Classic Content Plan

Great update, thanks!

I hope battlegrounds come sooner than later, I like to do them while leveling up. I know there is no exp but it’s fun and different from the other stuff, it gives variety.

3 Likes

Well done Blizzard. Every time I see a post from you guys in this forum, you make my day. Keep it up.

4 Likes

Great news! Can’t wait for more updates regarding major decisions like this (spell batching, loot trading, sharding mostly)!

Thank you Blizz! Perfect.

Actually, I do not think they need to make client patches nor even database changes. Classic server code is based on Legion 7.3.5, on that version is already implemented the system to make time gated content with the system used for world events. They can create on the database 6 different world events, one for every phase and associated quest, raids, npcs, and item drops that won’t be available on all phases to the phases in which it is available and from there to change from one phase to another they only need to disable the previous phase event and enable the event for the next phase. Potentially this could allow Blizzard to open in the future new servers again from phase 1 because the server and client will always contains the data for all the 6 phases.

2 Likes

Pff getting hyped.
This just gets better and better.

1 Like

This is awesome guys. I hope we will get more regular updates until launch !

This is awesome! Can’t wait for the release date reveal now!

i still wanna hope for a july release but would rather its done and not rushed like the last 3 xpacs. If this means a delayed launch so be it.

That means they need to do itemization aswell.
They already told that they dont wanna touch theyr data from 1.12.
Maybe it was cool, but i think its not worth waiting and they don t have that old data i think.

They said they need to do some testing to make sure the raids work perfect, last thing about development they told us was that they’re currently working on Onyxia. Of course you can change the databases but many things can go wrong when you copy some 15 year old raid data into a modified version of the engine.

This is gonna be awesooooooomeeeeee :smiley:

4 Likes

Does this mean EVERYTHING is reverted? and its just vanilla vanilla? for me TBC was my fav, will we see that too? enchanting? ganking, world pvp? TWINKS?

Sounds sweet so far.
Really looking forward to get the pvp and bg implemented, kind a hope the old pvp title, and no rescource/timer on A/V will be used. :slight_smile:

I remember that the hit rating in Classic Wow was terrible. Can the hit rating be improved on, this time around. I like to hit stuff… >.>

Nice , that how it should be :slight_smile:

One question thoe , what about class race spells?
Like fearward? will only dwarf priest have it or will there be a change so every priest have it?

A example NE priest in PVE are the worst , no use at all with shadowmeld and starshard.

Only one thing I have thought of that would make it more balanced between the chosen priest races
// Cheers

This is really starting to sound amazing. As someone who wasn’t there at the beginning and only joined after Cataclysm, I’m really looking forward to seeing how the world looked in the early days.

Thank you blizzard for all the great work on these new classic server contents, I have some ideas, would it at all be possible to keep vanilla separated from BC, and keep up until and including BC separated from vanilla and the rest ? You see, I started playing just pre BC release, and so that is my and hopefully other peoples preferred place to live and immerse themselves, we used to do dailies on the Isle of Quel’Danas to be able to afford pots and repairs for dungeons/raids. Again thank you thank you thank you for doing this.

I cannot wait ty

1 Like

i just hope everything will be there nothing left out like it was even with how to obtain paladin mount and warlock also the gold ( cost 500gold ) i think it was! also this part should be happening in diremaul but it wont open untill a phase 2 so how is that gonna work out?