Can we please have our characters' identity/agency back?

Well the good thing is they haven’t touched the old texts, so it’s only DF. So if they can’t do DF at least they can give us the option moving forward.

One of the posters in here said something about using the Italian client and that being gendered so maybe the code is already there?

2 Likes

This would probably have come with the interface piece where other players could see which pronouns we go by and how to whisper to us etc.

Probably too much too fast for a lot of players and a business risk.

It will come soon, for sure.

2 Likes

I fully support this.

Why? Because we have gendered titles already like Count/Countess and Baron/Baroness from Faillands, so why not give the title of “High Priestess” to female characters. Tyrande, Laurena, High Elf Liadrin - all have/nearly had the title of “High Priestess.”

6 Likes

No, just go for gendered solution. It covers 99.9% of the player base, no stupid discussions arise and it’s straight forward. Everything else is more expensive because you need teams to deal with this issue, you alient the player base (see the spanish speaking community) and everyone knows it’s just to score points.

If they wanna make a real effort, I’m fine with that but me, you and everyone else know it’s just not a real effort. They do not care at all, not the slightest. And the players feel that and it negatively impacts the game. (Not the pronouns and stuff in itself but doing it without being authentic.)

11 Likes

I don’t care about this stuff at all as long as it isn’t forced upon me and I have the option to set it to my liking. To whom it matters, I hope it betters their gaming experience.

4 Likes

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I don’t have a problem wanting different pronouns. I would just prefer not to lose mine in the process.

4 Likes

I think from my understanding he doesn’t care much about “the others” to have a gender neutral option.

Oh and he thinks blizz is only trying to collect some imaginary points with implementing gender neutrality and not trying to make an actual effort.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I would like to see characters and the main story characters recognize my character and adress it as they should, too. I don’t know why a fantasy RPG set in a totally fantasy world is suddenly ridden with wokeness problems from the real world.

5 Likes

Always remember: Body type 1 will always be male, no matter the game, and female number 2.

3 Likes

I don’t particularly care but could Blizz not just let us * gasp * choose our character’s pronouns?

2 Likes

And you ve no idea what they did in other languages like mine or as I heard also in spanish.

I turned the game in english version because its annoying as f.to read and listen.

In my language, words have gender. And there are rules like :

If in a groupe there are :

1 male and 1 or + female = the global pronoun is male for making equality and no difference between people.

You also can t feminise title like army ranks, political role and rank and job function.

But blizzard decided to make they own rules and we have to read and listen

“Male word + female word, repeating and repeating” breaking the global pronoun rule we learned at school.

They also decided to feminise what its forbidden to feminise

Its enough to annoy you on long term and turn the game in english

1 Like

Yes, please.
Interacting with npc’s and questing feels so impersonal and disconnected now.

3 Likes

I wish to be referred to by my gender neutral title.

CHAMPION!

6 Likes

Looks like the topic got unflagged. Thanks Blizz!

4 Likes

The light is strong in my bloodline, my holy protections are SSS+

2 Likes

Best solution would be client-side options for this stuff. If you want to be called they/them or whatever just select the option and done. Imo the rest of us shouldn’t get forced into this nor should we have to change who we are just because of very few individuals.

6 Likes

yeah its a good topic. its not attacking anyone

1 Like

The topic itself is fine, it’s just a magnet for people who can’t stand something that is different from them or the old favourite of having to plaster woke in a comment. Also shows moderation works :slight_smile:

The voice options made me smile because my friend forgot to choose his in another game and every time he landed or got hit his male character made these high pitched noises and it used to really irritate him. Made me laugh so much until they added the ability to change those options in game with an update. Now he’s back to sounding a deeper tone :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

When the options were datamined I thought it was really nice. I’m guessing they hit a snag somewhere or decided against it. It could simply have involved too much work. I’m not actually a big fan of being referred to as they/them, but I’m not offended by it either. Language evolves and pronouns are something you can set on just about everything online these days.

8 Likes

Honestly, I feel that most people here would like that.
I have little problem with being called “hero” or “champion” (especially since it’s mostly used to substitute our names), but I would like for my characters to be referred to for what they are.

2 Likes

Same. I’m not offended by it, but quest texts are personal anyways, and I don’t care what other people see on their screens.

NGL though looking through the comments I didn’t expect that many people to agree with me. I wasn’t even sure many people were even aware of this since I haven’t seen any topics or anyone at all discuss it in the past two years since they changed it. Except the couple of times I’ve talked about titles in-game with someone.

3 Likes