Cannot log into any realm WOW51900328

You may need to restart your PC.
If that does not work, go on the login screen for WoW open your settings. Select “Network” and enable “Enable IPv6 when available”. Try and login after that.

I’d say you are either using some mobile connection or your router/ISP modifies the TTL values (which is uncommon, but some ISPs do that).

Any updates or ETA for a fix?

You guys locked us out of the game - a game for which we PAY. This is not charity nor you need any considering the mountains of money you are sitting on. Get your **** together, ADMIT that there is something wrong and fix it ASAP like growns-up do.

Also, cut the crap about Linux and 4G because I’m on Win 10 and cable and still can’t get past “logging into game server”.

3 Likes

Have you tried the below? Seems to be working for those on Windows 10. There are several different issues all happening at the same time.

2 Likes

this worked for me

Same problem. Start at last night, and the problem looks like solved before 2 hours. But now still alive again, and cant log in. (Ragnaros EU)

it’s basically going to keep happening, for as long as the DDoS attackers are up and from the looks of it, it’s been going on for 2 days now since the 7th of September, according to Blizzard’s own Twitter.

I was waiting in the queue for 3hrs and then I just cant connect. TWO DAYS ALREADY !
btw linux too

This seems to have been the culprit for me too. For my fellow Linux users, the equivalent command is:

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128

To make it permanent, run:

echo "net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128" | sudo tee /etc/sysctl.d/01-ipv4-ttl.conf
# Reload settings
sudo sysctl --system
4 Likes

changing the ttl on *nix system absolutely works :slight_smile:
now i am back in the queue lol

Doesn’t work at all and, honestly, it’s not my problem to fix their mess. I already have a job and what I demand by a company offering a service (for which I pay for!) is to DELIVER.

In my world, if you don’t deliver either you get sued or you pay the customer for the damage.

2 Likes

not sure how successful suing them would be since the ddos is not their fault. their fault might be not to have an expensive contract with some company that provides ddos protection services like cloudflare

It’s definitely their fault if all of the people in this thread and god knows how many can’t login. They just applied a rough, undergrad-level, band-aid solution which hurts the customers. But we are expendable, aren’t we? In the end, we are not the one paying… oh wait a second…

2 Likes

Fix perfect for debian 10

idiot question, the default value is ?

if the ddos is big enough (e.g. like miraj, huge amounts of clients in the botnet) there is no proper way to block this without locking players out. but it is their fault, sure, very smart answer dude :rofl:

edit: miraj actually targeted dyn as global dns provider, i dont know what is the target here though

It is their fault, you’re just assuming the worst, possible issue on Blizzard’s end and being unrealistically charitable.

You may as well have said they’re fighting the Leviathan, outside of Blizzard HQ, or the Tiamat.

We didn’t pay for a service that we can’t access because of this, to which WE Pay Up For Blizzard’s Mistakes and I seriously doubt this is anything like Miraj.

If it was Miraj, Blizzard’s ISP would be down since day 1 of these issues.

1 Like

The default for ubuntu/mint so probably debian is 64

agree partially. it is probably some kid who bought some bots for bitcoins, yes

Well I can fix ttl on my *Nix. But it gets iverriden by my Android hotspot (LTE) later. Any solution for that? VPN?

Ok, i tried all described ways to fix this, still no result. It’s ridiculous, 2 days I get disconnected at 7 p. m. sharp, and then I just can’t log in. English, german, russian realms just won’t let me in.
BTW, greetings from russian community, people there are having the same issues since yesterday.