Cata Classic is dead

Few weeks.

F.E.W W.E.E.K.S

We cleared it in like the 3rd one. And we didn’t cleared it not because it was hard, but because we run out of …raid time as after 2.5-3 hours, people started to go to bed, work, whatever.

It seems you do, LOL…

Good! Cata = Bad. This is what you know already, right?

Great!

Ah yes, sleep and work, such casual things that WoW players do not engage in… :roll_eyes: Don’t tell me you also eat food?

So you put words in my mouth like :

Then when I tell you that you are full of … things, your next reply is … that one ?

Dude! You are worst than Yzzie. At least that guy (?) now knows his place. You seems to keep going.

Oh, btw, how is with 90k raiders in EU? LOL …

EDIT : Classic SOD have almost half the Raiders of Cataclysm! LOL, that is pathetic because SOD is like … what? 1 year old ?

https://ironforge.pro/population/sod/overall/

HAHAHAHAHAHA. It had almost double the population in his prime!! Man, Cata Bad!

Anyway!

If it was by Blizzard, they wouldn’t even release Cataclysm. I am 110% sure about it. But because MoP will follow, which is better than Cataclysm and then WOD , another bad expansion like Cata, Legion is where they want to go to. Where Classic will shine again.

I see no reason to go further, I’m just doing this because I’m home day 14 with covid and bored to death.

But mate, you really need to take a look at what you’re implying here. You’re saying your progression in a widely recognized easy raid tier was lacking behind 3 (?) weeks because you had to solo carry your “chill” (not bad) guild. And the reason it took you so long is not because it was hard, but because you have to sleep and work. You really think your “chill” guild are the only ones playing this game that works for a living and goes to sleep in the evening? Stop making poor excuses.

With all that said, it still has nothing to do with the initial question you were asked.

WTF? Did COVID really hit you that hard, “mate” ?

Ironic! I.R.O.N.I.C

Ok, I’m done with you.

Be well and stay away from complex conversations. Seems they are not doing you any good.

Wotlk = bad, Cata = good. That’s what you need to know.

Got it? Great!

Now off you go.

Ironforge updated again. Cata’s pvp/raider population is down from 171637 to 152050. This is around the same population Wrath had 5 weeks before it ended. So the debate is pointless. Cata is scoring half the numbers of TBC. It’s the least played expansion. By far.

I wonder if the population drops even more before Firelands that should release in 5 weeks.

3 Likes

In the latest episode of the WoWCast podcast, the developers shared their plans for celebrating the 20th anniversary of World of Warcraft. Players can expect a very rich program of events.
Much is written about the celebration in retail.
And us? Have they forgotten about us? How will the anniversary celebration take place at the Classic? Or are we second-rate players.

This, pretty much. In Blizzards eyes, we are probably retail customers getting a free Classic WoW charity game mode as part of our retail subscription.

3 Likes

We’re getting a PTR to test a quest sequence. And Firelands raid PTR in a coming weekend. Is that not enough I ask?!

1 Like

For some people, not only raids are important! I want a big party for my anniversary, since I’ve been playing for 15 out of 20 years!

2 Likes

The level of hate and ingorance of some of these comments are so unneccesary.

Cata is still old school WoW, there is a few thing to farm on daily basis vs retail on a long run. Not everybody has millions of alts that needs to be levelled, and geared, I presume many have already got everything they would buy with valor, therefore farming it is not neccesary for them, ergo they won’t log in that often.

Another reason, even it’s a clihe, is that the average playerbase is old, which especially true for Classic. I am 36, and my age is the average in my guild (or older), and above 30 not everyone can, or want to play the game all day everyday, since there are tons of other more important things need to be done first.

Lastly, the way how Blizz f.ed up the launch of Classic Cata, leaving out the whole prepatch event, and never once say we are terrible sorry. This ignorance effects the game every since (broken transmog, buggy quests, missing triggered-story events, etc), it’s the company, not the product that make things bad.

3 Likes

Since when Cata is classic WoW? Its literally the expansion that killed the game, its the pivotal point of wow timeline that they lost most of their original playerbase.
Cant wait for deluded people to defend Classic Legion saying its still oldshool!

3 Likes

Vanilla is on one end of the spectrum, retail on the other. Obviously cata isnt exactly like vanilla, but its much closer to vanilla than it is to retail. Same with mop and even wod btw.
Retail became a completely different game with bfa, and dragon flight, war within + the next couple of expansions are exactly like bfa, just with different content.
tldr:
Pre bfa/legion is indeed classic, because classic isnt defined by how many hours you spend leveling to maxlvl, or whether you have quality of life changes or not.

In WOTLK phase 1 it took just over 2 hours each week to clear Naxx, Malygos and Sartharion, including sorting out loot at the end. It was very casual friendly, I only raided on one char but most of the people in the guild had many alts they raided on.

It actually caused a bit of an issue for me because in Ulduar people would prio fast clears and raiding on many alts over progressing hardmodes like Yogg 0 which offered no additional loot, but was hard. I ended up having to find another guild, which did focus on clearing all hardmodes, but that guild also had a lot of alt players which made our ICC10man raiding as a guild impossible to organise.

I’d argue that WOTLK was extremely alt friendly, to the point many people couldn’t help themselves but powerfarm fast clears on alts.

10-15+ minute queues for both PvE and PvP during prime-time, forget late nights or afternoons. Completely silent LFG chat.

The War Within (temporarily) killed Cata, understandably, as it is the hotter version of retail (at least during launch).

Cata started losing players sharply way before TWW. It dropped by around 35% from its peak population before TWW. Now post TWW, the decline is 50%. Cata killed itself.

2 Likes

I like how TBC and Wotlk forums were mostly about how the game is cool and all and some technicalities, and cataclysm forum is about

1. Bringing tbc and wotlk back
  2. Wondering who in their right mind thought that cataclysm, the wow killer, the expansion that ended the hype, the beginning of retail madness, is the CLASSIC experience
    Yes, those are two most popular threads. What a pity.
2 Likes

Uhmm… no? Idk about TBC but WOTLK forums were flodded with people crying about how the expansion was made for raid loggers, they either cry because phase 1 was ezpz or cry because phase 2 was too hard/time consuming. Phase 3 was raid logging/boring and Phase 4 was overrated. The main thing people complained about was how boring and overrated the expansion was.

Most people that were asking for vanilla>tbc>wotlk>repeat cycle went back to pservers to kill LK for the quntillion time in them lifes.

So what? They are still are raiding with someone and not everyone got 3 raiding alts. More players like them support more raids.