Change to Keystone Formula in 9.0.5

literaly impossible since i dont do my keys :slight_smile: literaly joining 1 x +10/11 a week for GV - will just continue to do exacly that - but its change affecting social people the most - you know the ones you are supposedly defending - doing stuff with their guildies and friends.

but this is showing your character - and the level of toxicity people like you express in game.

2 Likes

reminds me of that one time we dragged a friend/guild mate through a +11 key although he was woefully undergeared. we hopelessly overtimed, got way too many deaths and at one point he was just standing somewhere trying not to die (he still did) . :laughing: it was the most fun i had in a while.

boosting in guilds happens all the time and is one of the perks and fun things in wow imo.

5 Likes

Reminds me of a time back in Legion when we had someone change class for the benefit of the raid team, we dragged him through a mythic key on his just dinged warlock, even though he spent all his time dead on the floor we easily timed it.

I agree it’s common for people to be helped by guildies/friends etc.

2 Likes

And the person in question didn’t sit back waiting for free loot from the weekly vault or expect similar boosts every week - he worked his butt off to improve his gear and was very thankful for our help. This kind of “boosting” for friends and alts doesn’t deter them from playing or cause entitlement. Did he deserve the “free” +10 key he got the next week? Yes, because by then he was capable of actually running it.

2 Likes

It is for many, if you have a group chanches are you start from the highest key available, even if it’s crappy. And if you pug as a non meta class, push your own key is more often than not your best bet to actually do a dungeon.

Exactly :grin:
And it is nice stressfull and crazy sometimes with tons of deaths. My 188 shaman did a necrotic wake +7 last week with a 150 ilvl tank and 3 higher ilvl dps. We didnt time it since our tank died so many times :sweat_smile: But we had a lot of fun.

I don’t understand those talks about ‘not deserved’ or something. We are in this game together and help each other out and have fun. When people want to do 1 untimed key a week then fine by me.

3 Likes

This might be one of the most downright idiotic changes I’ve seen to this date. The seasonal best-1 change was universally liked. It’s hard to imagine anyone coming up with a sensible reasoning for reverting back to the BFA system when

CONS:

• Screws over people enjoying alts by forcing them to run extra keys, in the “alt friendly expansion” no less
  • Benefits boosters

PROS:

• Literally none
3 Likes

oh yeah, i wasnt trying to imply he was lazy or entitled, he really did work on his monk after that but its just nice to give a friend a lil boost every now and then to help him catch up, nothing wrong with that imo. :smile:

The cynic in me wants to say that “more token sales to fund boosting” is a plus for Blizzard… But I’d best put my tinfoil hat away :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yes, I wasn’t disagreeing with you - but a few others in this thread have suggested that people want to be boosted and get “free” keys/loot for “zero effort” and I thought the example you showed was a good demonstration that this isn’t always the case - that getting a helping hand can encourage people to play more and do more than they would have otherwise.

1 Like

I highly doubt it.

exactly. reminds me of that one time they in return helped out my shaman alt. no gear, no legendary, no nothing. i simply asked if someone ran a key with me just to have something for the vault, any key, even +2 would have been fine as i didnt run anything yet and they gave me a +10 key to ruin. again…way too many deaths and my heals felt like a drop on a hot stone. :rofl: but it was fun in a crazy way.

(by the way the monk was the one we dragged through the +11 days prior to this :grin:. so he most definitely wasnt lazy)

imo people take things way too seriously. i mean who are they to decide who deserves something and who doesnt. its a game, have some fun. :woman_shrugging: people care way too much about what others have and do in my opinion.

2 Likes

i think people who want free keys or loot all the time are actually in the minority. boosting exists but there are still so many other possibilities.

1 Like

While i understand why they would make such a change because you don’t see as many mid keys anymore, however for someone like me that travels a lot due to my job, this basically punishes people for having a life outside of wow, or if they take a break.

Guess they found a way to make people sub again :laughing:

I foresee a new service being offered in trade:
Can’t play this week? send us your login info and we will run keys for you!

2 Likes

and that u will say that u dont want to play any key betwen that u want instanly high keys … and than no one plays low to mid keys

why do you assume i instantly want high keys?

maybe not you but most of ppl do

well, if they run one high key once and get another one next week although its not for their item/skill level they will either have to keep getting boosted, which is quite expensive in the long run and not accessible for the majority of the player base i assume or fail the key and downgrade it.

i dont think just because you got a high key you only run high keys. i had “high” keys in the past which i downgraded in order to play with others.

my shaman for instance, although guild mates helped me through a +10, doesnt mean i will keep running +10s. i would downgrade it to my characters level and go from there.

i dont think it makes a lot of sense to always assume the worst tbh.

1 Like

The revert that no one asked for and majority will hate.
I wonder what was their reasoning for this revert anyone have asked them that on twitter or wherever they answer questions since it’s certainly not on forums.

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but didn’t not doing m+ in BfA and Legion for a week mean that we start with a +2? If that was the case, the change is still better. It will be decaying by 1 level per week only.