Change to Keystone Formula in 9.0.5

I can understand this view - after all, it doesn’t seem right to be rewarded with loot and high keys for constantly failing keys. However, if you do your +15, get a +14 which you complete in time but don’t do another +15 (maybe you don’t have much time to play that week or maybe it’s a nasty week for affixes), do you still think that people don’t deserve another +14 key the next week?

It would be interesting if the keystone acquisition was influenced by whether you timed or depleted keys, but that’s never been part of the m+ system. Perhaps it should be in future? I dunno, it could make climbing more challenging but also more rewarding.

3 Likes

Kicking us when we’re down I see…

4 Likes

Wow… You guys are really a drama queens… OH NO! I don’t play this week, next week my key will be only 13! Time to quit!! Good job blizzard!! I’m not paying you for this!!!

/S

They really want to die on this hill don’t they.

if u cant do 2 key per week that really … your key has to demoted … or simply just not giving new key on weekly reset … just giving same key which u have … but fact that ppl expect to do once +15 key and every next week to have free +14 key … well i dont agree

It isn’t that,but carry on.

I’ll try to explain, there are loads of things in the game that players have asked to be looked at (I won’t list them). This was something no-one has asked for, no-one (that I have seen) has complained about, no-one cares and yet they decide to change it whilst ignoring the 100s of other issues. That is the issue.

2 Likes

Why this change? :smiley: like it’s so random just like that cat the other day in front of my car

Well, I didn’t even know this was a thing cause we always do the same key levels or maybe 1 higher every week.

The same problem of every content, the playerbase wants to whine on everything.
It was working in BFA, we can survive it. If anything will make people learn how to do tyrannical weeks instead of skipping them totally.

That’s fair enough - I was interested to see what people thought about this change, and if a lot of people prefer the BfA/Legion formula for key acquisition (or genuinely don’t care either way) then that supports the idea that Blizzard would change it back.

To me it seems like an annoyance designed to deliberately get people to play more, but then I’ll be doing keys and trying to push higher on my main every week anyway, so it won’t be world ending and certainly won’t make me quit :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is terrible change. One of the worst.

agreed i only do a 5 or 6 spires once a week anyway
the guild leader does 7s and 8s let him see this change hehe
and this is a awful change just why?

1 Like

as with everything

elitest people who only want to exclude others rejoice

casuals are screwed by blizzard.

and they wonder why this expansion is such failure.

Ion wouldnt be himself if he allowed causals to have even tiny bit of fun in game

glad to see wow crash and burn so hard this expansion - will teach them once and for all how catering only to top 5% ends.

why it is terrible change ? bcs u cant do +15 only once and getting +14 everytime after?

If only you could read… :confused:

3 Likes

I am completely baffled as to why this change was needed. Why is it even that keys can deplete?

This change only punishes people who went on vacation or took some time off - if I have to come back from my vacation and find my key level has been reduced by several levels, does that encourage me to come back?

No… that might actually instead tell me that I should go play another game!

1 Like

I can read. But i also can be objective. Of anything, this is valid change.

It seems every time they make an improvement to how mythic plus keystones work they take it away again.

The system where we could destroy a key and get a new one before the end of the dungeon was a great improvement, they removed it.

This system where we didn’t have to keep re-pushing keys weekly, was a great improvement, removed it.

We are just not allowed to have nicer things.

15 Likes

yeah why? This change is so dumb :frowning: I can’t imagine anyone wants this…

3 Likes

What Blizzard need to revert back to BFA is how the loot system works in M+. i.e. You run a M+ and you have a better chance at getting an item.

Also, have the loot more meaningful by making loot drops a more meaningful ilvl. i.e 210 at the end of a +15 is pointless. Make it 5 levels lower than the vault, not 16.