Classic Fresh confirmed

I think people are expecting too much from Fresh.

Just like last time, you will not be able to compete with the streamer guilds for server firsts or the AQ mount, Rank 14. You will just like last time, not win the fishing tournament or Guru Arena and you will be sitting on a faction that is either over or underpopulated, while bots and mafia like structures will rule the economy.

A few weeks of a break or just in general less time and the realm will be so far ahead of you, that you will ask for a new realm again and the cycle will repeat.

Blizzard would need to change so many things at these classic realms to make it work and in the end the community feeling would still not come back. Also, by the responses at this forum for fresh, I seriously doubt that enough average joe players will be interested in this, but those are the ones that will stick around after the first few days / weeks, as I can see on my very healthy realm at classic era.

No streamers, no bots, its like paradise because of the great community we have build, where nobody has to be afraid of being excluded by the elite that has ruined TBC and classic on release.

Then you havent played much vanilla :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You can not walk there! You die!

Only from the fall at the end. It’s part of getting there quickly.

If you die, you can not walk there, you can fall down there - I do not say it’s not a shortcut, only that you cannot walk. And as I’m playing Iron Man (the no-death challenge) this sounded interesting, but is not!

It is a shortcut, if you don’t want to die then you go the long way and die at low level anyway.

i would play it if they do something new, i want 2021 Art. jacked upp bosses, No world buffs.
But asking blizzard to do anything in 2021 is like asking for rain in the desvert, Zero investment fast money.

0 hype, im done with old wow. Did classic to 60 2 years ago.

Im glad for hyped people, i kinda prefer retail from time to time than rehashed all content ruined by this day and age mentality.

Have fun you all!

2 Likes

Yeah bots are out of control

1 Like

Actually, there is

I have in 2004 and I have when they release classic era. I had great fun in 2004, but not so much in classic era pre TBC.

Now that the min maxers and streamers moved to TBC, I am having a good time on classic era and really enjoy it.

I just dont see a reason to start from 0 again, when I still have so many chars to level on classic era. This is also the feedback in my guild, just one person would currently also play on a fresh realm. They all said that it is to time consuming and there is no difference to playing there or where we play now, except that the min maxers will come back to hunt world first kills and in the process they ruin the community.

From my point of view, Blizzard will not redesign classic or bring new features, they have not done so with D2R and the demand for it was big. Sure, in the first days, the realm might be crowded, most likely with a queue, but if you truly think that thousands of people play a third time through classic, then I am sorry but you are wrong.

This wont happen, there are too many alternatives out there, plus we have the classic era realms where things finally settle down nicely and we have great communities. Why leave that?

1 Like

It’s my opinion that people just want to relive the magic of a fresh start.

• Everyone starts at 1
  • no boosting
  • no max level items on ah
  • leveling dungeons are an adventure again (Running to SM for the first time come to mind, or the Mallet of ZF questline)
  • group quests are done constantly so no asking for a high lvl guildy

Most importantly: the world feels alive. Every lvling zone is full, people are trading greens or blue items they found, people randomly grouping up etc.

The thing with this is that it has a short expiration date. A few months after the server launches the most serious players will have one or more lvl 60 chars in pre-raid bis gear and it’s back to raidlogging until KT is down a year later. Then it’s back to asking for Fresh servers, maybe even before that.

For me P1 in Classic was magical and felt like a proper adventure, but the endgame a bit bland after you cleared the raids a few times.

3 Likes

The surveys they sent out clearly suggest they intend to do changes to Classic Fresh. It won’t be a complete “no changes” approach like they took 2 years ago, that wouldn’t really make sense. It’ll be a different experience from Classic Era servers - question is just how different. On top of that, new servers brings new communities, new economy (even if just for a while), and honestly I think this one is a bit underrated, but also it frees up all names. That’s kind of nice, I think.

They never gonna make a true vanilla server…
Its gona be classic copy.
Thank god there are better options for those who really cares about vanilla

I hope it gets plussed up a bit.

Nope not for me, not going to do molten core for the 500th time. Sorry

So what is the problem here then? The majority wants it. Should i tell people to stop doing what they like if i dont? :man_shrugging:

Like privateservers that is going to get shutdown?

1 Like

The only pserver that i ever heard of shuting down (out of hundreds existing) was nost. and even that one had an open source db so another team just hosted a new project a few weeks later and normaly completed their lifecycle.

Pservers are emulators and there are many countries that are not considering illegal the emulators that are provided without a profit. A good example of free legal emulator is mame32 that emulates all the old school games like galaxian, street fighter , super mario, mortal combat, pacman, donkey kong etc. Now if mame32 was not provided for free but it generated noticeable amount of money it would be considered illegal. Laws have differences in each country though so it is important where you are going to host the said emulator.

Normaly if a private project becomes so famous that somehow manages to bother blizzard then blizz will send a c&d letter as a warning for copyright etc. The court though may not side with the company if the law is not against free emulators in the said country.

That being said blizzard is not even taking action against largely profitable projects in most cases (im not aware for the reason behind that). A good example is warmane. warmane hosting realms for profit since around 2010 and still maintains the largest population out of all private wow emulation projects (like more than 20k players online at any given time across their multiple realms). And they have not even receive a C&D letter yet. I even know few old classmates that created characters there around 2013 and afaik they still have them for arenas or for whatever reason.

So i don’t believe that anything is going to get shutdown at some point soon unless laws drasticaly change in the countrys that such emulators are hosted (a host can always move though).

2 Likes

Comming from your knowledge with no research. All the servers that gets a population over 1-2k gets shutdown for the reason of copywright. So whatever people do with their time spending on games, privateservers is fun as long there are people. But it is also the worst for the sake of loosing everything^^