Classic Era serv > TBC serv clone progression

Hey,

Please correct me if I’m wrong but according to Blizzard it seems we won’t be able to clone our character from a Classic Era server to a TBC one without losing all Classic’s progression after the TBC release.

May I ask “why” ?

Let say I have a reroll I never really played so far and now I want to collect some gear from all the Classic raids (MC/BWL/AQ/Naxx) for my toon. Not for the stats but for the skins (and also the pleasure of collecting them).

And guess what, I want to do it right, which means not going in those raids as a lvl 70 character, but through a proper 40 lvl 60 players raid, as we currently do in Classic.

If TBC is supposed to be released this year I might not be able to do everything I want in time. Then why not giving me the possibility to achieve this on a Classic Era server until I decide to move to TBC, even several months after ? This is frustrating, I don’t get it.

It’s just I have this weird way of seeing things: if my toon hasn’t killed KT properly he isn’t worthy to go in Outland. I don’t like to skip content, I love step by step progression.

EDIT: whatever is your reply, PLEASE bring your SOURCES.

Thanks

4 Likes

You can clone your char for money.

Yeah I understand what you are saying. I hope there will be a final answer by Blizzard. The main issue is probably the gold and item transfer this might imply, maybe Blizzard could handle it like some private servers did, with a tranfer gold-cap.

1 Like

Here is how we are going to do things here: please bring your sources.

Also, if we can pay to clone our character from Classic Era to TBC does it means we can keep all our progression from a Classic Era server ? if YES, bring sources, if NO, bring sources.

Sources are needed here, not gossips.

Thanks

Did you stop listening to blizzconline or stopped reading at the part where they said: TBC classic is coming?

There’s a post on wowhead, Icy Veins, youtube, hell even the forums here have talked about it.

Literally said during the deepdive (which was 30 mins so not easy to miss) you will have the ability to clone your TBC char to a forever classic server, for real money. We don’t know how much yet.

So please before shouting for sources, look around a bit. This is literally headline news on all mmo and wow sites, including the forums you post on.

So no, I’m not gonna post sources for info you can find in literally 5 sec. Wowhead: everything we know of tbc classic so far. Go look at it.

5 Likes

Didn’t mean to be rude, I just want to create a post free of unfounded rumors.

That been said thanks for the tips I’m gonna watch the Deep Dive video and check the websites you have suggested.

Also I’m not asking about paid cloning services from TBC to Classic Era but the opposite.

No prob mate. I’m afraid the opposite is not possible since all existing realms will go tbc automatically.

1 Like

Yes, I too would like clarification on exactly how the character copy service will work after classic TBC has been released.

1 Like

Why do people have it backwards.

1. We get TBC pre-patch on CURRENT realms, yes, CURRENT realms, not new ones.
  2. We get a choice to MOVE or COPY (Paid for to copy) our characters to NEW Forever Classic realms, no Fresh start realms yet. The new realms are named exactly as the CURRENT ones are.
  3. Characters cannot be moved back to TBC realms. Otherwise it would be move only.
  4. Blizzard pick a single date to copy/move from for everyone, any progress after that date is lost after the move.
  5. TBC fully hits the CURRENT realms.

One thing I think will happen but I’m not 100% sure. The move/copy to the Classic realms may have a gold limit.

4 Likes

Yup, because it’s gonna be insanely easy to dupe gold by trading all your gold to a tbc char and then copying and trading it all back in the classic only server.

This has not been announced yet, but I think it will be before you log in you get the choice to go to forever classic or TBC. This will start during the TBC Pre-patch, so you have to choose one or the other on first log in.

That would have to be done before the TBC pre-patch hits. and it wouldn’t affect gold, unless people aren’t going to a forever realm.

Yep, which we will know the date of beforehand so easy enough to trade a day or two before, clone and trade back.

I think they will do the Forever save then announce it afterwards.

It doesn’t copy your character from the date you buy the copy but a predetermined date before hand.

They did say they would do the ‘snapshot’ the day before the prepatch hits so that people wouldn’t lose too much stuff they did/got the week before. Tho I agree they could do it earlier for the gold only.

Or they just limit the gold you can take to Forever realms. Kinda like move now with a Character transfer is limited to 2000g.

A tbc char and a classic only can’t send emails to each other because both are in different realms, even if both realms were created from the same source realm after the split both are isolated and can’t be traded.

2 Likes

Yeah, the only thing that can happen is you end up on a Classic realm with all your friends gold, after a copy. You would then have 2 characters the same, one on the TBC realms and one on the Classic realm, and on the TBC realm you would need to send all the gold back to your friends.

There is no way to send gold back to the TBC realm or transfer back with all the gold from the Classic realm, just like now you can’t send gold to another realm.

No doubt there will be big huge warnings saying “this is permanent”, and probably more than one, you may even have to type “I Agree”. And I’m 100% sure Blizzard will not transfer anyone back, so be prepared for many forum complaints from inattentive people.

Yes, but that is not extrictily speaking dupe the money because at the end the only outcome is for the same amount of gold there was in the original game to exits at the same time in both Classic and TBC, wich is the purpose of copying on the first place, but never creating on one realm more gold that there was in the original realm.

Even so this shenanigan could easily fail, what happen in suddenly you are not the only of your friends and guild who do that, what happens if there is 2, 4, 8? The profitability quickly decrease. And even in case you are just the only one with all that gold on the new Classic realm…you are alone because all your friends have given you their gold for moving to TBC, so you end just being the richest of the graveyard. So even if you success at the end is a failure.

Look for someone who has a lot of gold and will not play TBC. Ask to trade it to you (extreme trust is needed here), snapshot before prepatch, pay for a copy and trade it all back to your friend that is now on the classic realm. Ye technically it’s not duping but its gold that now exists in two versions.

That won’t work as you have to choose move/copy BEFORE you log into the game. Also why don’t they just take it themselves?