Cata Classic is dead

If it was TBC or Wotlk, probably we would have some short of … anniversary events. But with Cata? Nope, not worth the time.

I mean … of course. Its Cataclysm. The less played expansion in the history of Classics…by a LOT.

Problem is…I don’t think it will gain players when Firelands releases.

152k raiders, 69k in EU , LOL. At this very point, people raid with multiple chars. So … Cata EU = 20k players?

Edit: Just logged in Cata to see the server population. Mirage Raceway was marked as FULL at the beginning of the expansion, because it also merged with other servers, and now is Medium! LOL …

1 Like

I did not say people raiding with multiple alts is a bad thing. You’ve misinterpreted my statement.

Well so far in all of Classic history, people return to the game when a new raid tier releases. We can safely assume that this will happen for Cata Classic as well. I’d be surprised if it weren’t the case.

However there are some questions:
(1) There’s still a month before Fireland launches. How low will Cata’s population drop by then?
(2) In Wrath, when a new tier launched, populations recovered to 80% of the peak population of the previous phase. Firelands seems like a popular raid. So what would a realistic bounce up be for Cata?

We will know in 6 weeks.

Its dead for everyone casual who want to mmorpg and have fun.

Its now 100% GDKP\GBID meta spam and feels more like a job than a game to organize or participate in raids. Blizzard should have banned GDKP in classic before cataclysm but they didnt and now its completely ruined for everyone not doing the meta which is buying 20$ wow tokens for 25k gold so they can minbid 20k for a trinket in a raid.

GDKP has completely ruined and malformed the classic community and its irreversible at this point. Blizzard is making big bucks of this meta with wow tokens being the only legal RMT and GDKP being the meta. Its a perfect symbiosis between GDKP organizations and blizzard making tons of money for both while casual players are left in the dirt. This game is dead.

3 Likes

That’s not true Cata is the beginning of retail WoW. Old school WoW is vanilla, TBC and WotLK.

This is why you don’t even need the Cata client to play Cata content, you can play it right now on retail, but it’s impossible to play any pre-Cata content, save on era servers.

3 Likes

Would you mind explaining which wotlk/tbc content is missing (except ZA) on retail?
Also if thats not what you meant i’m pretty sure i have 2 clients for cata and retail?

Yes I would mind. Sorry.

1 Like

You play on Gehennas. Why dont you check the server discord and look under the SR-Raid section? Plenty of raids there.

1 Like

I can tell you just one. There are more, but … one, ok ?

Leveling (!).

In Retail is a spam fest of queing up for RDF and that’s it. That’s all your leveling.

TBC was almost close to leveling as Vanilla and Wotlk made it a easier but still retained the Vanilla feeling.

Retail is no longer a MMORPG. Is a HUB game, much like how GW1 was. Sit in town, que , alt tab , accept the entry. Repeat.

1 Like

Well in tbc classic i was afk in strstholme, then somewhere else, then afk in slave pens, when wotlk came i was afk in dtk, then halls while someone else did the work.

Also RDF was there for like half of wrath so you could just spam dungs if you want.

If you want to do quests on retail you can, if you choose to level in a different way then you can blame yourself.

If youre trying to say leveling was hard in vanilla then youre wrong, it was not it was maybe time consuming however not hard.

Also not sure if you noticed but most people who play this game leveled 100 times and just want to ding max lvl asap.

Also can’t say tbc/wrath (i didnt play vanilla) had any mmorpg feeling at all cos (classic versions atleast) it had empty zones anyway. There was no difference to gothic or something tbh.

Also cata has still different leveling compared to retail or even pvp which can’t be recreated on retail so argument “cata can be played on retail” is wrong. Its same for cata/tbc/wrath content

Y

Yzzie is a Cataclysm evangelist and he’ll defend that hill to the death, it doesn’t matter what you say - he’ll keep on digging in and defending Cataclysm against all detractors.

That’s why I simply refused to engage earlier, because it yields no results, nothing I could type would make an iota of difference.

Who cares about cata, they had to skip and release MoP instead. MoP was one of the best expansion of all time. Zones were incredible, dungeons and especially raids were so well done. Monks were a good addition.

I hope they cut cata fast and release MoP in a short time. It will be popular like crazy. You all cried when MoP cinematic was out, then everyone was in love with expansion when they played it.

are you asian or something? It was a meh exp that lost subscribers yet again, also its not a classic expansion.

Never even played it, I quit during Cata. No interest at all in silly pandas, and it’s just more of the same ‘rush, rush, rush, funnel everyone to endgame as fast as possible’ with all RPG mechanics stripped away completely,

Thank God I can still play on Classic Era, where the game still makes sense - though I’ll never stop pushing for TBC and Wraths servers.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

You are not a WoW player. You are a Retail Single Player …player.

What?

Also … you forgot to add : Cata Bad

This guys, not even with fact data, will accept that Cata is indeed a very bad expansion. It was back then, by looking at the numbers and even the forums, and it is now.

I am waiting for Legion to be honest, but man!! I will play TBC and/or Wrath any day. So yea, bring back real Classic servers Blizzard.

2 Likes

You refused cos you didnt have any arguments.

Wdym i’ve spent like 6-7 years playing wrath, prolly longer than i played retail.

Your data was often incorrect tho, prolly the only right thing you said was cata Lost subs.

On the contrary. I just know full well that any arguments I might have made would simply have been ignored, or are you prepared to admit that you are capable of having your mind changed regarding Cataclysm, purely on the strength of another’s words?

Besides which none of it matters, because you’re arguing that water is wet and I’m arguing that tap water is better than seawater, thus we would be arguing entirely at cross purposes with one another.

1 Like

To this day I do not understand why people think MoP was popular.

It was ridiculed for its theme, hated for its daily quest grind and it lost 2.3 million subscribers.

And how popular would MOP Classic be? I mean people just played MoP Remix. I don’t think people would want to play MoP two years in a row.

I really hope that Cata is the end of the Classic servers but I doubt it.

Just wait until we’re at WoD Classic - that will be fun.

They’ll promise a whole raft of changes and improvements and deliver none of them.

4 Likes

They should re-re Release fresh classic pte and merge the HC realms. Then im a happy camper.

1 Like