Cataclysm (Classic) is

Yes it completely destroyed class design for many classes (cos of pruning), you had to farm ap 24/7 at start, rng legendaries at start, no character customisation in pvp, overall it was not alt friendly, the best thing about it are probably visuals and addition of m+. Overall it has many flaws.

What does this mean even? Do you think people would never swap games just cos its different genre or? Wow hype ended with moba hype. Lol is even free, more competitive, more balanced with more patch notes than wow. Check how many new people play wow btw and how old people playing this game are and then compare it to lol. Wow (especially classic) doesnt attract new people cos it simply can’t compete with games that are popular today (and were popular even in 2010)

Thats exactly what i’m doing. Playing superior expansion compared to wrath/tbc/legion with superior class design, better leveling, more balanced pvp with better raids (not better than Legion tho), basically better in every aspect.

Here is your “superior expansion” : https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/overall/ - You are on the far right. Aka the…worst of them all. If you find it superior, it doesn’t make it …superior. Again, if someone tells me Metin2 is the best MMORPG ever, well … guess what? It doesn’t make it the best. Its still trash for the majority of the players.

Same here.

This piece of BiP movie its very bad : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/ - Yet, I’m sure there are some who says is superior to ( INSERT X GOOD MOVIE HERE ).

Got it? Yes? Great!

Cataclysm = Bad.

Good! I’m happy for you.

Are you this dumb or are you only pretending? I’ve been talking about og cata most of the time mentioning classic only like once (+ it got terrible release schedule so it has to compete with sod/retail). Are you really trying to argue cata which is one of the most successful expansions overall (you know in 2010-2012) is bad cos not many people play this version that works worse than private servers? I’m pretty sure Legion which you praised (of ever released) Will have even smaller population. Guess why - people who enjoyed legion (or cata rn) are not the target audience of classic. Actually cata rn is doing even better than i expected tbh. Cataclysm is very good expansion and nothing you say will change that. Your arguments with metin or the movie dont even work btw cos i’m not just saying its good cos i feel like it. I’m saying its good cos cataclysm had the highest peak of subs ever, overall was in like top #3 with subs overall. 2/3 of cataclysm were generally considered very good however last season which was worse than others while being longest ever (35 weeks) destroyed its reputation.

Sadly you can’t get it as youre unable to argue or even notice changes in gaming market.

1 Like

What? Is the worst expansion, at least up to that point. THE first expansion to start losing players. THE only expansion to lost 3 million players in 1 year after launch ( or so ). THE most lower voted expansion, up to that point.

Where are you taking this “one of the most successful” ?! GIVE ME data, not words.

No! Is bad because …its bad, not because not many people is playing Cataclysm.

YOU wish, LOL. They will end Classic with Legion ( since is the second most successful expansion after Wotlk ), and we will have permanent Legion Classic servers.

Cataclysm is the worst expansion vs other Classics and nothing you say will change that. Data is there. Use it.

1 Like

Kinda funny ngl.

Both tbc and wrath are trash (wrath aka the most hyped expansion Lost 50% players after first tier. You see if a game loses 50% players maybe its not as good as people thought? Cataclysm is better in almost every aspect. Sadly So far you werent able to even say why are these expansions better than cata except check the data (which clearly show cata had one of the most subs during the expansion while also peaking sub numbers).

I see youre just not a Smart person or bad baiter.

After all this time you werent able to explain why is cataclysm a bad expansion (except saying it lost subs which is completely natural and i even explained why it happened).
Sadly all you can do is to generate some random words that dont even make sense. :frowning:

Read the quests… maybe?

You are in for a wild ride my guy. There is more to come. Also you havent brought up a single argument against the expansion apart from the leveling/dungeon experience is bad. You should try raiding and then try forming an objective opinion about Cataclysm.

Objectively speaking: If you think this streamlined, shortened version of leveling is BAD, then i dont know what to tell you. People cherish this form of leveling because it lets you level up alts easier without paying for a level boost from the shops or exploiting the game to get boosted by a random mage who may or may not be a bot. This gave casual players more overworld stuff to do, more ways to make money and to enjoy this aspect of the game.

Subjectively: Leveling was alright compared to Wrath and TBC. Both of them were a slog. Painful to drag myself through the zones. Cataclysm been a blast in terms of leveling. Doing dungeons until 84 then do Twilight Highlands and i’m done in half a day. No sweat, no stress. Just plain old blasting mobs and then enjoying the fact that i’m almost heroic ready. For a raider, there is literally nothing to do other than raid logging basically but at least for the more casual audience, this design is great.

