Can we please skip the Cataclysm expansion for WoW Classic?

Once you wanted a classic wow, so here you go. from my opinion I don’t want any expansion. Classic forever !

6 Likes

Officially WoW peaked in WOTLK with 12 million subs. And that’s just a fact.

OP is a troll, ignore him.

Blizzard needs to try and keep idiots like this off the forums.

2 Likes

Wow, what a plot twist!

Yes, no flying mounts in The Burning Crusade expansion for WoW Classic.

And perhaps the Wrath of the Lich King is salvageable as an expansion if you do some changes to it but after that it should be brand new expansions for WoW Classic that only adds new content in new areas and doesn’t remove or change the old content.

Eh?

By skip you mean force every server to upgrade to WotLK - then bypass Crapaclysm and Pandaland, going straight to WoD?

Think I’ll pass thank you. Classic is a static world, it should never upgrade to expansion content. Any expansion content should be on entirely separate servers, and even then, what’s the point of going any stage past WotLK?

We can already play the post-Crapaclysm stuff on retail, all with the same mega-simplified mechanics. None of it’s been removed. If I wanted to play Legion and nothing beyond that I’d just lock my XP at that level.

No WoD ever for WoW Classic… in fact no Retail expansions for WoW Classic after a reworked WotLK.

Which is pretty much what I said.

2 Likes

To clarify what I want for WoW Classic:

A reworked TBC expansion with no flying mounts ever.

A reworked WotLK expansion.

No more Retail expansions for WoW Classic after the reworked WotLK expansion but only brand new and unique content that is not in Retail.

But do NOT install the late WotLK dungeon finder.
Preferably also get rid of resilience and pet normalization, that came in patch 2.0. Ruined all of the fun of PVP and hunters respectively.

1 Like

I would say WotLK was beggining of the end. DK ruined a lot of charm and balance. It was WotLK when Bliz implemented “bring a person not a class”, right?
I wote for TBC only.

Death Knights should have been exclusively reserved for the top PvP:ers on each faction per server and not handed out to everyone with a level 55+ char… Blizzard really fcuked up on this one.

people are so naive.

they wont skip any expansion.

do you know why ? because they finaly found recipe that they always wanted for their precious “yearly releases”

we will without doubt get every single legacy expansions eventually .

because it means literaly ton of $$$$ for them

Everything after Vanilla is just another expansion.
Just another expansion that tried to fix one aspect of the game, and completely broke several other, only to repeat that vicious cycle over and over again.
You either play current retail content or “classic”. Anything else is just you being in your autistic happy place.

Uugh, another pro-changes person.

Classic but with LFG and transmog, TBC but with no flying, WotLK but with Garrisons… etc. etc.

No thank you. I’ll take TBC servers, but only exactly as they were in 2007. #nochanges.

You actually want the same thing as me. :wink:

A reworked TBC expansion with no flying mounts ever.

A reworked WotLK expansion.

That is absolutely not what I want.

Oh you do… you just don’t know it yet. :wink:

No.
(ten is the requisite number of characters required to create an appropriate response)

People seemed to like the Guild Wars 2 inspiried island, but it got dull pretty quick. I barely played 3 weeks of any WoW expansion past Wotlk. All I remember from them was a few new zones, a few new faceroll dungeons, LFR and Cooldown based PvP.
It’s all a blur tbh. I can’t remember which zones that belong to which expansion.

If I can throw in my 2 cents, I’d rather have rolling server resets just like Diablo ladders. My experience from pvt servers is that people seem to enjoy rolling on fresh servers all the time.