Classic Era serv > TBC serv clone progression

Never ever said that lol
Can you read?

IN THEORY ONE CAN DO THE CHOICE AT ANY TIME LATER.

LMAO
Are you drunk?

I give up.

Thanks, you’re making anybody feeling uncomfortable at this point.

No, the reason I’m giving up is you will not believe what Blizzard have already said.

1 Like

The mere fact of logging in to the pre-patch makes the character incompatible with Classic. Spells and talents are different between 1.12 and 2.4.3, the character could have TBC PVP honor points, jewelcrafting is already there, and even if we ignore BE and Draenei starting zones there is also new items in old zones, for example new stones added to mine ores for jewelcrafting. It only makes sense that the copy is made from the Classic server before it is upgraded to pre-patch.

4 Likes

Oh no !
Anyway,

it would have been more honest from them to explain it more clearly. The snapshot is in fact a pre-patch server cloning that we were asking since BC Classic speculations.
Sad to learn this server-cloning is hidden behind a pay-wall for those who would like to give a try to BC with their current main. I guess it’s because they want (our cash and) the players to make a strong choice, to see if most people would stay back on Classic or follow towards BC. Then they would be able to scrap Classic “leftovers” this way, and later compact Classic Era servers and BC servers if not populated enough, instead of letting less-played characters remain indefinitely on their irrelevant version of the game. That’s smart, business-wise.

That’s the only way the gibberish at the BlizzCon makes sense. Otherwise, if they upgrade the characters to pre-BC with Eversong and Azuremyst stuff in, before allowing people move back to new Classic-Naxxramas servers, Blizzard would be even dumber and unpractical anyone can imagine, which I doubt. I’m not saying I’m 100% sure they’re not as dumb as this, but come on…

Thanks, yes.

1 Like

OPs got a valid point there. Classic is a recreation for people who couldn’t participate in vanilla,tbc,wotlk.
Preventing new players from experiencing vanilla experience(without any extra expenses) before moving onto tbc is kind of against the principles behind this rerelease.

Then again, where on earth have you been for the past 1.5 years OP?

The only solution for new players to being able to repeat again the process of playing in Classic and then TBC after the initial release of TBC would be to have fresh Classic realms. Those Classic realms two years later could repeat the migration to TBC two years later with the players again choosing between Classic, TBC or both in those new realms. Once this second season realms progress to TBC the Classic version of this second season could be merged with the Classic versions of the current realms (the first season).

Wait, I said exactly the same thing and you disagreed with me.

Yes, it is exploitable. You are just incapable of thinking of the situation that allows it.
It is really simple but I dont want to explain it to you, you are too immature.

If you can’t see how allowing transfers to from classic era to TBC after the snapshot you are just not thinking logically.

In other words, it isn’t exploitable. They are not allowing transfers from Classic era realms to TBC.

Yet another person who has no understanding of what is happening and has their head stuck in the sand, while refusing to go and look at what is actually happening. Only believing what they think is happening.

Of course it is, but only either for TBC or Classic.

1. The day before the snapshot is taken/prepatch I (who am planing to play TBC) recive 5000g from my friend who isn’t interested in TBC. I add his 5000g to my 5000g and have a total of 10 000g before the snapshot is taken.

2. As the prepatch drops, we both chose to copy/clone our characters.

3. On the TBC realm I now have 10 000g, started of with 5000g. My friends character remains broke - but he wont play TBC.

4. On the Classic Era realm, where we both have copied our characters, I trade him all my money, 10 000g, and now he has 10 000g - 5000g more than he started with. Im broke - but I wont play Classic Era.

So it acually does work if you find a partner that is playing the opposite of what you want, has money, and wants to pay for copy/clone.

For you personally - yes it works under said conditions. But you’re not changing the amount of in-game gold.

The amount of ingame gold as a static number is irrelevant with inflation. When the population changes and some, but not all, can double their money, it obviously wont be irrelevant or a non-factor.

How much effect this will have, if any at all, I dont know. I just demostrated an example of a possible “exploit” which equals the one of getting your friends gold when he quits the game ^^ It wont keep me up at night, that much I can say!

Me neither. I could quite honestly not care less. I do not have this kind of G and even tripling or quadrupling my “fortune” would make no impact whgatsoever on my or much less the game’s economy. And other peoples’ riches do not bother me.

1 Like

@Scarekraaw: You are going off the track right here. I am about 99,99% certain Blizzard will NOT tell us, when the snapshot will be taken, but rather only sufficienly long time, like 24+ hours after it has already been done.

I agree, I dont believe they will either, but the gold trade (5000 gold going to the one or other depending on which server they will continue playing on) could happen after the snapshot aswell (in the same scenario). I miscalculated the effect of the snapshot completely!

I don’t think Blizzard will announce when the snapshot will be made too but there is only one day it can be done, exactly the maintenance day of pre-patch launch.

First, we can discard that the snapshot will be made after the pre-patch launch, that is easy.

But we can also discard any date before the pre-patch launch because that means people will lose their character progress in Classic or TBC, probably the first. Just imagine for a moment that the snapshot is made 3 days before launch, that means anything players did on the current classic realms will be in the copy of their characters of one but not in the other, so for example it could happen that everyone who moves to Classic or copy to Classic will lose everything they did those 3 days, like a private server that has rollout their database to a previous date.

@Jadzía: Actually, while it is likely that you are right, you might also be wrong for at least three rather critical reasons:

A) Blizzard has not officially announced whether TBCC will have a global launch. If the answer is yes, EU will forcibly have an earlier snapshot than the US.

B) Even if the answer is no, to avoid attempts at cheating, the EU snapshot must be completed BEFORE any snapshots (including the US one) are announced in public.

C) Completely regardless of A and B, Blizzard is not obligated to keep the snapshot up to date, because it is only needed, if a player chooses to pay to clone his/her character… and if cloning is chosen, one or the other of the “clones” will be the fully up to date character. Only the “secondary” is created from the snapshot. In other words, players have FOUR, not three options.

Option 1: Proceed to TBCC, fully up-to-date.
Option 2: Proceed to permanent Classic era, fully up- to-date.
Option 3: Pay for cloning, primary proceeds to TBCC, fully up-to-date, clone resumes on Classic from snapshot.
Option 4: Pay for cloning, primary proceeds to permanent Classic era fully up-to-date, clone resumes on TBCC from snapshot.