Classic pvp

Such a missed opportunity, if they had just separated pugs and premades it could have been incredible. What a shame.

5X Warsong Gulch this morning, all 5 against premades. All 5 losses. A total of 26 kills and 2700 honor gained over the 5 matches. Classic pvp is dead and premade vs pug killed it.

11 Likes

Pvp in WoW Vanilla was a last minute call.
There was not suppose to be any pvp at all, let alone 2 factions.

The only PvP that’s dead in Classic is WPvP.
Admittedly it stops being fun once you hit 60 and run into all the min/maxers and stat padders but before all that it’s still entertaining.

The big problem with Classic PvP is that it’s built on a fundamentally broken system that encourages people to try and game it in order to get anywhere, an issue that’s fixed in TBC onwards.

1 Like

Premades aren’t the problem in this MMORPG.
The ability to queue alone is the problem. It’s why you get a higher rate of toxic outbursts, since everyone is a stranger you don’t remember properly, and it enables bots and AFKers to farm honor and reputation.

Premades-only helps reduce toxic behavior between teammates, and it completely prevents bots and AFKers from earning honor and reputation.

If there would only be premades, then you’d have no choice but to fight every time. Since that’d be the only way to earn rewards. It’s because there are pugs that premades are so quick to give up.

See, the most frequent problems in Classic PvP is caused by the ability to queue alone.
Solution: Make BGs only available to full premades.

4 Likes

Premades do not suit a large portion of the players and a HUGE portion of servers.

Private servers kept premades and pugs apart and it worked brilliantly, there is literally a president for this actually working in the real world.

2 Likes

Right… Yeah… I mean, it’s totally impossible to form a raid to queue for a BG through realm discords or global chats, right? It’s totally harder than forming all of those raid pugs to the PvE raids, right?

Wait… :thinking:

Source? How active were the GMs? How much did it require out of them to keep it under control?

1 Like

some servers have little to no pvp community and some people do not have the time to play multiple games and form a premade. When did I say “impossible” that isn’t something I said… I said it does not suit people. Don’t put words in my mouth.

Wtf are you talking about “source?” as if I can link you private servers.

Which is because there is a convenient option where people play alone, thus never forming any “community”.
It doesn’t mean the players don’t exist. It just means they’re choosing the more braindead option for the sake of convenience.

Well, you’re the one who claimed it works better. As far as I know, pservers tend to have their own websites and forums. Shouldn’t be that hard.

Also, how much did it require out of the GMs, if you can find that source to back up your claim? Because pservers tend to be known for “hands-on” admins keeping things under control, while Blizzard is kinda doing the exact opposite. So for Classic WoW, you can’t compare the two. You need to keep in mind that it needs to work without the need for GMs, for it to work in Classic.

The daily instance cap for example. It’s because they don’t have the job instructions in place to properly police their own servers.

wPVP isn’t dead - everyone can start some action anywhere. I do it all the time and it’s basically the part i enjoy the most about this game.

I also join BG’s when most people are not premading (late at night or early in the morning). Most people are online during peak hours and that’s when it’s easier to have everyone from a premade online. I would not recommend to play WSG since it’s easier to make a 10man premade team than a 15man for AB.

Classic PVP is basically AB and wPVP.

Funny thing is, you can’t really claim any PvP is “dead” as long as people are doing it. So you’re insinuating WSG is so full of premades that there’s no room for lonely players, right?

I mean, people complaining about how common premades is has been a thing since WSG came out in 2019 in Classic.
So premades are a very popular way to queue for BGs, is what it means.

bad PUGs then. Close this thread

okay then what i mean is that: classic pvp for solo players is best found in AB and wPVP. WSG is pretty premade dominated and you have to be lucky as a solo player to get into a solo’s vs solo’s match.

Great, so if they shut down automatic matchmaking for teammates, it wouldn’t affect many. I mean, premades are already dominating according to the many threads about it since BGs came out in Classic, so might as well get rid of the bots and AFKers in Classic PvP once and for all by shutting down the solo option.

Because letting people queue alone is the direct cause of why bots and AFKers exist in Classic BGs. I’d argue the cost is not worth it, when so many people queue as premades anyway.

Sorry but please provide a source for that “pugs is the cause of bots” theory

Why are you not playing group pvp content in a group?

Many solo players already made a bad experience and quit playing WSG. It’s like a chain reaction than spirals up until nobody queues fo WSG alone anymore.
The only BG left for me that is fun to play is AB - i don’t want to play in premade teams. I want to play then whenever i want without being dependent on other people and their time schedule.

The reason why bots and leechers exist is not because of the queue options lol, it’s because the pvp system doesn’t reward skill, just time invested. That’s also the reason why premades exist - they want to win fast against pugs to get more honor per hour (it’s the most effective way to play the honor system).

There are only very few people who want to participate in a tournament style WSG premade vs premade in a sportive way and not for the honor grind. Those have already figured out how to organize such events and participate on it. Such a format is not required for the whole community, there are many players who would like to do some casual bg’s.

2 Likes

Warsong Gulch is played in a 10 man group, are you ok mate? Do you need me to fetch somebody for you.

So childish…
But ok, this is not something that requires a source, you know? Simply put, they operate by queuing as scripted in the bot. If there’d be no option to solo queue, even if they’d change the script to have bots queue together, they’d still be unable to win because bots aren’t better than real players.

Ergo, by logical conclusion, they’d be unable to earn honor and reputation by making it into premade-only.
Another thing you can deduce from that, is that the only reason bots and AFKers are a thing in Classic BGs, is due to the automatic matchmaking of teammates. Remove that, and then they’ll naturally disappear from the ecosystem.

AFKers would be blacklisted, and bots aren’t exactly social enough to enter actual premades.

Get it now? You should try to think a bit more. It’d save me the trouble of needing to spell out the obvious.

Still waiting for your answer to that.

Just so you know, people were complaining about the prevalence of premades in WSG since the start. It didn’t take months for those complaints to appear.
So no, it’s not a spiral. People queuing solo were just never the majority in BGs that allows premades to queue, if you go by the amount of complaints about them since the start. (Server statistics aren’t available, that’s only known by Blizzard.)

Imagine that, a social game being played in social groups. Who woulda thunk?

Note that both PUGs and premades are social groups. Do you think premades are more “social” than PUGs? I don’t think so, they are temporary constellations of egos that want to reach rank 14 as fast as possible. Nothing particularly social about them.