Classes are too simple now

this 10 chars.

WW monk is top tier in terms of fun, of course top tier compared to other dps specs in this expansion.

In any case i think people put too much focus on more abilities=fun, i think it depends on how those abilities actually interact with each other rather than how many, remember legion surv hunter? Lots of abilities pretty much none of them felt good, really awkward rotation. Now don’t get this as me saying that we have just as many or we need less abilities than now, but what i am saying is that few abilities does not equal not fun, for me legion dh was very fun, even though your rotation consisted of only a few abilities, but those few abilities felt really good to use, and when you used like 11 annihilates in a row and then use eye beam again and extend your meta it felt really damn nice, for ww monk instead, lots of abilities, but all of them feel worth using in the rotation.

To conclude it’s not how many abilities you have, it’s how those abilities interact and how they feel to use, you can have many, you can have a few, what’s important is that they feel like a core part of the rotation, not disruptive, and feel good to use.

2 Likes

You’ve hit the nail on the head.

I’m optimistic about this years blizzcon and the new expansion. They finally admitted they removed too much so unless that means add 1 ability there’s a chance the next expansion will break the cycle of boring gameplay.

I don’t think it was unnecessary, since you could use intercept onto the banners to run away or to get enough range for a charge. And the banners offered buffs to you and debuff to the enemy.

I use around 10 - 15 hotkeys all time, what you even talking about. If you use only 3-4 you are just terrible in this game :frowning: no offense

1 Like

I just bash any button, I have no idea wth anything does, but then I have no addons to cheat for me :grin::grin:

I use regularly 8-9 abilities just to do dps, not counting essences and cooldowns.

Maybe I should go play Classic and mash bloodthirst on cooldown while autoattacking in the meantime. That it surely lot more complex rotation.

Maybe you should choose different class than DH if you want more complex rotation. But even with DH saying you need 4 buttons seems like you have no clue about your class :wink:

Just looked at your achi tab,

You never did nothing above LFR you have no clue on class mechanics, don’t embarrass yourself son.

1 Like

Very selfishly…i don’t want more abilities :smiley: 3-4 button roations is even more than I like. I always prefered the movement free fights (tank and spank) just so I could watch my damage fly up the meter! Of course this is perhaps boring for some, but offft i loved it!

I also think the 3-4 button is a gross over simplification, people almost always have at least 1-2 trinket buttons and 1-3 defensive buttons too. We have now also added a button for this weird azerite skill? I think 10 buttons is enough thanks and that’s the absoloute minimum. Healers probably have lots more

is this already week-end ? This week-end has started early. I know I should respond with something in more depth, but I feel this is a troll and bait thread, nothing more.

Wow is diablo now, an arpg. Even the new raid looks like something straight out of Zoltun Kulle’s fantasy. I like diablo but wow is supposed to be an old fashioned rpg, or that’s what I play it for anyway, not an arpg. So give it rpg classes.

What I got from Ion’s video about 8.3 is that there will be a tiny talent system added. I don’t think it’s enough for this xpac. Some classes have many spells available in talents that can’t be used because they are either too bad compared to other talents or because they are pvp only. Maybe stop gating things like that so people can actually use those and make their classes more interesting to play.

In short: stop gating and make spells that complicate a rotation more rewarding to use than the ones that simplify it.

Not to mention mages give out food, water and portals. And the example only works in raids because outside of raids they use cc and are used in cleave groups. And let’s not forget about pvp.

But hate on classic when you can by using oversimplified ideas or no deal here, it seems.

No offense but you find an excuse for anything in this game. You like it or you don’t the specs got butchered . Now we have 3 main spells some cds and some extras and that’s it. Have you played fire mage or arcane ? Or dh ?.Even paladins are soo damn boring to play . Defending every aspect of the game will just kill it .Dont get me wrong i still love the game but god damn it blizzard over did it .The way spells work now would work great with an action combat system maybe thats what they wanted to do and abandoned the idea.

2 Likes

I am using to 5, alt to 4, f1 to f5, ctrl 1-3 and qerty :thinking:

edit: not allowed to use the char before the 1 on the forum.

Already is like you want it, give a look at warcraft logs and you will see huge differences by purple parses and Grey ones, even of 40-50k dps.

This idea of having few spells is just an excuse to bad players to being bad at the game.

I spam one button now, frostbolt

tbh every spec is more than a 4 button spec. Considering the 1st 4 buttons you need to play are WASD for movement =P.

Me too. And that is whilst playing what lots of people like to call the most simple spec in the game; BM hunter.

1 Like

I think you have not read a lot of guides if you only need to press 4 buttons in your rotation. I would recommend to learn more about your spec. Since your Demon Hunter has barely any content done I expect you are posting from a second account? If not, then you have a lot to learn.

Doesn’t look that way here

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

But salty underperforming specs ( enh showman, DKs) will always sith on better specs.