Can you add Tier crafting next week?

I don’t know if we all are, or whether if that’s correct or not. But if you haven’t played in the higher end of m+, I feel like that disqualifies your opinion in regards to whether tier bonuses make a significant difference or not.

As to whether if tier pieces should be handed out like free candy, ofc not. But a better way of earning the pieces I feel is in order, so players aren’t at the mercy of pure lottery of the vault. Lottery is not earned in any way shape or form.

And that’s all I’m saying patience isn’t a bad thing

This is the worst feeling ever

This is what I’m fighting against and what I feel most people want nowadays. I’m just scared blizzard will listen to this and remove tier again.
Maybe do it how they used to have a set bonus for pvp one for raid and I guess one for mythic plus now. Each would drop from that content (pvp for honour points) and maybe some kind of currency to buy missing pieces like valor

Indeed. That’s why I feel that sets are not really for how the game works today.

I remember well back in the day, when we just waited for the the group to be done (either the raid cleared, or by decision to call it), and we’d all roll for tokens. If you got one, you could not roll on an other, except of course if all that were on it already got some.

Today, we still have tokens, but the loot attributions rules changed, and in that case I feel it’s for the worse.

If anything, it’s making people frustrated in raids. Yes you are incentived to participate in raids, but some will have to wait until the end to have a shot, while some other dude would just leave as soon as he got his piece, or will stay and might just go all of them.

Because they saw how easy it was to get it in wrath classic. It took me 3weeks of Ulduar/daily H+ to have 4/4 in wrath.

3 weeks into DF season2 and I am sitting on 0/4 (but to be fair, I am only doing m+).

Yeah loot rules are fairer cos it group loot rather then master loot (my guild uses loot council but points the same)

That’s one way of doing it. We prio getting a 2 or 4 set then off pieces (I think)

Regardless, smaller margin sure, but still important.

And as i was saying, not needed until those you play it with want you to have it.

You’re right, there are different ways to give tokens that are more fair.

And that could be the core issue tbh. It’s why (some) complain about the Tier. It can feel fairly unfair ( :upside_down_face:) to get it, and it prompts people to complain and propose new ways of getting it that would not include that level of frustration.

In the end, I don’t feel it’s about getting handed things on a silver platter, rather a symptom of how these old systems still impact a game, that has changed a lot over the years.

Might be wrong though. Or it might just be a little bit of both.

Plenty of people had 4set the first week of this season too? A quick check on rio would give you a good estimation of how many compared to WotLK classic too, I’d wager it’s very similar.

The problem is the M+ crowd is at the complete mercy of vault lottery, similar to what you mentioned in your personal anecdotal findings. In fact, you could be so unlucky that you don’t see a single tier piece in all of your vaults, before the catalyst comes out. That’s a major problem, especially if you are playing on a “competitive” m+ level, but don’t raid.

Oh for sure I literally left guilds in the past cos I was frustrated by the loot rules

I just feel the idea of getting what you earn is or should be core to an mmo. It’s part of the rpg of mmorpg

Tier sets shouldn’t exist at all anyway. It’s just frustrating for everyone and I say it as someone who already has 4 sets on characters

No just no

In this weird timeframe between the start of the season and 2 or 3 weeks after the release of the catalyst, it’s sadly no just about competitive (though the word can mean different things to different people).

As soon as it’s possible to get your 4set, and before it’s widely available thanks to the catalyst, some (not all, of course) group leaders will ask for 4 set in keys that don’t really need them.

It’s the same logic that applies in another topic about getting in 11 to 15 keys while not being 430+.

The reasons is of course pugging and its inherent issues, but also how freaking powerful some of these sets are, and how it’s prompting people into asking for it even though it’s not really needed, but just because it will make the key SO MUCH easier.

And it can also be quite frustrating to have to wait for the new 4p to give up your old one. Some specs sims still higher with 4x415 previous tier than 4x437 non-tier.

You play all these dungeons, you “earn” your loot, but cannot profit from it because the concept of tier sets and poor balance don’t mix up well.

Interesting quotations (the speach marks)

You do realize there’s a difference between putting the effort and putting the effort and have nothing to show for right? RIGHT? Nah, you’re a fotm rider.

Ofc I realise that. Uhm hardly I’ve played this guy since day 1

So someone doing Raid Finder earn tier set but someone doing 20s dont.

Me and my friend did some bosses on normal, with his warlock. One run.

He got 4-set from the raid, from that one run, from having no pieces, meanwhile not a single piece dropped for my priest. They really shouldn’t be gating the catalyst.

If we’re getting a gated catlyst in season 3 as well I think I’m a goner. I’m not going to sit and play for several weeks with pretty much no shot at getting 4 pieces, again.

Not exactly what I said but yea tier has always been a raiding drop so if you want to rely on the vault and catalyst vs someone who does even just rf yes Rey will likely get four set first and why not. Tier has always been a raiding thing