Class Tuning in Progress – 16 December

What hate, it’s just a slight nerf to bring us in line with the other healers.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#metric=hps

These changes look great, but could you perhaps maybe take a look at sub rogue in PvP? It’s completely mental.

unholy is S tier in PvE

It’s more mantle of the master assassin combined with shadow blades.

In arena sub rogues are deadly because they can always open with this combo, 50% boosted combo builders that always crit are insanely strong. If they can get a largely uninterrupted gank on a target (ie nobody stuns them or disarms them) then yes their target will usually die in nless they can immune. Outside of this, they suck. The issue is most rated PvP resets CDs, so these conditions are always true, but sub is balanced around the idea they’re not

Same for Ret palas having wings and shield available every fight. It makes them a real ballache to deal with.

I forsee sub being nerfed largely by toning down the leggo power and maybe tweaking shadow blades. It is these two things that are the issue.

Completely agreed, and you know what’s funny?

They will pop every cooldown to make sure they stay on you, and they’ll pop cloak when you try to poly them.

So what do you do? Panda punch, then poly.

They never see it coming and it destroys them every time.

But still, that combo is really bloody OP. It’s this whole gameplay of super strong CD’s and then being terrible. Not fun.

1 Like

Ask yourself why you choose to level a Shaman specificlly to play Resto and not anyone of the other healing classes and you got your answer.

It’s ridiculous that all those top dps classes for the past 2 expansions are crying.

Feral was BAD for what feels like an eternity. Same goes for Boomies who had to compete with the likes of mages and warlocks who ALWAYS had top 4 speccs. Rogue was also viable simply because of the group stealth paired with more than decent dps. Did you guys forget bfa/legion already?

Seriously, feels good to see some speccs and classes at a place where they usually are not and other speccs and classes climbing. Most classes have at least a middle of the pack specc. Deal with it or stick with what you like. But don’t try to force your class to be top notch AGAIN.

I played feral for all of bfa and elemental shaman in legion and you come here and cry in week 3 of shadowlands, pathetic.

The fact that you guys ALREADY get buffs just shows favouritism.

Hello, I would like to give feedback on MM and BM hunters in PvP and maybe some general.

A lot of people call for MM nerf. Yes, it has insane opener with Double Tap Aimed Shot from stealth, followed by using True shot for a few sec, but outside of that window, the damage drops a lot. Aimed Shot forces you to stand for almost 2,5 sec (unless RNG gods bless you with Locked and Loaded talent procs), so the damage output should be high. For the same reason, Chaos Bolt is getting buffed for destro, I believe. And the damage of second Aimed Shot from Double was already reduces by 50% in PvP, if I remember correctly. Longer casts should be rewarded with higher damage output for pulling them off. For entirety of BFA, MM was unviable in arenas and hunter meta shifted towards survival.

Regarding BM, the pacing with Scent of Blood talent feels good. The damage is more sustained than MM and mobility is really good. But lacking any form of burst even with Bestial Wrath active, it will be spec for dampening games in the long run, especially with return of abilities like Scare Beast or Hybernation, which make your pet CCed a lot. In addition, I would recommend to update description for Animal Companion talent to include output damage reduction.

Regarding covenants, Kyrians are best for hunter PvP by far, imho. I like Venthyr more for the aesthetics, but +30% crit, ignore line of sight and self heal, it cannot compare. Flayed shot deals low damage on long CD and the proc chance for kill shot does not improve the damage output to be viable choice. Door of shadows may have its uses, but not a big deal, I think. I did not test Necrolords and Fae, yet. I am not calling for nerf of Kyrians, just to adjust the other choices to be meaninful.

Speaking of dampening, in a few weeks, people will have larger HP pools and more versatility. This will increase survival chances and prolong games. Unlike many posters, I would not like to see dramatic damage nerfs, even for sub rogues, rather buff underperforming classes or change the setup for the damage, not the damage itself. I have 163ilv with stacked versa and PvP trinket set (which is not really that much these days) and can already tell, that there is a slight slowing. Imagine, what it will be in 6 months.

I believe, that every button we use should feel, that it does something. Thinking in line, that I would need to press that one button 50 times to do at least a dent in defences, that´s the very anti-thesis of fun, imho. I currently tried 2v2 with combo MM/feral. High risk, high reward. You make mistake, you get punished almost instantly, how it should be. Not unending game of safety nets and stacked defensives.

I hope, that this post reaches out and helps the discussion.

1 Like

Awh hell yea, this is great news for priest.

Well I cant speak for this other person but I’d chosen shaman long before these ‘stats’ came about.

Of course there are those aswell, but alot of people has rerolled Shaman because they are so far ahead of the other healers. And nerfs like this are good, nerfs that doesnt make sense is another matter.

When are blizzard going to stop nerfing resto shamans at the start of each expansion and realise that deep healing mastery is bad and makes our numbers look better because people are pushing content they’re not geared for/dont know the tacs for and take a ton of damage - we’d get normalised after a few weeks but we get the nerf bat instead, for the 4th expansion in a row.

Just rework mastery already!

I agree it’s hyper annoying to play against in such conditions, then again some specs will always be burst centered for variety, it just makes them super annoying in PvP where they always have Cooldowns available so every first engagement with them is loaded with them and makes playing a more consistent spec a disadvantage comparatively.

It’s why immunity combos (mage, Pala) are so common, because they can guarantee a “nope” to any first attempts on them. In this patch having such potential is huge due to all the burst flying about.

no you have 3 specs also…holy and prot

Also, are blizz using there own internal stats and figures from which to base this tuning?
Or are the “stats” from 3rd party apps that are used by a select few. I see shaman had 5k more parses than druid.

Arenas will always be a mini game for very few specs. Only works if u are of the lucky one specs.

Is there any chance we can get a small buff to demonolegy warlock in the next few weeks? Its a spec favoured by many but shunned even more!

Yeah but most of the casters are filled with instant spells. Spriest can play without a single cast or just rarely, mages can blink while casting and locks can cc you endlessly and except the mages most of the cloth classes like lock and priest are tankier than the plate users while having more utility and dmg. There is a reason why they dominate everything rogs are the only thing that can come close to them and only because they are broken too.

No they really can’t. They must stand still and spam spells for 1-3secs to gather resources. You would know if you played one. Only mobile ranged is Bm hunter