Classic is unplayable

Of course. But the OP made it sound (if I didnt misread) that they been in queue for 7+ hours since morning so my comment reflects that I logged in during the morning and got in fairly quickly compared to last night.

As for now I am happy that I didn’t pay for 6 months or more upfront.

1 Like

Logged in at 10 am and still have around 3 hours to go from now

1 Like

Blizz fault, yeah… but players failed also. We knew there will be HUGE queues, if players would really care that much about it, esspecially big guilds, they should organize themselves and move to other realms. If someone is solo player or a person who is playing with just few friends, and still picking overpopulated realm… its 100% player fault.

Me, and my friends (11 peoples) decided to wait at least 1/2 day to see how things goes, dodged unplayable servers and rolled Gandling. No queue issue here (right now it was 2,5k… something that we can deal with 40min>)

1 Like

but to what other realms? to french roleplay realms?

2 Likes

11 people is easy to organize and move. I have much more friends in WoW + friend’s friendd’s friends. Y’know.

Log in this morning, zero wait time, logged in now, zero wait time… for me classic has been great, however i can understand frustation.

Btw, i’m playing on Nethergarde Keep, awesome server, awesome community, zero downtime.

1 Like

I know, more peoples is harder, but still doable. It depends if ur mates are lazy or not.

That will not happen when you invested already to leveling etc.

The names of the servers were revealed beforehand, and a lot of communities started spreading out on which servers they would be on. It wasn’t just that it was announced and opened at the same time, so the popularity became well known before character creation was opened.

And Blizzard responded to the popularity by adding more servers. But rolling out new servers takes its time. I’m not entirely sure how many servers they had lined up for classic, but they’ve rolled out a lot of servers since release.

1 Like

I don’t know about the technology, but instead of adding new servers, couldn’t they strengthen the most populated ones?

What did Blizzard do? Not open enough servers.

This is on Blizzard no matter how you try to twist it.

1 Like

This is kinda disappointing.

Yesterday: 6 hours in the queue / 3 hour play.
Today: Queued 4 hours ago, still 8200+ players in the queue.

Blizzard team, what the heck?
Why would you allow so many character registration in the same realm and then half of the players can’t log in?

Regardless though, I’m considering starting again on level 1 in another realm and losing all the time spend on my current character.

Is that the best you can do?

I only have 2-2.5 hours queue on Flamelash…

It’s not worth it imho.

Yeah… the queue times are just stupid. I logged in at 10:45 am and now, at 5:20 pm, I get to play. Blizzard really didn’t expect classic to be this popular, even if numerous player have been telling them for years that it’s a popular game that wants to be played.

I hope Blizzard will get their stuff together and just, fix these long queues. Migrating ain’t an option for ONE individual. Not for me at least. All my friends play on one realm, so why would I want to migrate or start over on a new realm without friends? Not going to happen, so I do hope Blizzard look into this.

2 Likes

Blizzard aimed for a healthy community, I wonder if they call this healthy… wierd if so

2 Likes

They’ve added layers to the servers to aid on the problem, but apparently not enough. And the layer technology seems to have a bit of issues with it as well, as some are reported to be DCed.

They already said they wouldn’t be adding too much servers, because of the risk of dead realms. lets face it, we’re on release days now, and there’s a whole heap of tourists that just want to check the game out. Then they’ll leave, and we run the risk dead servers. Just like happened to WoW before.

For Blizzard now it’s like trying to walk a tight rope over a gaping chasm filled with deadly snakes. If they add too many servers, you get moaning down the line for dead servers. If they don’t add enough servers, you get queue moaning.

Personally I rather take a bit of queue now when the game is fresh and released, and have a populated realm in 2 months time, than having tons of server and end up with dead server in 2 months time. I play MMOs for the social aspect as much as the gameplay aspect.

Well, just implement a “Migrate” button in the WoW interface so that it will be much easier for everyone (including friends and guilds) to move their characters together elsewhere.

Blizzard 1 week prior to launch: “There will be queues if people don’t spread out to different servers”.
People: Meh
On release with tons of queues: “OMG BLIZZARD! U SUCK! INCOMPETENT! gibberish cursing

Actually I’ve switched 3 times now. Every server the same, 6+ hour queues. Unacceptable

1 Like