If you need glasses, please tell me and I will … understand you.

Here : https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/overall/

Wotlk Classic Launch : September 26, 2022

November 08, 2022 ( Peak ) - 626k Raiders - Phase 1 still

January 24, 2023 - First week of Phase 2 - 515k Raiders .

In Phase 2 , barely 100k raiders have been lost. Wanna tell you Cataclysm in-numbers or you can actually read that yourself?

Where the heck do you get your numbers that 50% quit after Phase 1?!

I am kinda done with you at this point.

Edit: Of course Yzzie will stop responding lol. In his head, the most successful expansion ever, has lost 50% of players after phase 1 :man_facepalming:

You are literally clueless, have no idea what you’re talking about. The reason population is all over the place is because we have crybabies like you quitting cause Cata rolled out, and we gradually have people COMING TO CLASSIC from servers that they’ve been playing for years, waiting for an official re-release. You do not realize how big the major Cata servers actually were… They’re all gradually coming to Classic.

And you call me an angry child btw, why is it people like you think you can get away with trolling and if someone gets angry about it, THEY are the child? No mate, YOU are the child, because you’re here talking out your rear trying to piss people off, grow up kiddo

Like your post isn’t even relevant to the forums, you basically came to the Blizzard forums, to write your REVIEW of Cata, does this look like the place for reviews? Do you really think anyone here cares about your worthless slimy opinion? Cause we don’t, we think you’re an idiot

…and yet you come up with this :

What in the heck have you been smoking , “dude” ?! So now is our fault that Cata is having the worst population from all Classic(s) ? Under the reason : crybabies ?!? Are you joking me, “dude” ?

No! The reason is simple : Cata Bad! Much like it was back in the days when it released.

Are you?

Trying to piss off people?!? Listen, “dude”, if I hurt your feelings that I stated my opinion in this thread, then feel free to ignore it ( and me ).

WHAT the eF , man?! Wow ! Where should I state my opinion about Cata? Hm?

You care enough to reply. Also, personal attacks now? Off , poor you! I did hurt your feelings, haven’t I ?

Just ignore my post. Off you go now , little one!

I stopped responding cos arguing with bad troll such as you is waste of time. In statistics you provided you can clearly see drop to like 300k (which is less than half of its peak) during ulduar which was hyped as the best expansion ever. Well as it turned out wotlk was not as good expansion as people thought. Same goes to pvp as there were twice less spots which means half of population stopped playing after S1.

Are you out of your mind?!

January 19, 2023 at

WoW Classic New Raid: Ulduar

The first weekend of Ulduar 01/24/2023 : https://i.imgur.com/dKAYdI1.png - 515k

The first time ever, when Wotlk got below 300k was on 05/30/2023 : https://i.imgur.com/gkf996d.png that is 4 (!!) months later. Then on August, it got back to about 440k.

What are you smoking, seriously?! Your beloved expansion peaked at 312k EVER https://i.imgur.com/8mlYr1k.png . That’s like half of what Wotlk Classic had.

Literally, it is(was). Both of statistics, when Wotlk launched back in the days and when Wotlk Classic launched, shows that. Literally.

Cata shows exactly, on both statistics, that it was a bad expansion. On both they lost a lot of players.

I don’t care that you love it and see it as BEST EVER! Its …irrelevant.

I mean ye it was good game 16 years ago however its terrible by todays standards (hence 50% people quit). Wotlk couldnt keep people playing cos its bad.

Also obviously less people would play cata compared to wrath cos it has bad reputation (cos of last patch which lasted for like 35 weeks), classics target audience is already gone cos they’re all like 50 yo, blizz put 0 effort into fixing the game before releasint (there are too many bugs, patchnotes Once per month with like 1 fix?, terrible schedule.

You ARE playing a game + expansions of an 20 years old game. Wtf are you even talking about?!

https://i.imgur.com/20edVxY.png

Not only it kept people, but it GAINED subs.

Seems TBC and Wotlk, bad expansions like you said around here, are actually the best. Subs were peaking on both expansions, yet. Wotlk started with almost 11 mil subs, and ended up with 12. Cata started with 12, got to 9 ( 3 million subs losts - like no other expansion ever ) and ended with 10.

25% subs lots. Its A LOT! It gained 5% more at the end, but still 20% lost.

But anyway, I gave you above clear data about Wotlk Classic subs, and your “but but it lost 50%” while clearly I showed that you lie yet dodged that and ignored everything I said while keep coming with more lies and bad “data”.

Cata bad! Facts!

