, as a counterweight to Chinese, even has different pronouns for 1st person depending on whether you’re male or female yourself! (わたし vs. あたし - especially for young women and girls, and that’s just getting started. It’s kindda nuts how complicated it is)

1 Like

crazy cat man

there fixed it.

There’s only two Either a lady or man in that title.

Bit hyped about next expansion we are seeing more men taking the spot now and Dragonflight finally forgotten as the daycare feeling it was.

Thrall in Full plate means bossiness.

Tah?

1 Like
2 Likes

Interesting, Estonian also uses only one third person pronoun for he, she and it. And it is also “ta”. Written the same all the time too.

Sweden added a word for ‘‘it’’ as well. But we never use it.

In school we learned you either born a man or die a man or woman.

very simple

Swedish word ‘‘hen’’ means he and she at the same time. Really do not know why we even need a word like that today.

Hope we see more of Thrall this season bit hyped for men entering the story again.

I feel offended by the fact that my Tauren is not addressed as ‘she’. Why is me breing offended less important than that of the small minority that want to use ‘they’? Where is the outrage about this choice being taken away? Or the fact that I can no longer choose female/male, but am forced to be happy with type 1/2?

Just at least add the option to choose so I can be done with this forced inclusivity that is actually exclusivity.

1 Like

I think this started with Khadgar saying champion back in wod just saying.

also wow have always been neutral its just wow took a new look towards removing gender identity in this expack because of a genderless new race.

Yes!

And that’s enough Chinese for this thread.

2 Likes

I don’t mind being called a male title, like Champion (there isn’t a female version for that anyway). I want to be she/her. That’s it. With male/female symbols in the character screen.

4 Likes

Would be nice to have something like a gender in game that isn’t ‘YOU’’ but ‘us’. I get you.

Cheer up someday they got to wake up from this drag of expansion.

There’s at least 0.00001% non-binary westerners who demand they/them pronouns you bigot.

1 Like

I identify myself a High elf High priest

So my pronoun is H.H. Anzhela Owlyhiltova

Or Her Highness as you prefer.

1 Like