Classic just broke, do YOU think they will ban people?

Couldn’t agree more.

A reset would also give the PvP folks who want to be the dominant faction a chance to move, with all their friends, to different servers.

Two birds, one stone as they say

3 Likes

Well, this explains why I see people with full pre-raid BiS, including Hand of Justice etc…

3 Likes

The only real solution can be fixing the bug, and if traceable banning accounts that abused it. If it’s done in normal dungeons I don’t know if they can backtrack it, but if done in raids it has happened before and whole guilds that abused it were banned.

There was an exploit back at release in AQ40 that allowed people to skip the dungeon and go straight to C’thun. Blizz found out and banned all accounts (entire raid guilds) with raid ID’s that had C’Thun kills attached to to their raid ID’s and not the rest of the bosses.

So if this current exploit is being used in MC as well, or respawning Onyxia, they can see it on the Raid ID’s (too many repeated kills, no other bosses etc.). I doubt this is also visible on non raid dungeons though.

Resetting all servers to start would most definitely kill Classic. I know for sure that no one I know that is playing, including myself, will start over from scratch after investing all this time already. Because if resetting everything after a big bug or exploit is considered a solution, who says it will not happen again in a month, and again few months after. That can never be a solution.

2 Likes

Honestly, I would be totally fine with a full purge, even though I’ll lose 5 +20s across 3 realms.

At this point, this is just not Classic. It’s disgusting.

3 Likes

I think if they did I would prefer that they reset the characters/quests/items/gold rather than a full blank reset, I might lose my character names.

Maybe they should reset the exploiters characters only. All of them.

3 Likes

I had my suspicions when seeing people running around with BIS already, something must be done though. Perma ban or the characters stripped, regardless of the persons status.

even the slightest exploit should be rolled back. a lil grain a sand can make a huge tempest if not fixed. This is a freaking MMORPG

Im sure they can look at logs and work on it… They are just being so lazy that its unstainable

People even have both bindings of Thunderfury already…

1 Like

Ok for the first time I agree with asmongold. I feel dirty.

1 Like

Sad story.
Really hope blizz will take out all gold generated.
There is a massive chance, they wont.
Leveling is on hold atm.

1 Like

I don’t see why, unless you tried it.

Don’t you think you worded that incorrectly? “as soon” yeah right it’s been like that for 2 weeks and even happened on stream 1 week ago and yet they only “fixed it” now and “the fix” is slapping flex tape on gaped wall

At the very least they need to give us a “new” unlayered server for those of us who want to play the game without having to deal with exploiters.

1 Like

What makes you think they won’t move / moved all acquired gold on other accounts? Character ban won’t do anything it must be hardware ban. You may ask but wait blizzard would know if they moved gold or items to other chars. No it all takes to get account and sell let’s say silk cloth for 3 times more than on ah slowly moving gold. There’s lots of other methods as well

1 Like

Yes, cos better play on a ruined server than a freshly created new one.

If you worry about your names only, it could just a rollback back to start with everyone got their names kept.

You are right, people would be pissed on short term, but in the long term, atleast it would be free from cheaters and abusers.

Also this.

A minute? Do you take a minute to clear whole dungeon? I can’t comprehend how you people still Don understand the situation and thinking its just oh I can just run out of dungeon and reset instance with6my portrait. wow no one thought about it. The point is u reset instance while in dungeon and make boss respawn and you kill him over and over again. You don’t need to clear whole dungeon to get to boss u are standing at boss and it respawns. If you need 45 minutes to clear dungeon and kill boss it only takes 3 minutes to kill boss in dungeon with this exploit. In that 45 minutes of 1 clear time with this method you kill boss 15 times in 45 minutes

No I worry about loosing all the time I invested in my character so far. I lost 3 days I took off from work already when I had to reroll to a non queue server. Started fresh and invested a lot of time getting up again, nearly 40 now. If they force me to start over again, I will not do so, and find me a different game to enjoy. And i will not be alone.

And like i said before, if they reset all servers once, there will be no reason why they will not do it again after another bug or exploit. Who would want to invest countless of hours in their character if there’s risk that due to other people exploiting, you will have to start over again and again?

No, a minute to run out, reset, then back in again, to redo all the bosses. I know how the exploit works.

They won’t do a server reset, they will do stuff to people who used the exploit. Unless of course you used it. Downing the same boss in a raid more than once a week will prove they used the exploit.

And it’s losing, loosing is letting go of something.

I hope Blizzard are utterly merciless in their reaction to this. Those who exploited aren’t just depriving themselves of “the vanilla experience”. They are fundamental topling the server economies, and screwing over thousands of players that haven’t caught up yet.

To those who says this was just like vanilla. No. You’re wrong. There was a mechanic that alowed you to reset ordinary dungeons. This has been implemented in classic aswell. There was not, however, a layering mechanic that alowed you to reset FULL RAIDS indefinetly.

Here’s a video with a walkthrough:

2 Likes