Classic is dying due to faction imbalance

I rerolled on a different server after levelling 2 characters to 60 and my new server also has faction inbalance as well. I am close to rerolling a 3rd time.

1 Like

Time to change the faction I guess :smiley:

The besr solution is the PvE server.

As it’s not possible to force an almost equal number of players to roll on each server the PvE ruleset avoids the outcomes of heavy faction imbalance

Avoid>Defend>Mitigate>Recover

How could that be a best solution? I mean… people obviously want to do PVP. If you advise all Alliance players to move to a PVE server and Horde will stay alone on PVP server, why would that be a best solution?

Can´t we agree that the best solution would actually be having a balanced realms? And since Blizzard does not disclose balance data, it is only them who could do something about it. They should regulate it. I am sure many Horde players would roll Alliance knowing it would bring some wPVP into the game.

I did thats the sad part :pleading_face:

I’ll elaborate

If you’re pointing out “The best solution possible is the pve server” then I’d be forced to agree with you. The key is the interpretation of possible, to mean within the available and plausible outcones.

It doesn’t need to be discussed that people want to PVP this is known and both battle grounds and pvp tagging are available on pve servers.

Once again I’ll reiterate balanced realms are not possible, due to freedom of choice as already stated unless blizzard is going force players into a specific faction, the reality is horde is more poplular.

Sure? Why? You are demonstrating the naivety which ultimately has lead to you not forseeing this. Ive written extensively about this.

The intended implication is they would move to pve servers too

Because… believe it or not… most Horde players are grown people with brains who actually want to have fun.

Solution for Blizzard is to merge dying faction servers to each other .

(Example : Dying Horde server merge with Dying Alliance server) .

Classic will never die silly internet troll havent died in 15 years and never will - now go outside and breath some fresh air would be good for you i guess

Ok let’s tackle this.

Unfortunately there’s enough players who want to win at all costs. Whats more there is a demonstrated historical trend that servers overtime become more and more single faction focused. Your hyperbole not withstanding.

Exactly. Blizzard has all the data and still allowed the history to repeat itself. They should have regulated it. Only they can as they have the data needed. We can´t blame players for creating single faction realms. Usually the weaker faction was actually the one that wanted to fight this trend. That´s why I rolled Alliance. As I hoped Blizzard would take some actions to support realm balance. As we all knew chosing Horde would be the safe bet… but if everyone is Horde, where is the fun… If they don´t do anything, I will naturally re-roll and will support the historical trend of creating single faction realms. It´s just logical. I play the game to have fun. If I don´t have fun, I quit it or start playing something else. In other games nobody really cares as it´s normal, but in wow for some reason such players are called crybabies. Not really sure why…

2 Likes

Once again, blizzard gives players free choice. And its unreasonable to force players to roll on a specific faction, which is what you are ultimately suggesting even if you don’t realise it.

This once again demonstrates your lack of foresight QED

When you roll pvp you agree to that rule set for better or for worse, the likely outcomes were already known.

Yes. You are given a choice - Alliance or Horde. However Blizzard does not provide you with any information about the realm you want to roll on. So how exactly can you make a decision? That´s why many players rolled Horde. Even though they might have prefered Alliance. It was just a safe bet. I personally know many people who were thinking this way. If Blizzard took some measures to support faction balance (and thus people would know rolling Alliance is not stupid decision to make), they would have rolled Alliance.

Yeah… funny you can always hear that from people who intentionally chose stronger faction to abuse these rules…

Anyways you are totally right. I can´t disagree with you. I am just sad Classic PVP servers will be one factioned (i.e. dead) few months after release. I waited for this game so long and hoped I would enjoy it for a year or two. PVE server is not an option for me, so I still have a month of my subcription paid and in Jan 2020 I will see if I quit or not.

There’s a lot to unpack here my hypothesis is that blizzard doesn’t want player’s to avoid or leave under balanced realms as it will exasperate the problem, however the potential of this was known

Of cousre you’re not referring to my self as i play horde on mirage Raceway and the alliance outnumber us.

Not true , I’ll refer you back to this

I gave it another go this morning after taking a week off wow for things to calm down. Its still a fecking joke and they can take this and their next expac and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

I for one am not going to give money to a company that clearly doesn’t give a crap and I certainly wont back their next expansion.

3 Likes

Most of you do not seam to understand the main issue here.

Faction imbalance isn’t something that will get solved without Blizzards intervention. I have seen this happen in retail from Vanilla through BFA. The solution they added as Cross-Realm which restored the faction balance but destroyed server communities. The only solution to this is very simple offer small incentives to the imbalanced faction and open free faction specific server transfers to the server until the balance is restored.

Such incentives can be increasing the honor they gain in WPVP and reducing the opposite factions WPVP honor gain or reducing costs of repair, flight masters and respec while increasing the cost for others.

Without these measures the losing faction will either:

• Start a new character on a different server,
  • Quit the game,
  • Stay in cities and instances.

If this is not done the results will be same as it is on retail, having servers with 99% one faction and will eliminate WPVP in the end.

1 Like

i don’t believe in incentives, i belive in punishments
faction specific queues will definitly fix faction balance issues immediatly

PvE servers ARE impacted. All the people re-rolling to get away from PvP are filling up lover level-zones. In someplaces it feels like launch day all over again. And we still suffer from overpopulation due to those monstrous population caps.

The only reason this guy is posting here is cause his LFR queue is taking ages to pop. Classic might be dying (it really isn’t tho) but retail has been dead for years.

1 Like

You might be right. But the OP has a point. Retail was Vanilla and had similar problems. When they didn’t get slowed we got what we have today. However in Classic we have a chance to prevent the same thing of happening.
That’s what I think anyway.