Change to Keystone Formula in 9.0.5

I don’t think downgrading keys from the vault is the way to go. It’s sort of anti social. A lot of people don’t want to run with people they know will lower the chances of success, and by having the vault downgrading the keys too, just makes the incentive to give players and specs you don’t “trust” as much, less chances.

I am fine with key’s lowering on failure, but I think the vault key should always be based on the highest key you did that week, be it timed or not timed, to incentive players to bring “lower quality” players or specs at least some weeks, without being punished for it the week after that again.

Some people chain mythic+ a lot and won’t notice this change. This hits the less active players way harder. As I said earlier in this thread I am on a 2 week break now to try lower tension caused by lack of mythic+ runs in my case, as I seem to be less desired for the keys I actually find challenging and fun to play. Part of this seems to be that groups prefer shaman or paladin healers, and in general run with the best class combos for the highest chance of success. Leaving those of us who play less desired specs to lower quality keys and “leftover runs”. Not saying it can’t be that people just don’t view me as good enough, but it seems to be a meta pattern in the ones chaining mythic+, and I have had a few comments about playing the wrong healing spec.

In the end I feel like I end up with doubble punishment or more, and it gets to me. I know it’s just a game, but I really enjoy mythic+, my spec, and I finally have time enough this expansion to play more of it… then I get other factors pushing me out of it. Last thing I need is downgraded keys in the vault because we didn’t time a key I could have timed another time, and causing even more negativity around running with “sub par” group comps.

1 Like

They actually do exist. :grinning: Got into a Key as low as an 8 once, and the group maker made it clear repeatedly that they won’t mind if it doesn’t get timed. We ended up +2ing.

the obvious solution is to not let the top 5% ( I think the actual % is lower than that) be on beta and let casuals only there to see what the next xpac will look like only with casual ideas in. I mean we tried with the top % now lets try it the other way around.

I’m not sure why you think no one else got to test. Also the longer testing went on the more and more people were invited.

Yes streamers and content creators get invited and they play a lot of the beta. They spend many hours on there. However there are far more people willing to be testers than they have space for. But regular players also get to test. It’s also worth noting we regularly see people get access and then not bother or get bored in a very short space of time. Others will repeatedly try things out, level a multitude of character to test and retest after fixes are applied.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.