Classic needs BGs now, without rewards

In terms of PvP, Classic doesn’t offer much at all at the moment, WPvP right now is 10v1 at dungeon entrances 99% of the time, and with also no significant PvP gear available (buyable potions, PvP trinket, PvP sets, etc.), PvP fights also tend to snowball into who has the naturally better WPvP class, which for the most part are rogues and mages. Now I’m not against imbalance between the classes, my point is that it’s way too hard to find a decent 1v1 or Group fight.

Battlegrounds - with no reputation or honor rewards till their appropiate phase (although I’d allow BG honor gains in phase2) - I beleive would solve a major content problem for the game. A lot of people like me already have their BiS, professions and all that levelled, or some grinds such as 100% mount prove too boring, all the raids completed (I’m actually close to finishing up my phase1 BiS), so there isn’t much to do - PvP on the other hand is an infinite content, but in it’s current state it’s not really working.

2 Likes

All of you who claim that " All raids completed " and " im out of content" have looted exactly one or two epic items.
You dont have 100% mount ( thats a must in battlegrounds) where are you rushing to?
I bet you are not fully enchanted either .

3 Likes

Vanilla was NEVER intended nor attempted to be balanced around 1v1. The nature itself of the genre of the game could ever hardly allow it. Gear, class, the specific context of a fight will all be much more relevant than skill itself and it’s perfectly regular if you want 1v1s do duels all day or find a game which suits more your goals. This is a MMORPG.

2 Likes

who cares bg.

wpvp is the sht in classic especially nowadays with server discords so you can feed of their salt when they have to run 10min to their corpse again <3

2 Likes

I played much of “vanilla” with normal mount and managed fine. There is no “must” at all

That said…NO! BG’s need to be at xmas and no sooner

No.

Go back to Retail.

#nochanges

4 Likes

Yes, there is no content - all that I can do pretty much is raid logging. I have my full pre-bis, my professions maxed, fully enchanted, I even have my OS gear decked out, the only thing that I’m waiting for are raids, which are only every 5-7 days. I suppose I could level my alt, but my original point with this post was: “hey pvp content is dead right now, I think BGs - without rewards so the nochanges crowd won’t be as pissed off - could fix this issue and make pvp content more enjoyalbe.”

I didn’t ask for 1v1’s tho?? I’m asking for BGs mate. Read the post.

I suppose that’s something I can do, but most max level pvp takes place at dungeon entrances which are usually 10v1, and I have no desire to kill lowbies. I find that a waste of time for myself.

What’s the logic behind that? It’s not a new raid, it’s just a few extra zones where we can PvP in.

Make a convincing argument.

Totally agree OP let’s get BGs no need to tie them to any new gear or content phasing

I’m not 70 yet but me and mates really want to get some low level PvP in before it becomes a twinkfest

1 Like

Go BG in BFA if that is what you want, feel free to make undergeared toons if wanna hardcore BGs.

1 Like
  • You pushed straight for 60, while the best world PvP is found throughout the leveling areas all over the place. That’s on you.
  • Others who pushed straight to 60 already are very likely to want to progress fast - world PvP is about fun, not progression, and yet you’re surprised that they’re less interested in it?
  • There’s still people and fights to be had, it’s just that dungeon entrances are the easy places to find fights. Are you willing to put some effort into it?
  • Group fights at dungeons turn into ganks? Shocker! It’s almost as there’s always groups at group content, and often ganks at places where people focus on getting to other things or on just demoralizing the opposition (world buff areas, killing raiders).
  • And now you want Blizzard to fix it for you. No thanks, not until phase 3. Battlegrounds was the beginning of the retail dogma of making things meaningless, easily accessible and a farm-frenzy.
1 Like

Good luck with that - Blizz have published the release dates for the phases - you’ll just have to wait or go PvP Retail

Yeah I did do loads of WPvP, and it was enjoyable, but as I said in the post, not at level 60.

That is why I’m asking for BGs - PvE content only lasts for so long, and people are always willing to just do some BGs whenever they finished their content.

I have tried looking for WPvP action yes, there is just not a lot to be found.

Well, duh… my problem is that 99% of WPvP takes action there, and it’s not really fun for both sides unless you like wasting the other person’s time. BGs can however fix that.

Then why even play the game? You can make that strawman argument about anything in the game. What’s the logic behind waiting for phase3? What’s the logic behind not letting people do PvP in 2(3) areas without rewards so the nochanges crowd isn’t pissed off? BGs are objectively the best addition to WoW PvP in this game - it’s just pure endless content where you get to do PvP any time you want, without having to spend ages on trying to find that one great WPvP encounter.

They released Dire Maul early BECAUSE there isn’t much content in the game.

Good luck I said - but I think you’ll need to wait - I assume you are on a PvP server?

I am, yes.

How is is any different than the server IRC channels we had back in the day?

1 Like

#diremaul out
#raidsfacerolllfr
#nochanges

3 Likes

/10characters

World PVP is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) appeals of classic WoW.

Having no battlegrounds when the pvp system launches is going to be CRAAZZZYYY FUNN AND EPIICCC… At least for a while.

It’s going to suck for lvl 48’s, but the 60’s will have a blast.
We should have at least a few weeks of STVietnam and D-Day Searing Gorge, assuming the servers can handle it. Considering they’re already dying when we pvp in BRM, that’s unlikely though.

i think you should atleast try to grow up a little.

Fair enough.
Classic is balanced around patch 1.12.
So they can just go ahead and release all content that was available then, which happens to include all 3 classic BG’s.

1 Like