Bye!

Ye theres no difference between vanilla and dragonflight at all… Are you trying to say dragonflight looks like a 2004 game?

Ye youre not even trolling youre sense sadly. I was talking about classic wotlk which Lost half of people as you even admitted.

No, “dude” . YOU said that it lost half after Phase 1.

…yes it lost, after 4 months of Ulduar, only to gain 50% more the next month.

Your beloved expansion Cataclysm, had its peak of 300k. Wotlk had that almost 1 year of expansion LOL, only to get to 450k back a month later.

At this rate, I think Pandaria will have a lot more than Cataclysm LOL.

As you can see from that graphics, which are facts, again, you can see Cataclsym doing THE WORST!

What more facts do you need, “dude”?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it will. I’ve said that multiple times even. I even explained why. I cba repeating myself. Have a nice day.

HAHAHAHAHA

You are embarrassing yourself. You literally didn’t quote a single data with facts I show to you, after spamming me with your “…but but Wotlk lost 50%” , “but but CATA the best”.

No! Cata the worst.

Now off you go!

What Are you talking about, youre only showing how clueless you are - data you provided show how many characters killed a boss, since toc was free and quick people would play more characters, for example my gdkp did like 2-3 togc/day up from 1 ulduar/day and it was made of same people who made 5+ chars just cos they could. It doesnt mean more people would play the game. When it comes to pvp there were more than 2x less spots compared to deadly season which litteraly means twice smaller population. As i said after P1 which means during ulduar 50% people quit which you even sent screenshot of. Yes more characters cleared raid after cos of Reasons above. Also there are people who dont do raids etc those also usually quit. Who knows how many tho. Cataclysm has many features that are upgrade from wrath making it better expansion. Less people playing the game doesnt mean Its worse as we have for example better class balance, better class design, better raids and so on. Also i dont need to quote any data, you provided it and showed i’m right. Should i link you same webside you linked or? Also i’m arguing game overall is better compared to previous expansions and your only argument is statistics you can’t read or even understand and saying “cata bad dude”. Explain me why is cata worse game than wrath while pointing out specific expansion features. However you can’t do that cos youre simply too clueless + youre bad baiting troll.

Cata bad!! Wrath best!

Literally how you quoted me most of the time in this thread , LOL …

…and player’s vote who voted Wrath best, Cata … 5 or something.

I KNOW!! Who voted, right? You didn’t. IS NOT FAIR!! WE CAN’T RELAY ON VOTES … nor on data, statistics, etc. BUT (!!) , we can relay on whatever you say, right?

Wotlk - 8.0 https://www.metacritic.com/game/world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king/

Cataclysm 5.8 https://www.metacritic.com/game/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm/

…lets continue!

https://esports.gg/opinion/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-expansions-ranked-from-worst-to-best/

Top 3 : Wotlk (1) , Burning Crusade (2) , Legion (3) …

Cataclysm ranked 6.

https://screenrant.com/best-wow-expansions-ranked-imdb/

Top 3 : Wotlk (1), Burning Crusade (2), Vanilla (3)…

Cataclysm 6

https://massivelyop.com/2023/08/09/perfect-ten-every-expansion-era-of-world-of-warcraft-ranked/

Top 3: Wotlk (1), Legion (2), Burning Crusade (3) …

Cataclysm ranked 7.

I KNOW!! Who are the authors ?? Why they ranked Wrath, the overhyped expansion (like you said many times), first?!? Why they ranked Cataclysm so bad?! IS NOT FAIR!! Why user votes for Cataclysm on metacritics is SO BAD but Wotlk is so good? IS NOT FAIR!!

Anything else you would like to add? Looking forward for your next personal (your) facts, and how you will deny all this articles and user’s votes and try to praise Cataclysm like better than … all time favorites, LOL …

Xddddddd did you even read what you linked? According to metacritic cataclysm is 90 (in conparison to wrath which is 91) in reviews that are supposed to be unbiased. And other websites are actually kinda praising cata (even tho its obvious they’Re clueless as one of them said deadwing boss fight was epic - it was actually one of the worst boss fights which is not just my opinion but people hated it back then, actually that tier is the reason why people remember cata as a bad expansion - it was rather poor and very long tier)

The only review that seems negative hates the pop culture (which is fair i guess even tho i personally dont care as it has nothing to do with endgame) and says “creating a vicious gatekeeping mess that the game is still dealing with today” which i dont understand.
Actually they missed almost all the stuff i consider strong points of the expansion (such as class design, pvp) and still praised the expansion.