Can we please have our characters' identity/agency back?

I think this started with Khadgar saying champion back in wod just saying.

If you pay for the delivery i can send you a tinfoil hat. If it fits my pinkie it will definitely be perfect for your head as well.

also wow have always been neutral its just wow took a new look towards removing gender identity in this expack because of a genderless new race.

I’m pretty sure devs and writers were using proper grammar before 2020 US election, especially before 2010. This whole inclusivity thing is on steroids for the last 4 years.
Other than krapgar everyone else was referring to us by our CORRECT pronoun. You know you picked male, they were referring to you as he/him, and she/her when you picked female. It has always been simple up until troonflight.

Well, like I said before. There’s already signs for gendered language based on if you play male or female in the pre-patch event. Wonder if they’ll keep it through TWW.

1 Like

Or ‘knife ears’ for short. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Didnt get it

think people can make one them selfs.

Upon discussing this with my friends, as I was curious on their stance, I have discovered possibly my favourite subgenre of pronouns, they are simply god/godself pronouns.

It’s exactly what it sounds like, I am simply a god and am to be reffered to as such, until something else peaks my interest they will remain.

I want to protest the cencorship. My post had, next to the initial post, the most hearts yet it got removed. Just because it offends some people is not a good enough reason to remove it.

:military_helmet: dropped for all of you

My opinion is valid and accepted by the broad general playerbase:
Bring back female/male in the menu and use gendered language, this may or may not include the usual third option. I also think renaming male/female to bodytype 1,2 is an affront to the people’s intelligence, the correct move would probably have been to make a third option (but that, my dear friends, did in the end indeed probably cost too much money).

1 Like

Literally the most pointless thread in this forum’s history, to try and suggest something that is made by some SJW. Don’t like it? Don’t play.

How so? I’m only asking for them to bring back something we had prior to DF.

2 Likes

The thread is about bringing choice back. Currently you can’t even really chose male or female, only a “body type”. So how does this have anything to do with SJW…

Don’t like reading the thread? Don’t do it then…or something like that I guess…

2 Likes

I dont understand why they changed it to body 1&2 named options but I dont care enough really and I can still find the looks Im going for even tho the character selection is less intuitive to use now. Also what somebody sees themselves in real has nothing to do for the character his making in a game so changing it to say something else makes no difference. I think it was strange to change them but I just dont care enough tbh, I make characters from both options just the same and find them, but I agree it was not needed, would rather see the effort put into something else in the game.

WoW is not the only game that’s done this. I think the vast majority of games that are made now with character creators have “body type” instead of male and female.

This is most likely because there’s people who don’t identify as either.

Oh, I was not aware of that, they should added the third option then if something was needed to be done. Im really clueless tbh sorry I just select options in video game for characters that Im trying to make to look something that I had idea for them or some name I had which inspirated me like Rixxa Fluxflame from motherlode in bfa and then Im making a goblin hunter with the looks and similar name to it.

A third option would definitely be the best option. Besides I’m not sure why they have to get rid of “male” and “female” when those aren’t the genders but the sexes. It didn’t say “man” or “woman” anywhere on the character creation screen.

2 Likes

i wish we had more choices and choices matter at all in the game and story go differently with each choice for player

5 Likes

I checked. My priest, in english, is high priest however i set it up as male or female. In italian and french it changes accordingly to the gender i choose to play it. Most probably it’s the same about the other languages but english. To say the truth, i was expecting to read High Priestess in the english version. Can’t understand why Blizzard made it this way for the english version, i agree with you, it’s wrong.

6 Likes

That’s interesting. That title is from Legion, and I don’t see why they’d keep it the same for both all the way back then other than they either forgot or did it on purpose. But if it’s different for other languages then I don’t know. Pretty weird and inconsistent.

It’s the unfortunate reality of the world we live in today, where the LGBT community preaches diversity but then removes options from anybody who doesn’t conform and silences them in the name of tolerance.

Unfortunately, this is just another example of that.
Blizzard is happy to preach to us about gender neutrality and give us 2-hour questlines involving gender neutral gnolls and gay centaurs but denies us the ability to identify as our own genders in-game.

Some of us have played this game since vanilla. The people saying “don’t like it don’t play” are essentially saying that we should give up the game we grew up with just because of some virtue signalling.

10 Likes

My gender identity is a Tyrannosaurus where are my roar/roar pronouns blizzard?

1 Like

It didn’t say “man” or “woman” anywhere on the character creation screen.

Because it should be common sense. Maybe not for the first worlder who has nothing better to do with their time other than making up 20 new different pronouns per day, but the rest of the world still capable of thinking rationally.

2 Likes