I’m already hyped af! Hopefully they put in some changes like:

-harder raids
-no world buffs in raids
-summoning stones at dungeons
-new content
-better graphics
-better system againt bots
-making mage boosting useless
-maybe some class tweaks to make hybrids and hunters/warlocks more useful or tank classes better (please stop the fury tank s*it)
-maybe make tier sets BIS

please not:
-no faster leveling speed (like 3x more exp or something) - leveling should take long like it was, dont let player skip that!!
-no dungeon finder
-no ingame shop
-no boosts
-no personal loot or more drops

2 Likes

could you name a few? because i did research and the only free server that closed was nost. there was another project that closed but that was involving some heavy profits and the country that was hosted had strict laws against emulators.

on the other side i can easily remember lots of populated projects that finished their full lifecycle. a few that comes in my mind is:
warsong, emerald dream , archangel, molten wow , icecrown , frostmourne , outland , lordaeron, anathema, lightbringer , northdale , kronos 1, 2 & 3 , frostwolf, apolo, karazhan, endless etc.
those are a few examples that the lifecycle completed from first to last phase without even any c&d letter.

Dancing around when you just talk about it haha! Hopefully it comes at x-mas eh? <3

Scapegaming, Nostalrius, Elysium, Lights hope, Feenix wow, vanilla gaming (for a while), Gummy’s Felmyst and the Hellground relaunch etc. They use something called A generic trademark;

“a genericized trademark or proprietary eponym, is a trademark or brand name that, due to its popularity or significance, has become the generic name for, or synonymous with, a general class of product or service, usually against the intentions of the trademark’s holder. The process of a product’s name becoming genericized is known as genericide.A trademark is said to become genericized when it begins as a distinctive product identifier but changes in meaning to become generic. This typically happens when the products or services with which the trademark is associated have acquired substantial market dominance or mind share, such that the primary meaning of the genericized trademark becomes the product or service itself rather than an indication of source for the product or service. A trademark thus popularized has its legal protection at risk in some countries such as the United States and United Kingdom, as its intellectual property rights in the trademark may be lost and competitors enabled to use the genericized trademark to describe their similar products, unless the owner of an affected trademark works sufficiently to correct and prevent such broad use.Thermos, Kleenex, ChapStick, Aspirin, Dumpster, Band-Aid, Velcro, Hoover, Jet Ski and Speedo are examples of trademarks that have become genericized in the US and elsewhere.”

So basically if someone make money from transactions (Donations, selling gear, chars etc) blizzard will take intrest in this asap. So for example nost was so big, its basically impossible to keep up the servers by themselves.

So the answer to you is that if a server is big, they will gete shut down.

Well… thanks :sweat_smile:

false.
elysium lights hope feenix wow vanilla gaming normaly completed their lifecycle. from first to last phase and i still have my toons on vanilla gaming and elysium btw. so i don’t know how you assumed they closed.

scapegaming is the server i mentioned that made profits from cash shops so same as gummy and hellground. those three are projects though that never had significant population. at least not even close to the popular projects ran by experienced project leads. if you read my original post 2 hours ago i clarified that the ONLY projects that are able to close are those that have a cash shop.

Emulators without a cash shop are legal in most countrys and there are some countries that is a simple misdeamor case. For example hosting an emulator with a cash shop in france would be stupid because the law there is really strict againt that. on the other hand you can host in russia that the court will never side with the company that sent the c&d letter as the law is in favor of the free emulator.

Loudest example is warmane. by far the most populated project since 2010-11 with 25k online players atm that did not even receive a c&d letter due to the country that is hosted. Characters remain untouched there ofc for like a decade now. oh same with kronos btw. up and running since 2011, atm is not populated but it was one of the big ones until 2018.

on the other hand i heard there is another semi popular emulator running the past month that is free and not even accepting donations in germany so there is no legal way to shut this emulator down.

tldr: every gaming emulator is completely legal and unable to shut down in the majority of countries unless they make significant profits using the trademarks company in their emulation (aka cash shop)

2 Likes

Unless they make profit of it that is basically impossible. So… yeah… gl spensing your time on something that will disapear i guess :man_shrugging: who knows, you might find a dead private server :sweat_smile:

Not rly mate, go support a server that will die :rofl:

i mentioned more than 10 servers that did not made profit via cash shop so it is possible and they are still there after 10 years. so go tell that to warmane and kronos that never closed after 10 years. btw i play tbc classic atm so im not playing privates and the only privates i was related to are still alive and blooming since 2013. :wink: sadly i was only able to find alive realms :rofl:

nice argument mate. atm im playing tbc classic that is so i dont have time to support anything else. but the only pservers i played in the past are still alive and populated since 2013. so good luck with them dieing with 25k online players after so many years. :rofl:

2 Likes

Not a good enouth server then according to the facts. Still i dont understand what you are complaining about, neither of us are supporting fakeservers that will get shutdow eventually :sweat_smile:.

no facts provided btw.
im not complaining. im correcting some misconception on some legal issues by stating examples and facts.
the quarrel started because someone above stated that there is one or more private projects are going to be shutdown soon. So i pointed out the legal conditions that can make the shut down possible. Then i questioned the statistics about the shutdowns that occured and it was confirmed that there have been only 3 shutdowns of realms that they did not complete their phase cycle because they had cash shop.
Then i pointed 15 populated realms that completed their lifecycles. some of them in legal and some of them on illegal environments.

the point is not to support illegal projects. The point is to have proper legacy servers by BLIZZARD. To see them moderating the game against bots and gold sellers. to take measurments against boosting and make proper changes and adjustments. And finaly to have some official server that can handle a 100 peolple pvping on the same territory without the fps drops that we had in classic.

when blizzard manage to deliver a product that deserve its subscription and we get proper classic fresh servers then the eager for private servers will calm down, because it wont be needed. sadly with the way that blizzard managed the “legacy server” topic the past 10 years + created that situation.

The only power that can make private servers shutdown is blizzard delivering a decent legacy product. there is no other way to shut the existing projects down atm because the conditions that they created are legal considering the law of the country they are hosting from.

we all want the same thing i think. we are just arguing on the way the law handles the gaming emulations.

3 Likes

I just stated why private servers dies (getting put down) :sweat_smile: if you have a problem about it i think you have to correct the laws, good luck! :slight_smile:

yeah we are on the same page on that. it dies whenever it creates illegal conditions. so the 3 projects that avoided that rule died. and any other project that want to be greedy and create a cash shop can potentialy die. That law does not touch the ones without profits though. because as i stated emulation without profit is completely legal in the majority of states.
why do you believe i would like to correct the law? it does not affect me in any way. law does not stop me from playing tbc classic as it never stoped any of the private projects i participated in the past and i still have my characters there. Laws are fine. thank you

2 Likes

Ah i missunderstood you, gg :sweat_smile:

1 Like

thats your opinion. it is a plausible position to take but the complete opposite may also happen. i am somewhat torn, realizing that Vanilla simply was the better game but reluctant - as younsay - to simply run the same thing again.

but if they made the classic+ changes i want to see, i would be game

1 Like

As long as they only open a few servers it will be ok. If they keep the same structure as they have now then people won’t play on them.

I don’t think they will make Classic+ servers, they will be exactly like 2019.

Open the gate for playerhousing!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.