Classes are too simple now

But I have to agree here. I thought retri’s power is encapsulated in cooldowns, but fire mage is a king of that. 99% of your dps is packed inside combustion+MoLD+RoP+wrists combo. Imagine getting silence, stun or having to move out of rune during those 10 secs… I leveled mage to find out it’s clunky spec :smiley:

lol DH player talks about simple rotation and stuff, got bored by your op class? go play enhancement!

Yes, it’s called unconscious bias

thats actualy very often true… DH is like prime example of it. Its also reason why I stopped to play my mage, fire is difficult even with few buttons however its hard in very weird way, hard to propperly push the buttons (fast rytm), but still the thinking about abilities is not there anyway they need to change phylosophy itself and take out the dmg from pasive effects, thinks like passive aoe cleave is one of these which should be nerfed to the ground for most specs in the game examples: Ignite,blade flurry(worst design of all btw, try to optimize something like this), passive dot spreads, spells with no target limits as divine storm, beam and many others.
Its not only about the count of the abilities, overall its also about utilizing these abilities to the nature of the game (the count of decisions you have to do in combat), where the spells like BF will be always too good. …

DH is easy, not because of the buttons or rotations. DH is easy because you don’t rely on procs on skills. The only “proc” you have, is returning Fury from Chaos Strike.

It is as if they are reducing the number of buttons to click on purpose. Then this game would be playable on mobile…
Oh, wait!!!

And why do you immediately had to compare it to Classic, like there were no 6 other expansions between the 2? Yes, Classic has worse class design but if you want to say that BfA has better class design than anything from WotLK to MoP then i don’t think he is the one who should “get outta here, pal”

Spamming special abilities and use cooldowns as soon as they come up again is pretty much what community asked for so how could something like that not be simple

It’s not how it used to be when we had to manage our resources and plan our moves, for me that required more skills than spamming

1 Like

Your right off course, I was doing just that for a while.
The dam broke for a moment.

I press 10. Kicks/Defensives not counted

1 Like

not many specs has 10+ plus dmg spells…, i like the specs like that, especialy multiplicators are fun to play.

I actually have to give this much - as brewmaster monk I do mainly hammer 4 buttons. Wait … no its 5. The core rotation of brewmaster monk is slaping any of the 5 buttons in nearly random order* making sure you press 1 certain ability as often as possible.

Now things get complex now because between those 5 buttons you have to constantly press, you use active essence and trinket you use on CD, and then you try to do it between the 5 buttons that have low CD and you have to spam those.

So while yes, I have 5+2 buttons as base line on monk tank, I have plenty of things I have to observe while doing it.

Or like wise, lets take frost mages - they do not have ‘gazillion’ buttons, but their massive damage comes from following certain criteria.

And then we have classic and TBC era of classes in pve where you were able to macro your whole raid rotation to on mousewheel and watch tv.

I feel classes are more alive and active now in dreaded BfA than they have been in past. I like that there’s some speed in things.

* - it is not random actually, it feels random when you look in videos.

2 of them are my trinkets tho. That share an internal CD. Which makes lining tricky. I only line them for X seconds during Azshara mythic phase 3. If i even do it and not delay the close to 100% crit til phase 4.

So its 8 baseline

maximazing of your dps is realy much more appealing then on classic, its just absolutly different lvl. However i found so much fun with my furry warrior on classic its masterpiece realy… stance dance+ insane number of utilities are so much fun to play… (btw rotation itself is like 2 buttons, i cant do more becouse of starving on the rage with low gear :smiley: )

I think warrior is a unique in this sense. And is instead exception and I can agree from warrior point of view, but for example rogue - I feel I fall asleep in classic. And when raids do not offer you much of a ballet to go with, all you have is watch that energy-timer-mod, and your swing timer, which means it is only challenge it is, whereas in modern raids you have also game mechanics top of the rotation to look at. Same with dungeons.

But I agree about warrior. And by the way this macro reference was not to put down anyone and comes from my own experience, where my WWS logs (the thing that was before warcraft logs) and gold rank-rotation was two spells - and amount of 1st spell was based on my haste levels, and if I got shadow priest to my party or not. Similar thing happened in MoP to frost dks, where they had to stop using spells to do highest damage.

Experience varies from class to class, I am certain, but sometimes I look at my old TBC SWP videos and feel that out of all things I hate in BfA and modern wow - they still do good raids nowadays and some classes certainly feel more alive.

1 Like

are you using azsharas trinket + coral for thes 10sec lined up ? I already tryed the same however its not very usefull for rets cds are shorter and also weaker in power, like much weaker 1,55cd+ 25sec duration when the top window lasts 13 sec its simply canot by managed propperly with two on use lined up trinkets.

Yes. I only use the coral nowadays tho if i fear the First Add may cast its shield (im responsible for using CDs on it together with a couple others). I still use the font prematurely for a possible lineup (if possible due to decrees) and use coral according to my personal judgement.

I get a couple seconds out of the coral for my running vendetta, which is 20 seconds. But i dont think its something you need to consider anyway as i dont think rets are responsible for using CDs on the add. Im not even sure if our GM does it, whos playing a ret for Azshara only.

bring Mop classes back in their entirety and the game is golden again

1 Like

God no, not for all classes.

Did anyone remember DK/Hunt BM meme who last 8 year aka ROFL U PLAY N00B KLASS 2 SPL DONT TALK TO ME ?

Look like it doesnt change much eh.

Current class Design is a big issue right now.

Press spell gen to get ressources / put a dot then spend for a big smash, who cause spender passive being too strong .

And sadly, that the case for anyone who works like this.

Passive effect should’nt be the go way everytimes, but until you get a big reworks, it wont change.