Classic is DISASTROUS for retail

Honestly the story is quite good the behind lore,and the potential.And with the dlc they planned it would’ev been awsome,with the other arks,and story behind the galaxy and the precursers.But bioware was/is heavly missmanaged.Also the jetpack is a nice addition and the exploration with rover reminded me of the first one.In a nut shell it was this unknow space explorer game.

1 Like

Oh yeah … The memories, that first rover was more dangerous than the mobs that were attacking me :joy:

1 Like

ye the physics on that one where horrible.

TBC and WOTLK will deliver the killing blow.

2 Likes

They sure were

lol… in the end the only thing that could kill WoW was… WoW !

3 Likes

Hmm I’ll wait and see, there has been some talk about adding the expansions but keeping the classic feel, I would love to see how that pans out

How do you mean @Kimkitty

Good Fortnite is rubbish tried it once what a load of crap.

1 Like

Screw retail.
Classic is nowhere near perfect, but for the first time in years I’m actually having fun with WoW again and what other reason do you need to play a game?

12 Likes

I’m hoping this classic launch experience has been very educational for blizzard and that reflects so in the next expansion.

4 Likes

Me too :slight_smile: @Suragi, reminds me of a time long, long ago when I discovered WoW … Well, actually a friend of mine suggested I take a look at it, I did, and it was a great move

I hope so too, a year or so back I rolled a couple of chars on retail and the speed I levelled them was insane compared to the WoW I remembered, I was able to get both of them up to level 20 in what seemed like a day or two rather than a month or two.

Btw can anyone remind me when the Blood Elfs appeared, my memory is a bit foggy about that

Bioware actually did the opposite.

The project leads were so arrogant in their development goals for Anthem that the development team was not even allowed to reference Destiny and the working progression models in that game. I know this will sound like a “my dad works at Nintendo” meme but I’m good friends with an QA tester who worked extensively on Anthem. Bioware completely ignored all the feedback they provided and continued that trend into the Beta and full release before eventually relenting and realising their colossal mistake. Heck, they even totally disregarded extensive feedback from a highly experienced former Diablo III developer who told them exactly what they needed to fix and how to do it.

Sometimes a developer does need to hold firm but there’s a definitely a happy medium that both Bioware and Blizzard have both spectacularly missed in their own way.

1 Like

My overall view is that WoW is truly past its sell by date and I need a whole new and different game but everything else out there currently is also pretty lacklustre and ageing.

Some of my chars are 15 years old and looking tired and boring these days. Yes I re-created some on Classic but if the game continues to go deja-vu and re-spin old content then it’s bye-bye for me.

1 Like

Many players think that is to hard to catch up playing retail. If you quit from wotlk then there is no way these players coming back even if it’s a good expansion because everything is just a mess. My suggestion: Develop classic.

The Burning Crusade.

I would say that Blizzard have an opportunity that few games ever get, to take a look at what players are really engaged by.

For a long time the modern game has been getting ripped apart and generally shredded for what many may call bad judgement or frankly no clue what they are doing.

Launching Classic and seeing what players do again may give them inspiration for the next expansion…maybe finally they will make professions worthwhile again…maybe…just been asking for that for a decade it’s no biggie…

And other such aspects of the game, maybe they will see how devastating cross realm zones has actually been. or how negative LFR/LFD actually is to the core game experience even if I think they serve a purpose it shouldn’t be at the expense of the core game the way it has been.

however all of these and so much more depend entirely on the players, the realms to truly forge communities again the way it was intended in the first place and so on.
This can all become real for the modern game as well.
But the players need to stick to their guns, 1 week in(2 now?) and people are calling out for TBC or WOLK to be put in, or changes to anything and everything despite the 10 ish (probably more) years of people requesting Classic WoW, these players(YOU) asked for this, you asked for this specific game to be relaunched to be played again.
By sticking out, engaging and enjoying it, Blizzard will likely either heavily change the retail game to come closer to what classic era is in some respects or bring you tbc and wolk as they already alluded to such a move if it was worthwhile.

For me I played the game from launch, I enjoyed it back then, I was mostly and off and on player due to work I just muddled through it but did PvP strictly, tbc was pretty much the same though added raiding instead as well as PvP. Wolk…for me given it mirrored the RTS game warcraft 3 and the expansion frozen throne…was the penultimate expansion and while some flaws was imho the most complete expansion they have ever released.

Classic for me…had some great memories but the glaring faults remedied by the 2 subsequent expansions really made things so much more, by that time it really was the sum of it’s parts and it showed in player activity and active player count.

If Classic is disastrous for retail…then Blizzard only have to look at the decisions they have made since 2009 for the reasons why. LFG…end of wolk, cross realm lfd, lfr, insane levels of class homogenization,broken professions, and other reasons of your own(those are just a couple of my misgivings about the game over time).

Retail WoW has a future if Blizzard stop to pay attention to what the players are really excited about.

1 Like

What a load of bs. There hasn’t even been a noticable impact from what I’ve seen and heard, towns are still full of people, queue times for activities didn’t change, wpvp is still the same in the new zones. While BFA is far from perfect, it’s also not as bad as some people make it out to be.

5 Likes

That it? You’re not even going to attempt to state why?