Can we please skip the Cataclysm expansion for WoW Classic?

Sure, I’m not saying anything so extreme would happen with WoW. That still doesn’t make it smart to just start handing out servers for every single expansion.

That much I can agree with, but I don’t really see much of a risk in trying at least TBC/WotLK.

Heck, the three expansions combined could actually end up supporting each other as much as they’d compete with each other. Many players have literally “cycled” through the original WoW trilogy at least once. Having TBC/WotLK available might help having those players come back to Classic eventually.

That being said, I think it’d take more before Blizzard would even consider Cata+ servers. And I’m not saying this because I’m not interested in playing those - I’m not interested in WotLK either, for that matter.

Well, if it comes to it I don’t really have a position on the issue. I’m attacking our cheese-named friend’s claim that there’s no place for #nochanges, not his opinion on whether changes are actually a good idea or not.

I think #nochanges is a valid stance, and one that frankly is so common and well-discussed at this point that going over it again from scratch every time it comes up would be redundant.

4 Likes

Skip lie-gion & wrath of catchup king instead of Chadtaclysm. Worst expansions ever.

1 Like

MoP was excellent, but I hated Cata. So it’s really just opinion.

Absolutely not since you need some people to move to the meeting stone. It’s just what warlocks already allow, but now the warlock can be the one late.

Cataclysm was a pretty good expansion - before Dragonsoul and nerfed heroics.

3 Likes

I have said this before and I will say it again. Cataclysm was the best expansion and I really enjoyed it. I have great memories as raid leader…

1 Like

You might be dead by then, enjoy the now

What is wrong with you?

WOW was good game until WotLK. Cataclysm and all following expansions is horrible.:grin:

2 Likes

And here is the seed of ruination. What on earth are you even talking about? If theres ever gonna be Cataclysm it would be like 6 years from now. And still they wouldn’t force anyone to play that crap because it is literally the final end of anything that would be left of classic.

2 Likes

All my friends agree that TBC was golden era of wow. May be i would remove fly mounts but in rest it was best balanced game in terms of farm/difficulty/fun. I would be happy if after classic we have TBC and after that comletely new expansion with TBC soul/core.

3 Likes

Everything is ofc subjective, but most of the people I know think WoW peaked in wotlk. Inclusive myself.

For the longest time, TBC was/is considered peak WoW. I think it’s more down to the game changing so dramatically from Cata onwards, that now Vanilla, TBC, and WOTLK, are all seen on par. I’ve seen a lot more people saying WOTLK was peak, i think that’s because it’s the most recent “classic” expansion so the last one in people’s memories.

I say we skip Cata, WoD and BFA.

1 Like

You know, its funny, it became a trend to hate on MoP, when everyone who actually played this expansion will tell you that it had the bets clas design ever in WoW, the story was well written and the game was really enjoyable.

But most people are like “Noooo, my cartoony RPG game now has Pandas, that not gritty enough, Pandas are for kids, i am cool so i only like adult stuff and hate Pandas REEEEEEE!!!”

Seriously, every time I ask someone “Why do you hate MoP” they only say “Pandas” and when I ask “why” the always bring the same points they read on some youtubers video…

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I hated the panda announcement but I had to respect the execution. It was the first expansion to really go all-in on LFR, though, so it loses points for that.

2 Likes

Yeah no changes for the next 20 years pls…

6 Likes

All!

10 chars.

1 Like